PDA

View Full Version : Text for wedding card?

Randi
10-19-2012, 07:58 AM
My friends' daughter will be married tomorrow and I finally found a card I like, with no text inside. I need ideas for something to write, or perhaps a short poem. Any ideas?

Freedom
10-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Use Google, you can put in: wedding card text
Lots of hits

I am sure others will pop in with great ideas. But now, at least you know you have SOMETHING, you aren't "stuck" ha haaa. I'd love to see what you finally decide upon!

Karen
10-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Traditional:

Best wishes for you both in your new life together

May this day be a joyful celebration of your love
And a wonderful beginning of your new lives together

lizbud
10-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Karen's idea is a good one to use. I usually pick out a card BECAUSE of the sentiment of the writing inside. I don't want
to feel pressured to come up with something myself. :)

Edwina's Secretary
10-19-2012, 01:05 PM
It would depend on the card. Recently I designed the invitations for a wedding shower. The theme was autumn so I looked for a quote that went with autumn. Googled autumn and love and got this...

Love is like the seed put in the soil – the more one sows the greater the harvest.

So perhaps you google the card theme and love or marriage or...

Randi
10-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks all! I searched for texts, but most of them are for invitations, or too religious. Anyway, I will include something like "love, happiness and prosperity" and I like your suggestion, Karen, so I'll work a bit on translating that into Danish. :)

I found one that has "never go to sleep being angry with each other". I like that, too. Her mom and talked about this years ago.

Love yours too, Sara! Actually, the card is showing two children kissing each other (a kind of Carl Larsson feel to it), standing on a beach with a wonderful blue background.

Edwina's Secretary
10-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Okay...beach...go with that?

"May you always have sandy feet and salty kisses"

•Love builds up the broken wall and straightens the crooked path. love keeps the stars in the firmament and imposes rhythm on the ocean tides each of us is created of it and i suspect each of us was created for it -Maya Angelou

If you want to know how much you love each other...count the waves