PDA

View Full Version : Putting an animal to sleep

Desert Arabian
11-25-2002, 07:22 PM
I had to put Punkin to sleep today to end her suffering of congestive heart failure. She had only been suffering for about 32 hours, but thats too long for me to bear. I am afraid that I am going to lose my other dear rat Peanut soon too, for she is showing the same symptoms, but not as bad as Punkin. When we went to the vet to put Punkin to sleep, we brought Peanut along to be examined. The vet said that she is doing really well, except for some slight breathing problems. She told us it could be pneumonia, and she gave us some grape flavored antibiotics just in case it could be cureable. I am afraid of the worst, but I am trying to think of the best. Please pray for my little rattie, we need it really bad. Thanks!

In the picture: Punkin (left) Peanut (right)

Fuzzy317
11-25-2002, 07:28 PM
I am sorry about Punkin. :(

In my house, fingers and paws are crossed for Peanut to be better. :)

RockyRoad
11-25-2002, 07:32 PM
Awww I am so sorry for Punkin and Peanut and your family. We will all be crossing our paws as well. Hope you get better Peanut. RIP Punkin. :( Well at least Punkin is up there with Oreo and Skittles and can't you just picture them playing together having so much fun.

sammi
11-25-2002, 07:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your Punkin. No longer is she in pain.

Miss Meow
11-25-2002, 07:46 PM
I'm so sorry about Punkin. I'm glad she wasn't suffering for long.

Fingers crossed for little Peanut, I hope she recovers quickly :)

Cookiebaker
11-25-2002, 07:53 PM
I'm *so* sorry! Rest in peace, dear Punkin!! :(

aly
11-25-2002, 10:08 PM
I am so sorry about Punkin. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved furkid. I will keep Peanut in my prayers and hope for a speedy recovery.

ownerof3dogs
11-25-2002, 11:48 PM
I am so sorry to hear about punkin. At least she's no longer in pain. I also pray that peanut get better soon.

The Cat Factory
11-26-2002, 12:45 AM
I'm so sorry about Punkin, and I'll keep Peanut in my thoughts :(

jenluckenbach
11-26-2002, 05:50 AM
Poor sweet Punkin. I am terribly sorry for your loss. all prayers going out to peanut for a speedy recovery..

lynnestankard
11-26-2002, 07:54 AM
So sad to hear about Punkin {{{Hugs}}} coming across the miles for you and Peanut. RIP at Rainbow Bridge little one.

Lynne

Cataholic
11-26-2002, 07:59 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Punkin. That was a difficult, but very loving, decision you made. I know Punkin is in RB loving you for it. All paws and tails are crossed here, and prayers are on the way for a speedy recovery for Peanut{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}.

ramanth
11-26-2002, 08:43 AM
I'm sorry about Punkin. :( May she rest in peace.

I also hope that Peanut gets better real soon. :)