PDA

View Full Version : Baked Thursday...#503

RICHARD
10-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I took the dog for a walk and saw they leaves turning colors and it reminded me that the U.S. took control of Alaske on this date in 1867...

Not really. It's just we never have had a dessert that we have set on fire before!:eek::D;)

I think a hot drink and a shot of Bailey's on the side would be good on this blustery day....

DONE?

Pinot's Mom
10-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Not blustery here, but I'll join you in the drink! Cheers!

cassiesmom
10-18-2012, 08:33 PM
It's not windy here, but it is raining. I'm drinking diet 7UP, and I'd be happy to sit with my friends!

Karen
10-18-2012, 09:24 PM
It was a beautiful day here today, but fall is definitely in the air! I remember my mom making Baked Alaska once - quite the treat!
Apple cider anyone? Your choice, chilled or warm and spiced!

RICHARD
10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
I don't think I'l ever get over the seasons being so 'obvious' here in KY., I love apple cider, but it really does seem like a fall drink now.

I have been craving an ice cream sandwich for the last week of two - So a BA should satisfy my need for a good fire and something cold!

Nice to see you all here........

Karen
10-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, most of the country has much more blatant "seasons" than your native southern California does! ;) Are there farmers' markets where you are Richard? What's "in season" down there?

Catty1
10-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Snow is on the way...late this afternoon the wind started howling as it introduced the weather change!

I decided it was time to make baking powder biscuits and heat up some of my home-made chicken soup!

I brought extra biscuits - warm them up a bit then slice and butter them. MMmmm.........

pomtzu
10-20-2012, 11:44 AM
I was looking for some "busy" things to do a couple of days ago, so being it's the season I love to bake, made a few loaves of pumpkin bread. Help yourselves everyone - and there's cream cheese to spread on a slice too, if that's to your liking. Has anyone tried the new pumpkin cream cheese? I have a coupon for it, so I might try it. I'll take a cup of chilled cider too please, if there's any left.

Karen
10-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Pumpkin bread, cool, I'll take some! And yes, I refilled the cider jug!

mon
10-20-2012, 08:08 PM
I bake like a mad one and this is the first year I have made pumpkin bread. I had to go for a walk so I wouldn't eat both loaves ;) It is really good! I also just tried mulled apple herb tea, SO good, tastes like hot apple cider only not acidic. I am not even a tea drinker, but this my friends is very nice :D:)

RICHARD
10-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes, most of the country has much more blatant "seasons" than your native southern California does! ;) Are there farmers' markets where you are Richard? What's "in season" down there?

Most of the farmer's markets have shut down for the season, there are pumpkins galore and apples, but the warm weather went by so fast that I blinked and missed it.;)

C1,

i'll trade you a biscuit for a hot drink and some honey! Or better yet, HONEY BUTTER, without the boo boo?

DONE!

Pom........

Pumpkin bread sounds really good......One chilled cider and cream cheese?

Done!

Hi Mon,

Welcome to the longest running cyber bar on the PT website.:D

II'd love to try an apple tea.

Trade you for a slice of pumpkin bread, I'll take the chance of gaining a few pounds.....

Done!

---------

I made some sesame noodle if anyone wants a plate?

I also stoked up a fire off the deck, but it's too cool so let's fire up fire up the hearth.....

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM
What a perfect fall day and a lovely weekend at the Salisbury wine festival!

Everything sounds so good! Fresh, hot biscuits with honey and butter, pumpkin bread with cream cheese, hot mulled cider...one of everything, please! ;)

Queen of Poop
10-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Could I get a hot chocolate with a snow shovel on the side?

We have a snowfall warning. :eek: 10-20 cm of snow by tomorrow.

It's -5oC outside, doesn't feel like much more than that in my office today!

Helloooooo winter.

Karen
10-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Good gracious, Gayle! I'll get you some hot chocolate, and send the Orc out to shovel for you!

RICHARD
10-22-2012, 07:58 PM
What a perfect fall day and a lovely weekend at the Salisbury wine festival!

Everything sounds so good! Fresh, hot biscuits with honey and butter, pumpkin bread with cream cheese, hot mulled cider...one of everything, please! ;)

One of everything....done!:D

QoP,

I am not going to tell you what the temp outdoors was today....

One Hot choco and an Snow Removal Orc.

Done.

Queen of Poop
10-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Well, it's snowed and it is still snowing. Orc didn't make it out yet I see as I had to walk in 7 cm of snow, my pants got snowed up to my ankles! :eek: It's -7oC with a wind chill of -16oC. Snow is to be over by noonish today - I hope. So wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, it's come early here! Brewing up some more hot chocolate for one and all this morning, marshmallows included.

Catty1
10-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Commuter time in Calgary early this morning:
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/topstories/2012/10/23/hi-snow-oct-23-8col.jpg

It's 17.6 F right now and going all the way up to 24.8 F. http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.1006737!/httpImage/image.jpeg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/image.jpeg

cassiesmom
10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
National Food Day, Oct 24 ... as if I needed a reason ... I think I'd like chocolate!

(Seriously, it is a nationwide movement having to do with people eating healthy and sustainable food. www.foodday.org )

Karen
10-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Dang, well, the batteries on the Orc must not have had a long enough range to get him to Alberta, sorry, Gayle! I'd shovel for you if I could! Snow would be a disaster here right now, as the leaves have turned and are falling, but most are still on the trees, so any snow would mean downed branches, downed power lines, and major damage.

cassiesmom
10-25-2012, 06:00 AM
Oct 25 is World Pasta Day! Once again, like I needed a reason ... tomato vodka sauce on mine, please!

(But seriously folks, once again - it is a real observance http://www.pasta-unafpa.org/pasta-day.htm )