PDA

View Full Version : To all Canine enthusiasts!

Dixieland Dancer
11-25-2002, 01:15 PM
To All Canine Enthusiasts:

As you may have heard, the NBC Television Network is undertaking a wonderful new project this year with the establishment of a major dog event, “The National Dog Show Presented by Purina®.”

NBC is producing the Saturday show from the Kennel Club of Philadelphia cluster (Nov. 14-17) into a family entertainment special to be presented on Thanksgiving Day. NBC is so excited about this project that they have positioned the two-hour show to air immediately following the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (noon-2 p.m. in all time zones).

The family-oriented parade audience of millions will thus be delivered directly to the National Dog Show, giving it a great chance for the kind of TV ratings that may enable the show to become a holiday entertainment staple.

We need to galvanize the resources of the canine industry and harness the power of America’s canine enthusiasts. By encouraging everyone to watch this dynamic and entertaining TV special on Thanksgiving Day, we can help this event become a mainstream breakthrough for Dogdom.

It will appeal to all dog lovers with “Best in Show” judging as the foundation of a show with fun facts about breeds, performances by top canine athletes and Purina-inspired tips on bringing out the champion in your own pooch.

Pass the word through internet threads, chat rooms and emails. Let’s get those 68 million pet-owning households to rally around our favorite subject and delight in the phenomenon of the canine. If this NBC Special attracts a big audience, it could open the door to even more dog-oriented TV programming.

To learn more about the “National Dog Show Presented by Purina,” go to www.purina.com, www.Philadogshow.com or www.NBC10.com/dogshow.

Sincerely,

Wayne Ferguson
Board Member, Kennel Club of Philadelphia
Board Member and Show Chairman, Morris and Essex Kennel Club
President and CEO, Cherrybrook Inc.

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-25-2002, 01:18 PM
I saw the previews yesterday on NBC. I never watch the Macy's parade, but you know I will tune in for the dog show!!!

Logan
11-25-2002, 02:07 PM
I saw the advertisement this morning, Candy. But thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention. This is network tv, folks, not even cable!!! So everyone should be able to see and enjoy it!!! :D :D :D

The time sort of stinks.....right when everyone will be eating their lunch, but we have a VCR and can definitely record it!!! :)

Cincy'sMom
11-25-2002, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I had not heard about it, but will be sure to watch!

Crikit
11-25-2002, 06:53 PM
I'm working that day so I won't be able to watch...if I'm smart enough though I'll tape it. Must remember to tape it.

RockyRoad
11-25-2002, 07:23 PM
I saw the ad. this morning as well. Thanks for telling us!! I am going to watch it, no doubt. :)

lizbud
11-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Candy,

Thanks for the tip. I did not see an add for this show &
don't watch the Macy's parade, but will definately tune in
for a dog show. I really enjoy any dog event where all
breeds are represented. I'll be watching.

delidog
11-25-2002, 09:14 PM
I see a shift in Power!!!!!! Finally!!!!!Network Television is finally coming around!!!!

i will be glued...noon to 2 on t.day....
whether i enjoy it or not(though i will,tremendously!!) i will have it on to support Good Television Programming!!!!!!!! WOOF!!!!;) :)

ownerof3dogs
11-25-2002, 10:55 PM
I am going to watch it!! Thanks for letting us know about it. I hadn't seen any advertisments about it

Tina
11-26-2002, 09:52 AM
I'll probably be at my parents house at 2 P.M. so I'll just have to remember to tape it.

Dakota's Mommy
11-26-2002, 03:37 PM
Thanks for letting us know, I plan to watch! I'm just hoping that I remember that day. But again, thanks.

lizbud
11-28-2002, 06:47 PM
I'm glad I watched. It was a very good show. Did anyone
see a GSD in the show? I didn't, but may have missed it b/c
Moki kept wanting to go out & in for potty breaks. (Why can't
he do "everything" in one trip?:D Anyway it was great seeing
the best in breed complete in best in show.Did anybody see
the picture captured by the cameras of one dog fast asleep
in the lap of his person. She was stroking his head & he/she
was laying it's head on her chest fast asleep. It was soooo
cute.:)

ownerof3dogs
11-28-2002, 11:46 PM
I also watched. Lizbud I noticed that they were skipping alot of dogs. The GSD was one of them. I really wanted the Doberman to win. She was gorgeous!!!

Cincy'sMom
11-29-2002, 08:26 AM
I know getting show into 2 hours on Network TV takes alot, but they did skip a lot of popular breeds...like the GSD, Airedale, Border terrier, etc. But, hey we got dogs on Network...one small step!!
I was hopeing for either the Foxhound or the Dobie. Nothing against Poodles, but they win so often :)

Dixieland Dancer
11-29-2002, 09:18 AM
I watched! I always enjoy watching a dog show. It was just amazing that a network station did this so I wanted to make sure I watched so they will do it again. The standard poodle that won has 51 BOS (Best of show) titles. It is a magnificent animal and while I was routing for the sporting group, I had to agree with the judge that this dog was truly a magnificent representation of it's breed.

All the dogs were absolutely stunning.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-01-2002, 01:03 PM
Andrew, Drake, and I watched too! It was a great show!! The poodle that won was a magnificent doggy!