PDA

View Full Version : Dog Beach

manda99
11-25-2002, 10:04 AM
I took Smokey to Dog Beach the other day and let him off leash to play - I haven't seen him that happy since this summer when he got to frolick off leash on the beach in Michigan. He had such fun! He just ran around and sniffed and tried to steal tennis balls :rolleyes:
Everyone was very nice to him and it's a lot easier to tell someone he's full APBT when they are cooing over him cuz he's so cute. Hee hee.
He wasn't aggressive at all towards any dog and the 3 that showed aggression to him - he either just kinda backed away and looked or he walked away.
We're going back this morning - he's gonna be so excited again.
He still won't go in the ocean, though. Even with his playmates rushing in to get toys or just splash around. He would run in up to his ankles and then stop.
I kinda wish I was going to be here for the summer because maybe when it's HOT Smokey would go in.

Oh well - bye for now!
Off to the beach!

xoxo
Amanda & Smokey

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-25-2002, 10:49 AM
Sounds like fun!! Drake loves the beach. The first time he went, he tried drinking the water and didn't like the salt :D But he goes in and plays. Just give Smokey some time. You 'll have to drag him out once he gets in!

manda99
11-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Oh man today he had even more fun!
I have pictures but I need to scan them somehow... Very cute!

tatsxxx11
11-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Way to go Smokey!!:D We live at the beach and Cody and Star have the best time with all their doggie pals!! I'm sure with a little time you'll be doggie paddling away!!:) Pictures please!!

primabella
11-25-2002, 03:47 PM
awww...:D glad smokey had a good time..:) get those pics scanned! ;)

slleipnir
11-25-2002, 05:05 PM
Sounds like fun! The beaches here have a law that dogs HAVE to be on a leash :[ I take mine to the beach at my cottage though, Jo loves it too :] Have fun today!

Cookiebaker
11-25-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by slleipnir
Sounds like fun! The beaches here have a law that dogs HAVE to be on a leash :[ I take mine to the beach at my cottage though, Jo loves it too :] Have fun today!

The laws in Maine are similar...what I do if there aren't many people around is to leave the leash on, but I don't necessarily CARRY the leash. :rolleyes: It's easier to catch Malone if he decides to dart away, and if there's trouble, then I will hold onto him. Otherwise I let him sniff & examine all the neat things to sniff.

RockyRoad
11-25-2002, 06:14 PM
Aww that is so great!! Glad Smokey is having lots of fun!! Lady cannot go to the beach because she will go after anyone/anything there. :rolleyes: I do not know if we have leash laws here lol. We never even tried. :) Hope you had tooons of fun Smokey!!:D

Tina
11-26-2002, 09:56 AM
Sounds like lots of fun!! Wish I could go to the beach with my dogs. Oh,well maybe next summer when hubby gets his vacation.

manda99
11-27-2002, 01:41 PM
This is a beach specifically for dogs to be off leash.
I don't think bringing a young child to a beach like that and leaving them unattended is a smart idea (sounds like you were unattended as the owner & your dad had to run to come get you).
If the dog was off leash in an area where he shouldn't have been then that is a different story.