PDA

View Full Version : Edwina's Dream

Edwina's Secretary
11-25-2002, 09:34 AM
Last night Edwina had a dream.....

She was at Broadlands, her ancestral home
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p0f0bb3981ce46f699a6973bd24d72ce6/fd5647f9.jpg

Sitting in the drawing room having a cup of tea
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/pad970f25898fdb6e536a80711f61ac96/fd10ff31.jpg

When suddenly it hit her.....Christmas is right around the corner!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p9f798592fc734b967edc832eb8c614c9/fd110094.jpg

I must go up to London town.....Quick! my hat...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid37/pe8fd308f7225750b6c87631c235cb72c/fd174753.jpg

and that's when she woke up.....

11-25-2002, 09:47 AM
Oh Edwina , are you getting ready for your X-mas Shopping ?!
Be sure not to forget your sweet mom and dad !!
Oh oh , you have quite a good (and expensive) taste : Harrods !!
Lovely hat , Edwina ! They will fill your basket with goodies there , you make such great publicity !!

tuxluvr
11-25-2002, 09:50 AM
From the Mountbatten Estate to grand old Londontown and Harrods! What else, from the classiest kitty around!

Where DID you get that hat!!! Too sweet.

zippy-kat
11-25-2002, 10:27 AM
Ohhh look at that hat!

Edwina darling, can you influence "Christmas Future" in your dreams? If so, please purr-suade K'Cee to leave the Christmas tree alone. It's not up yet, but will be soon.... :eek:

Randi
11-25-2002, 11:23 AM
Oh, Edwina, your're such a classy girl! ;) I love your new hat, you just look gorgeous! Now, when you go to Harrods to do your shopping, don't forget to go to Harvey Nichols and Fortnum & Mason, they have some real good stuff! ;) - I'll come along anytime! :D

gini
11-25-2002, 11:44 AM
Oh, let's all accompany Edwina on her shopping expedition. We can carry her packages for her.

What a wonderful advertisement she would make for Harrods!

My mouth waters when I think of Harrod's Food Court - wonderful things from all over the world!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2002, 01:11 PM
Ah, Edwina! Christmas shopping in London! I would love to go with you. I've always wanted to go to Herrod's. I have two teddy bears from there and would love to see it myself. Lots of my ancestors are from England too so we could have quite a time checking out the sites too. Alas, I don't have any stylish head gear to wear!:D

Logan
11-25-2002, 02:11 PM
Oh, Edwina, you are the epitomy of class, even in your dreams. What a beautiful girl you are!!!! :D

neko1
11-25-2002, 05:26 PM
Edwina darling, what was in your tea? Did someone spike it with catnip?:p

Miss Meow
11-25-2002, 07:19 PM
I can see Edwina one day hosting her own shopping on the TV shopping network. Edwina's millinery for the fasionable feline :D

gini
11-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Sara, I think Nicole is on to something..........Edwina on Home Shopping Network? Do you have any idea how many people shop online and on that site?

Think about how many cat owners there are out there.........who would love Edwina's Millinary Line?

Edwina's Secretary
11-26-2002, 09:16 AM
Well....I discussed the millinery idea with Edwina. At first she was very enthusiastic. Chatting away about what kind of bird feathers shw would need. She wondered if others would be interested in squirrel skin hats like the old Daniel Crocker coon skin ones. Unfortunately when I started talking about the work (a four letter word to Edwina) she feel asleep on me!

Oh well...It's a great idea!

(BTW the hat came from the Pet Show. Both Debbie (T&P's mom)and I knew it was a keeper the minute we laid eyes on it!)

sirocco
11-26-2002, 10:07 AM
I just love Edwina!! :) (It's also great seeing her again after my long absence!!) She is always stunning - tell her she wouldn´t need working, being there in front of the camera would just do the trick!! I think that comes naturally with her! :)

Nita

NoahsMommy
11-26-2002, 11:18 AM
Oh Edwina, what lovely dreams you have...you are my kind of girl. :)

Miss Meow
11-26-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
... Unfortunately when I started talking about the work (a four letter word to Edwina) she feel asleep on me!

Pssst, Edwina, most fashion magnates get mere humans to do the work. You save yourself for the TV interviews, magazine layouts and adulation on the CATwalk at your parades :)

Lillycat
11-27-2002, 01:35 AM
what a lovely dream....what a lovely teatime..what lovely pictures.. all that shopping reminds me i had best get on with mine.....i suppose all you people out there are finished already:rolleyes:

Vio&Juni
11-27-2002, 04:28 AM
Edwina is a beauty and she doesn't have to work, she has humans for that.
I liked very much the picture with the hat :)

tuxluvr
11-27-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Lillycat
what a lovely dream....what a lovely teatime..what lovely pictures.. all that shopping reminds me i had best get on with mine.....i suppose all you people out there are finished already:rolleyes:

On what planet? I never get started until after Thanksgiving

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2002, 12:36 PM
Oh Edwina Dah-ling! You look absolutely divine in your Harrod's hat!

(BTW the hat came from the Pet Show. Both Debbie (T&P's mom)and I knew it was a keeper the minute we laid eyes on it!)
And it seems we were quite right! :) And the green does look nice on her too - we were a bit worried that green wouldn't be Miss Edwina's best color, but it looks like she could pull off just about any color. ;) :)

And I agree with Gini that we should accompany Miss Edwina on her trip. What fun we would all have carrying her many packages...and hat boxes, I'm sure.! :)

All Creatures Great And Small
12-10-2002, 02:16 PM
I visited Harrod's with my sister once or twice, but I couldn't afford to buy anything there :o - well, actually I could have, but I don't like to spend money frivolously. I almost bought a fancy collar for my kitty, but talked myself out of it. In the end I think I left with some tacky tourist-type souvenirs from their "bargain basement" - LOL! It's a fun store to visit, even though I always feel uncomfortable in posh places - like I should apologize for even being in there with my low-income self :p :D ;) .

Edwina's Secretary
12-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Oh Debbie, I'm so glad you finally saw Edwina in her Harrod's hat. You were on your "sabbatical" when I posted it and I was so disappointed!

Oh Edwina Dah-ling! You look absolutely divine in your Harrod's hat!

Thanks so much!!!

And All Creatures....I used to feel that way in fancy-schmancy stores....now I just tell myself there is a giant C on my forehead and it stands for CUSTOMER!

so let's pack our bags and we're off.....(to help Edwina of course...)

Randi
12-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Lillycat
I suppose all you people out there are finished already :rolleyes: Not even started yet! :rolleyes: - But usually I am! ;)

Edwina darling, come on over to Europe and we'll have a blast in Harrods! ;)

moosmom
12-10-2002, 03:04 PM
Oh Miss Edwina, what a lovely chapeau! You must have a closet full of them. You look stunning!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2002, 03:58 PM
Oh Debbie, I'm so glad you finally saw Edwina in her Harrod's hat. You were on your "sabbatical" when I posted it and I was so disappointed!

Yeah, I had to take another one to see if I could make some serious inroads in the piles on my desk here at work. :rolleyes:
But I'm happy to report that the piles have diminished significantly (amazing how much work one can get done when one isn't hanging around discussing kitty kats ;) ) so I'm back again, and hopefully with my new laptop, I will be able to stay in touch even when on vacation....if I can just figure out how to get my cell phone modem to work more consistently and at a faster rate than 19.6 kbs! Talk about going back to the ice age of computers! :eek:

Yeeee doggy! Let's go! Not even two weeks back at work after my last vacation and I'm ready for another one! ;) :rolleyes: :D

Russian Blue
12-10-2002, 04:12 PM
That is too funny!

;)

tuxluvr
12-11-2002, 05:06 AM

And All Creatures....I used to feel that way in fancy-schmancy stores....now I just tell myself there is a giant C on my forehead and it stands for CUSTOMER!

AMEN!! Ritzy told me that any store that didn't want my patronage doesn't deserve it, either. The most important lesson I've learned in life (so far) is that just because someone treats you with disdain doesn't mean you have to believe them.

To Harrod's we go! I can't get Ritzy to wear a hat, she keeps telling me she's already dressed well enough to get all of us past the hoity-toity fashion police :cool: :rolleyes: