PDA

View Full Version : "Artika"

Nancy Anne
11-24-2002, 07:24 PM
Hi Everyone:

I'm new to this forum, wanted to introduce you to my newest acquisition "Artika". She's a female mix, Shih Tzu/Spaniel/Poodle with a personality to match!!!! Artika's 9 months old, inquisitive by nature, obedient but stuborn, adorable and vain, playful and just plain fun. Her first taste of snow came last weekend, between biting, leaping, jumping, growling and biting this newest nature blanket, she loved frolicking about. She's my protector, follows me everyone. On those days when you are suffering pain, she encourages me to rise and shine, greet the day with a friendly smile and walk off the pain. She's the best medicine a physician could order. My volunteer work with the Peterborough Humane Society in Ontario Canada, has offered me the opportunity to raise money to those who are really in need. At Xmas time we often forget those animals who will be placed in danger, abandoned, abused or seeking someone to love them.

I am so looking forward to hearing from all of you pet lovers.

Cookiebaker
11-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Hi Nancy Anne! A big welcome to Pet Talk, and to Artika as well. Thank you for sharing all about her...can't wait to hear more stories. Do you have pictures of her?? We would love to see pics. She sounds beautiful. I hope you enjoy it here! :D

mugsy
11-24-2002, 08:20 PM
Welcome Nancy Anne! With 18 rescue dogs of our own, my husband and I fully agree with your last statement. And as for dogs making you feel better...there is no better treatment!:)

KYS
11-24-2002, 08:36 PM
A very warm welcome Nancy Anne,
Glad you and Artika found this web site.
I agree our dogs are our best medicine.

primabella
11-24-2002, 08:47 PM
welcome to pet talk! :)
hope to see pics of your artika soon

Nancy Anne
11-24-2002, 09:44 PM
Hi Everyone:

Receiving your responses, included with photos of your babies, what could be better!!!! Planning to scan a few photos of artika for viewing here. I'm just as excited to share them with all of you, as you are to view them.

A little history on Artika which I would like to share. Artika was advertised by the breeder at a pet store. I had given considerable thought to either adopting a small dog or purchasing one, I opted for the latter. I contacted the number on the advertisement only to be informed the dog had been sold. The breeder was interested in obtaining a good home for the dog. Within 3 weeks, I received a telephone call from the breeder inquiring whether I was still interested in purchasing a dog. Would you believe fate stepped in, because "Artika" whom I wanted in the first place was sold to someone else, only later to come back to her rightful home. I couldn't have been happier. I have been doting over her ever since. As she is my protector I am hers. She so precious to me, there are no words to describe my love and adoration of her. I do believe she was met to be with me, through a miracle she came back to me. We have been partners in crime...LOL every since.

Rachel
11-25-2002, 07:34 AM
Sometimes it is just destiny that an animal and human are to be together. They will find one another, despite the obstacles or journeys they must travel. There are wonderful examples of that here at Pet Talk. This is also a good place to share the NAWTEEDAWG stories that simply must be told. It sounds as if Artika could be a source for at least one or two. ;)

Tina
11-25-2002, 09:04 AM
Hello and Welcome To Pet Talk!! Can't wait to see pictures of your precious dog Artika!!

Cincy'sMom
11-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Welcome to PT Nancy Anne and Arkita! I'm sure you will love it here!

i have 2 lab mixes, Cincy and Sadie

Crikit
11-25-2002, 09:53 PM
Hey Welcome to Pet talk. Can't wait to hear some more about Artika.

ownerof3dogs
11-25-2002, 10:45 PM
WElCOME TO PET TALK. I hope you like it here.:D

ellensy
11-26-2002, 09:29 AM
Welcome to PT! and Hi to Artika too. :D

Grandy
11-26-2002, 10:18 AM
Hi Nancy Anne & Artika.......WELCOME!!! :)

Amy

Nancy Anne
11-26-2002, 01:07 PM
Hi Everyone:

Thank you for all your warm introductions, especially your beautiful pets. The names selected are sweet, uniquely different and makes for interesting conversation.

Artika is resting by my feet. If I move from room to room, she's nipping at my heels, obviously craving attention. She's precious in every sense of the word.

I've scanned photos, but having difficulty putting them on this forum. If anyone could offer assistance, I've read the instructions for doing so here at the forum, but still having problems. Why can't life be more simpler...guess that's what makes having a pet so special, they have a way of making life easier to bare....LOL

Talk to you all again soon.

Rachel
12-02-2002, 07:35 PM
You might want to put your pictures in a photo album at www.imagestation.com and then you should be able to post them here like this http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/pa0390db07ede188a69f4ff20ffae00d3/fdc68d4b.jpg

Nancy Anne
12-02-2002, 08:28 PM
I so appreciate the information. My scanner is currently non-operational, so I will have to wait until I have it repaired.

Cookiebaker
12-02-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
You might want to put your pictures in a photo album at www.imagestation.com and then you should be able to post them here like this http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/pa0390db07ede188a69f4ff20ffae00d3/fdc68d4b.jpg

Rachel, that is the cutest picture!! All you hafta do is take off the .orig.jpg and we can see it. I don't think I have ever seen your pups before!

Nancy Anne
12-03-2002, 05:59 PM
Hi Everyone:

Uploaded a photo to link provided. Let's hope this works.

Cisco's Mom
12-03-2002, 06:26 PM
Hey, Nancy Ann. I'm new here to, but I have already met alot of nice people. I know that you will have a good time here at Pet Talk. You and your fur baby def. sound like a matched pair ! Give Artika a hug!:)

Nancy Anne
12-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. Still having difficulty uploading image of my baby, even though I followed instructions. Oh! well, keep trying is my motto.

Cookiebaker
12-04-2002, 06:43 AM
Hi Nancy Anne, I can't wait to see pictures of your fur baby! Once you have uploaded your pictures to imagestation:

1. right-click with your mouse over the picture you want to post on pettalk, and click on "properties".

2. Highlight and copy (control-c) the "address" which will always start with "http://www"

3. Come back into pet talk, and click on the "img" button in a new message window. Paste the address (control-v) and click OK.

Butta-bing-butta-bang you SHOULD have your picture! Hope this helps!!! If you have any questions, don't hestitate to ask!!