PDA

View Full Version : Am I weird?

Andie
11-24-2002, 04:16 PM
Ok ok I know I'm weird but anywayz....

Do your pets take a bath with you?

Mine (even Fluffy sometimes) always get in the shower with me.

Kfamr
11-24-2002, 04:28 PM
Somtimes, when i'm in a hurry or i really don't feel like giving Sim a bath then taking one myself, Sim comes in the shower with me.

moosmom
11-24-2002, 04:29 PM
No, you're not weird. MooShoo climbs in the tub with me when I'm soaking in it. I always make sure that it's not too hot for him.

Cincy'sMom
11-24-2002, 04:43 PM
Ralph showered with both of the girls today (one at a time) Sadie will jump in with me occasionally, but once I turn the shower on she usually loses interest.

The Cat Factory
11-24-2002, 04:54 PM
My Cats and my Dog hate the bathtub!

boscibo
11-24-2002, 05:26 PM
Hanna takes baths with me. (sorry no pictures ;) ). She will sit on the edge, sometimes she will step on me but she avoids getting totally wet. She fell in once when the tub was filling up. She will jump in the shower too, just at the end where the water isn't directly spraying.

I try and keep her out of the bathroom though, after she got up on the towel rack. I could just see the towels sliding and her either falling to the floor, or climbing up the wall and displacing the mirror we have above the towel rack and having the mirror crash to the floor.

aly
11-24-2002, 05:26 PM
My dogs and cat hate the bathtub too. Lolly was just kind enough last night while I was in the bath relaxing to come and puke on the floor in front of me and then leave :rolleyes:

Cataholic
11-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Yes, you are weird. No, my cats don't bathe with me. But, when I was watching my friend's Vizsla, she jumped in the shower with me everyday. Nice dirty prints on the tub, and rug...

Soledad
11-24-2002, 06:32 PM
Yes, I agree...you are weird. It seems like there are some boundary issues that need to be discussed. Creepy.

moosmom
11-24-2002, 07:49 PM
Hey, to each his own is what I say.

Cataholic
11-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Yes, you are weird. No, my cats don't bathe with me. But, when I was watching my friend's Vizsla, she jumped in the shower with me everyday. Nice dirty prints on the tub, and rug...

Lest I am misunderstood...I was trying to be funny, by saying...that you are weird...but, that doesn't have anything to do with your question..bad joke.

My cats just don't seem to love the water, though they do like the bathroom...I think they like the steam!!!!

mugsy
11-24-2002, 08:33 PM
My dogs would rather go to the vet and gets shots than get in the shower, with the lone exception of Max who likes to eat the Peppermint soap that we use from the health food store and will jump in to get that.

Aspen and Misty
11-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Yes 3 of our pets shower with us. Peaches the chameleon has her own plant in the shower that she sits on and loves the mist of water that she gets. Also (now don't scream or anything) occasionally my olderrats Melony and Hope shower with me. THey love water and they think they things that fall from the sky (drops of water) need to be attacked. :D Its so funny watching them pounce aorund trying to kill the evil water. They also like ot try and pull the drain off of the ground. It usually doesn't work, but o well. Chewy will pop his head in ever now and then to make sure I didn't dispear on him. LOL

O yea to answer your question about weither you are weird, Nope, Just a normal animal lover :D

Ash

ChrisH
11-25-2002, 01:47 PM
Bob doesn`t want to get in the bath just likes to eat the bubbles! He sits in the bathroom watching the bath fill then he stays there hoping I will give him some bubbles to eat... and I do!
I don`t know who is the weirder, Bob or me! :D

Oh I love those bubbles.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/pce4ed99997a01ed2b4d6eadc22290844/fd093042.jpg

Gotta get me some!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/pa4bc3bb5e1091b848519b3c1043b7235/fd09303f.jpg

Logan
11-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Butter, one of our cats, is very interested in the shower and bathtub, and has stuck his paw in when I am bathing, at times, but never has he jumped in with me. The others will not come near the bathroom when the shower or tub is turned on.

But to tell you the truth, I don't think there is anything weird about it. Many of my Golden Retriever friends have shared stories about their dogs jumping into the shower with them. They just love water, period!!!! One girl had the nerve to share a picture of herself in a bubble bath, with her female Golden, who jumped right in!! I thought it was cute, not weird. :) But I won't be bathing with Honey and Lilly anytime soon.

Logan

Chinadoll
11-25-2002, 02:33 PM
No more weirder than I. The ferts like to play in the shower...but only if they know they can get in and out at will. The kitties love water. As I fill the tub, Gigi will hop in to play with the water, but once it gets to the middle of her legs, she hops out.

All 3 kitties like to paw at the water in the tub and try to drink some(I don't let them once I've added soap or anything.) Bixby and Gigi like to walk on the rim of the tub..occasionaly they'll knock the other in...it's funny... but can hurt. Bixby freaked the first time Gigi knocked him into the tub and tried to claw his way out, I've got the scar on my shoulder to prove it.

RockyRoad
11-25-2002, 03:09 PM
Sally likes to lay on the laundry basket while I am taking a shower. But the thought of someone, even a dear pet, staring at your body is just scary:eek: . And plus, imagine shoving a German Shepherd(full grown) into a bathtub! Lady takes her baths outside and Sally takes her baths mostly anywhere cause she licks herself clean. And Floppsy, well, she does not even bathe. :D And no, you are not weird. You are a loving pet owner. ;)

ChrisH
11-25-2002, 04:48 PM
Floppsy & Popcornbird - What, bothered about a creature looking at you without clothes, I must admit that made me laugh a little. Then just a little while ago - strangely enough, while I was having a bath, with Bob looking on waiting for some bubbles - I remembered.
When I was about 14 or so we had a budgie named Henry, now Henry was a lovely little bird, used to chatter and sing all the time, but he did do this one thing.... at this time the only heating in the house was in the living room where Henry was, and when it was a bit chilly I dressed and undressed in there and I noticed that whatever Henry was doing as soon as he saw me begin to undress he would run to the end of the perch and stare! As soon as I was sure I wasn`t imagining it I told Mum, she didn`t believe me and had a good laugh until I proved it by showing her! She let me put his cover over the cage at those times after that. :)

NoahsMommy
11-25-2002, 05:32 PM
Um...I don't shower or bathe with my kitties...they HATE water too. But...Basil will jump into the tub after we shower in the morning and Noel is my bath time companion; she likes to sit on the toilet. (She too LOVES to eat bubbles from the bathtub)

It's gotten to where I have to shower and bathe with the door open because they claw at the carpet if it's closed. I don't think it has anything to do with me being naked or the water, they just like being with me.

I don't think its wierd to undress around an animal...maybe it was at first...Basil eyes get big when I have a bra in my hands (the straps look like a fun toy)... :rolleyes:

RockyRoad
11-25-2002, 05:50 PM
You know what? There is nobody weirder than I. I hate water. Just like a cat. My showers last about 5 minutes and I NEVER take baths. I do not swim in pools, lakes, or anything. I only drink water. Now tell me I am not weird. (Plus-on AOL I alphabetized my buddy list! How pathetic am I?)

When I say I never take baths I mean that I do take showers, just not baths. Ugh you have to sit in all that water!! :eek: :rolleyes:

HoRsELUvR
11-25-2002, 07:22 PM
when i was about 6 or so,my cat Reese sometimes came in the bath with me and she would walk around the rim,but wouldn't get wet.

All Creatures Great And Small
11-25-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89
(Plus-on AOL I alphabetized my buddy list! How pathetic am I?)

No more pathetic than me organizing my AOL favorites into categorized folders by theme, and THEN alphabetizing them;)
The actual term for this condition is "anal retentive", I believe, not pathetic:D :D :D

My RB girl kitty liked being in the bathroom with me, but not to look at me (probably would have caused blindness - I should only be viewed through a pinhole in a piece of cardboard, LOL). She liked to drink water from the hand-held shower, and then when I was done, she liked to lick the water off my legs and feet (which tickled HORRIBLY). I also had never bathed her, so she didn't associate water with anything scary. My boy kitty, on the other hand, has had so many traumatic baths from my daughter, that he will rarely come in the bathroom, and if he does come in and I pull back the curtain to say hi, he bolts from the room! (Then again - could be that blindness issue:D )

FLS - you wouldn't want to take a bath at my sister's house - my brother-in-law is so cheap and doesn't want to waste water that he takes a bath in HER bathwater after she's done! EEEEEWWWW!!!!:eek: :eek: (He's still remembering post-war England, I guess)

Cookiebaker
11-25-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
FLS - you wouldn't want to take a bath at my sister's house - my brother-in-law is so cheap and doesn't want to waste water that he takes a bath in HER bathwater after she's done! EEEEEWWWW!!!!:eek: :eek: (He's still remembering post-war England, I guess)

I hafta admit, that the mere thought of this is quite revolting for some reason. Uggggh!! (Maybe I'm just remembering too acutely those biology courses where we learned about bacteria. Uck!)

Twisterdog
11-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Well ... I personally would never take a bath with an animal, it just seems rather unsanitary to me. I like nice clean bath water ... no dog hair floating in it, thank you very much.

My son, however, being a boy and not really caring if he is clean or not, often takes a bath with his dog, Lucky. Lucky loves water and loves to play with all the bath toys and bubbles. She will stay in the tub with him for an hour, if I would let her.

aly
11-25-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Basil eyes get big when I have a bra in my hands (the straps look like a fun toy)... :rolleyes:

HEhe, whenever I have foster kittens, thats usually their favorite toy when I'm trying to get dressed!

NoahsMommy
11-27-2002, 12:16 PM
I don't think that animals have any concept of nakedness. Its US who feel this and project those feelings onto the animals. The birds/cats/dogs are watching because we are moving and doing something...they are intrigued, not little perverts.

Cookiebaker
11-27-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I don't think that animals have any concept of nakedness. Its US who feel this and project those feelings onto the animals. The birds/cats/dogs are watching because we are moving and doing something...they are intrigued, not little perverts.

Thank you, NoahsMommy, those are my sentiments exactly but didn't know how to word it. :D

RockyRoad
11-27-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

OMG! LOL! That is sooooo true! These little feathered friends of our's DO have a staring problem! LOL! I have never wanted to change in front of my birds cause.......as I mentioned......it gives me the creeps. But anyway, one day I went in my room to change and had no idea my brother left the birds on top of the moniter in my room. I didn't notice they were there until I was in the middle of changing when I heard the pittar patter of bird feet. I looked and OMG! Both of them had run to the edge of the moniter and were STARING!!! :o :o :o They made me SOOOOOOOO embarrassed! LOL! They were staring with the look in their eyes as if to say, "You shameless human, we have eyes too." :rolleyes: Ever since that day, I am always sure to CHECK the room I am changing in for any little feathered friend staring from the corner. :rolleyes: I don't know how so many of you bathe with your pets, especially with an animal as big as a dog. I would die from embarrassment! LOL!

Exactly!! Once my sister let the cat sit on the blankets on top of the laundry basket when she was taking a shower. Then she cleaned up and left. Then like an hour later I came in and turned on the water and undressed and then Sally was right there staring!

~I don't really think that they know what they're staring at. Maybe they are just thinking "poor thing, her fur came off" or something. :p ~

Andie
11-27-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird

I don't know how so many of you bathe with your pets, especially with an animal as big as a dog. I would die from embarrassment! LOL!

They are usually more interested in the shower doors than me. I have no idea what is so interesting on the shower doors (maybe it's the water droplets or the shadows or something) but they usually sit there and stare at the doors.

ChrisH
11-27-2002, 03:57 PM
I want to make it clear that I just told the story of Henry because I had read Popcorn and Floppys post and thought they were being oversensitive but then remembered that when I was a young girl I had also got embarassed too.
Floppsy, and especially Popcornbird, NoahsMommy has written, in a much better way than I could, what I should have added to my post.....

Thanks NoahsMommy..

Chris

Soledad
11-27-2002, 03:59 PM
I don't care if my cat's in the room with me while my husband and I change, but having an animal in the bath with you is rather unsanitary. I think it's icky.

But as far as nudity, etc. goes...I still won't allow Boo in the room during....*ahem*....marital moments.

RockyRoad
11-27-2002, 08:27 PM
I don't think that either. It's just the thought of having anyone stare at you just scares me, just as Popcornbird said. I'm not saying they honestly care, but picture how a cat would feel without fur. I just relate it to that because it is not like we will actually care because they are still our cats it just feels weird to them. OK?;)

mugsy
11-27-2002, 08:46 PM
This thread brings up an interesting point. How much do we project personification on our animals? I know I do it all the time. I say that they are feeling such and such an emotion that in all reality they probably don't feel. Our animals are in the bathroom all the time when we shower (they like the soap suds from the peppermint soap) and neither one of us take bathes. I detest being confined to a bathtub. Most people find it relaxing...I find bathes to be extrodinarily irritating! lol As far as showering with them, I don't see why it would be a problem, even though, like I said earlier, they would probably favor root canal to being in the shower/tub.

Soledad
11-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Oh, of course it's total anthropomorphisation. It's like they say...funerals aren't for the dead, they're for the living. Just like it's not for our animals welfare, but our own.

I still standby my statement that it's unsanitary to bathe with your animals.

RockyRoad
11-27-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
I detest being confined to a bathtub. Most people find it relaxing...I find bathes to be extrodinarily irritating! lol As far as showering with them, I don't see why it would be a problem, even though, like I said earlier, they would probably favor root canal to being in the shower/tub.

Same here! Except the water bothers me and not exactly the wash or relax part. Then I hate it how my hair gets all frizzy after it!! ;)

Nomilynn
11-27-2002, 11:36 PM
I get in the tub with Bassett when it's her bathtime. I have to because she won't let me bathe her otherwise. After her bath is done I have a shower and wash off any fur or dirt (she's indoor all the time though, and really isn't dirty). I don't think it's any more unsanitary than bathing with a boyfriend/husband - and it's probably MORE sanitary than a public pool!!! :D At least you know where your pet has been! :D :D