PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving stories

HoRsELUvR
11-24-2002, 02:50 PM
hey anyone have any interesting Thanksgiving stories?i do:when we go to my grandparents for Thanksgiving dinner,we used to have turkey and stuff.lately,we've been having Chinese food.yum,pass the turkey lo mein.:p

anna_66
11-24-2002, 02:56 PM
Well, mine is a wonderful story:D The women don't have to cook the Turkey anymore, Mark got a deep fryer a last year....so the men have been cooking the turkey!!!!!

Cincy'sMom
11-24-2002, 04:44 PM
All right Anna! Great plan!!! Ralph and I deep fried some Turkey legs in peanut oil last year and they turned out great!

All Creatures Great And Small
11-25-2002, 12:51 PM
This year my daughter's birthday falls right on Thanksgiving, and the year she was born, it was 2 days after - I was already 10 days overdue and I was hoping I wouldn't be in the hospital on Turkey Day! (Good thing I filled up on turkey, too, because they starved me in the hospital after my C-section :( )We always celebrated her birthday on Thanksgiving, because the whole family could get together that day. My mom's birthday is on the 20th, so we would celebrate that too. For years my daughter thought that everybody had turkey on their birthday:D . We also had birthday cake in addition to the pies.

Now, though, my in-laws have passed away, my sisters have moved away, and my daughter and husband will be gone hunting on Thanksgiving - just me and mom left, and she's kind of a hermit and doesn't like to leave her apartment, so I guess I won't bother making a turkey or anything. I'll just rest at home and store up my energy for the dreaded Day After at the store where I work :eek: !

NoahsMommy
11-25-2002, 05:36 PM
Let's see...in our family... the women will cook the meal and the men have to do the dishes...I'm all for that! :)

This year we are going to my husband's sister's house. It'll be fun, be she's kind of made the holiday all about HER and what she wants. I don't understand how come people can act like this during the holidays. :(

neko1
11-25-2002, 05:58 PM
I know what you mean about the day after thanksgiving being horrible where you work! Any day after a holiday is horrible when you work at an animal hospital!!! Sick animals galore!! People get really stupid around the holidays and forget that they still need to pet proof the house. How much you wanna bet that someone's dog will swallow a turkey bone or get sick off some pie!

HoRsELUvR
11-25-2002, 07:16 PM
I know what you mean about the day after thanksgiving being horrible where you work! Any day after a holiday is horrible when you work at an animal hospital!!! Sick animals galore!! People get really stupid around the holidays and forget that they still need to pet proof the house. How much you wanna bet that someone's dog will swallow a turkey bone or get sick off some pie!
ew,do people feed their pets cranberry sauce?poor things.