PDA

View Full Version : I Got It!! I Got It!!

CountryWolf07
11-24-2002, 01:59 PM
Got the job!!!!!!!!!! :) I start next week.. $6 an hour.. I will work Wed-Thurs (2:30pm til' 9pm) and Friday (2:30 til' 9pm) :) :) The people there are SO nice.. I'm so excited!!

mugsy
11-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Congrats!!! It sounds like fun! I can't wait to hear the funny stories.

primabella
11-24-2002, 02:20 PM
congrats! :D
6$ an hour? isn't that a little low? :rolleyes:

CountryWolf07
11-24-2002, 02:43 PM
$6 isn't that low.. it's actually the minimage wage around here.. I'll actually work for like 8 hours.. :) much longer than my first job which was one hour a week (which was pretty dumb.. ) I'll enjoy so much at this job, which is going to be a good thing!

ChrisH
11-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Congratulations! :) I am so very pleased for you. :)

(we can uncross our fingers and paws now! lol)

Karen
11-24-2002, 02:57 PM
Congratulations!

CountryWolf07
11-24-2002, 03:04 PM
LOL! Thanks :)

anna_66
11-24-2002, 03:04 PM
CONGRATS Rachel! You sound very excited! I really hope you enjoy it:D
(there wasn't a doubt in my mind that you wouldn't get the job;) )

primabella
11-24-2002, 03:59 PM
oh, well as long as its a good paying job...minimum wage here is 7$, so i was a lil' confused :o
good luck witht he job :)

moosmom
11-24-2002, 04:27 PM
CountryWolf07

Congratulations!!

Kfamr
11-24-2002, 04:42 PM
Congratulations Rach! I know you'll have fun, even though it is a "job"!

Cincy'sMom
11-24-2002, 04:50 PM
CONGRATS RACHEL!!! I hope you have fun with your new job...course working with dogs, how could it NOT be?

CountryWolf07
11-24-2002, 05:36 PM
Thanks you guys! Of course I know it's a job, but ah.. lol it can't be a job if it's around animals! ;)

Crikit
11-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Congrats Rachel, knew you could get it.

wolf_Q
11-25-2002, 02:25 AM
CONGRATS RACHEL! This is so cool! So are you just classified as a "Bath and Brusher" or are they going to get you started in actually grooming? I'm perfectly content to be just a bath and brusher for now, lol. I shave Reggie and Smokey, but I'm a little paranoid about shaving other people's dogs. I clip nails/clean ears/anal glads (lovely!) also.

I only get $6 an hour also. It's not much, but money is money to me. I work from 12-6 every week day. How many other groomers will you be working with? There's usually only one person with me until around 3 and then I'm alone the rest of the time. Clean, clean, clean is all I do past that lol. I dunno, I'm a loner, so I guess I kind of like having the place to myself.

I hope you are not blessed with *too* many psycho dogs. *Most* of the dogs we get are great, and then there are those few others....like the akita puppy..and that maltese.....lol I do enjoy having bite/scratch marks all over my arms! ha Actually, I have a nice long scratch from my eye clear down my cheek right now....'cept that came from my own little precious Nebo! :rolleyes:

One more question.....can you bring your dogs to work with you ever? I can bring mine if I'd like...not every day or anything, but I can if I feel like it. Nebo comes quite often, he's a very good boy. I haven't dared try it with Reggie or Smokey yet. Reggie would bark at E V E R Y B O D Y and drive me insane, and Smokey would also bark and pee all over while he's at it.

CountryWolf07
11-25-2002, 09:10 AM
Hey Amy -
Well, I haven't STARTED offically yet, hehe.. the lady will call me tomorrow to confirm everything. I think I'm the same as you, brushing, bathing, pretty much, I'm a beginner, so they'll help and train me.. I can't wait, though. LOL, when the lady (Pam is her name) told me about the stories.. they had a 175 lbs Newfoundland come in.. they had 7 puppies come in (welsh corgies!) to get groomed.. the people there are so friendly!!
I think there's 2 people who works there for now.. I'll know my hours for SURE by tomorrow, so I'll let you know. Ooh, they want me to use the computer too, they want to show me stuff, so I guess I'm gonna work on the computer too as well w/ the grooming job, etc.

I know, so far, I'd work on Wednesday (2:30-8 or 9pm), Thursday (same times), and on Friday (2:30 - 6pm).. and sometimes on weekends if they NEED me!! You haaaaave no idea how happy I have knowing that I got a job and that it INCLUDES animals! It's like the job I always have wanted, LOL!
You know what? I thought about your hilarious stories when I got there, LOL, when you got bit and stuff, haha. I think I'm allowed to bring my dogs along there, but, I'll ask to make sure :) It'd be cool to bring Anna in! But I know her - she's paraonoid in new places, but not Rosie. I think she'll be alright!!
Oh, at that place, it's pretty small!! When I walked in yesterday, there was a black lab, a real sweetie! They showed me around, it's a cool place! Even the lady told me about herself.. her name's Pam, and she has went to school in Oklahoma, and I thought "Cool! Garth was from there", haha.. I didn't mention anyting about it. :P

Oh, I told her that I drew animals, right? SO she was excited and asked me all about it, and so, I'm gonna bring in drawings to show to her.. hehe. So, I guess that's all I got to say for ya! Anythin' else you want to ask?? :D

Oh, how's Reggie, Smokey, and Nebo? Anna and Rosie are doin' fine.. Rosie is still having that problem with peeing in the house (AHH!! I'm still tryin' to figure out what's going on though..)
Alright - good news - I got $, so now I'm able to go out and buy things for you and Kayann for Christmas... I have 2 things for you and 2 things for Kayann.. :)

Ok, wow, this is the longest reply I've given you on PT I think!
Alright, I'll see you later! I have school today and tomorrow, and I'm off for the rest of the week! YES!! :D Maybe we can have one or two of those long nights of chattin', I miss those times! Haha. See ya later!

- Rachel

Tina
11-25-2002, 09:11 AM
Congrats!! Sounds like your job is going to be really fun!!

Around here minium wage is $5.15 but some places will start you out alittle higher. I know someone that got a job and they start you out at $10 an hour. So I guess it depends where you go.

Dakota's Mommy
11-25-2002, 09:13 AM
Well Congrats! Sounds like you will be very happy doing something exciting! Good luck and I hope you meet many, many, many more loving dogs!

CountryWolf07
11-25-2002, 09:17 AM
That's true, there are always different $ everywhere... and thanks you two :)

ramanth
11-25-2002, 09:20 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:)

Is this your first ever part time job?

wolflady
11-25-2002, 11:58 AM
Congrats Rachel! I am so very happy that you got the job and that you're excited about it! :) That's the best kind of job. I agree, a job with animals would be fabulous. Maybe someday for me! :o In the meantime, do let us know what it's like and how it goes!! We'd love to hear all the stories!;)
**hugs**
Karen

11-25-2002, 12:48 PM
gee , Rachel , CONGRATS from me too !! WAW , Your job sounds like a lot of fun : working with dogs !!:)http://w1.501.telia.com/~u50108667/waggingtail.gif http://w1.501.telia.com/~u50108667/waggingtail.gif

CountryWolf07
11-25-2002, 01:42 PM
Hey.. nope, it's my 2nd job.. my 1st job was the *WORST* I've EVER experienced!! I've told Amy all about it, I think.. my manager was a jerk.. I'd rather not talk about it, lol.. but this job, I'm definitely going to enjoy it :)

K9karen
11-25-2002, 02:50 PM
I've always been lucky but my attitude has always been, if you're NOT happy at your job and someone or something makes you sick, no amount of money is worh it. How exciting your job sounds!! Working with all them critters !!!! When I'm not with Cody and have to go to the vet to pick up food or whatever, I consider my self an official greeter!! :D ;) I know you'll just love it!!! Congrats!!!

tatsxxx11
11-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Congratulations Rachel1!!:) I know you're going to love it! Good luck and we want a "first day" report!!:D

CountryWolf07
11-25-2002, 03:31 PM
Hehe, y'all will hear my first report... pretty soon! :D

ellensy
11-25-2002, 09:09 PM
WoW congrats! i wish we have something like that here..

ownerof3dogs
11-25-2002, 10:58 PM
Congrats on your new job!!! sounds like alot of fun