PDA

View Full Version : Graham passed with flying colors!!!

AdoreMyDogs
07-25-2001, 09:02 PM
Do you mind if I boast? I sure hope not.

Graham had an audition for a canine performance group called "Rock & Roll K-9s" and he did a PERFECT job with the audition and we were accepted into the group tonight :) They do tons of shows each month and we get to choose which days and time slots we are able to participate in and sign our dogs up. I don't know if there are any Michigan people on the board, but if so, the shows going on now are held at the Novi Expo Center in Novi. If anyone wants info on our showtimes let me know and I'll give you the times that we will be on stage. You can see Graham and I preforming to cool oldies Rock & Roll music!

Yay, I am so excited! I do have stagefright so it will be a good opportunity for me to overcome fear of public performance :)

In case anyone did not read my previous post on the Rock & Roll K9 group, it's a fun group that preforms different things like relay races with obsticles similar to agility (jumps, a-frame, tunnels, tables) but the obsticles are not up to AKC standards...they are set low and decorated in a 1950's - 1960's style. They have high jump competitions, musical carpet (just like musical chairs except for squares of carpet instead of chairs, and as soon as the music stops, the owners have to be quick to put their dog in a down a square of carpet...the last dog left wins). They also have flyball, frisbee catching, and some other stuff to participate in.

Leslie & Graham <------EXCITED!!!

I'll let you know how it goes. Friday is my first show.

jackiesdaisy1935
07-25-2001, 09:27 PM
CONGRADULATIONS Leslie and Graham, wow that sounds like such fun. Too bad you don't perform out here in California I would love to see that, I think Graham deserves a few extra treats for that great accomplishment.
Jackie

Sudilar
07-25-2001, 11:04 PM
WOW!! I never heard of that. That sounds like so much fun!! Congratulations. Graham will be a star!(and we'll be able to say that "we knew him when")!! I wish we could see it. Have a great time!!

Daisy's Mom
07-26-2001, 12:55 AM
Congratulations Graham and Leslie! That sounds like so much fun! I wish I could come see you guys! Good luck on Friday. Tell us how it turns out. I am sure you'll both do great!

RachelJ
07-26-2001, 08:38 AM
Hi Graham, it's me, Hannah, the blond you met in Illinois. Of course you passed your audition, because you are a superstar :cool: in the making. And now everyone will get to see how handsome and talented you are. I am so proud to know you and I treasure the time we spent together; however, I know this means that you will meet many other pretty girls. :( I hope you and your mommie have lots of fun. Don't forget to flash them your famous smile. :D
signed Hannah http://plauder-smilies.de/love/yllove.gif

Logan
07-26-2001, 09:06 AM
Wow!! What a great honor, Graham and Leslie!! I hope you will have someone to take pictures, so we can see you dancing!! Congratulations!!!!!

Logan

Iditarodfan
07-26-2001, 10:54 AM
GRAHAM U WILL ALWAYS BE MY FAVORITE "LAUGHING" DOG! THAT WONDERFUL PICTURE OF YOU LAUGHING MAKES ME LAUGH ON HAPPY DAYS AND MORE IMPORTANTLY ON SAD DAYS. YOU AND LESLIE WILL PERFORM SUPREMELY JUST LIKE THE "SUPREMES". BOTH MOLLY G AND I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL. PLEASE, OH PLEASE, COME TO THE "DAM" STATE OF WASHINGTON AND PUT YOUR SHOW ON FOR US!!! OR WE MAY HAVE TO TRAVEL TO MICHIGAN. ROLL OVER BEATHOVEN HERE COMES GRAHAM! LOVE YOU! :) :) :)

CoraNewf
07-26-2001, 11:16 AM
Congratulations!!! That is soooooooooooooooooo exciting. There was a lady at last year's Newfoundland Nationals that did a dance demonstration with her Newf.

It was wonderful, and I cried happy tears through the whole thing. Dogs just evoke that deep emotion from within my soul....

Would love to see this sometime!

Annie

Tanya&Fritz
07-26-2001, 11:39 AM
How exciting! I wish I lived closer to you, I'd love to see the show. I'm about 10 hours away, driving. All you guys amaze me. Your dogs are so well trained. The best thing Hans does is give a paw and FRITZ STILL WON'T SIT :D :) :p

tatsxxx11
07-26-2001, 05:49 PM
Wow!!!!! Oh Leslie! I couldn't be happier for you and the beautiful Graham!!! That sounds like such fun! And I can relate to you on the stage fright issue too! :eek: I wish so badly you were closer so I could see you guys in action! I hope someone you know will take pics. for all of us to see! GO GRAHAM!!! That is so fantastic! You must be so proud! Give the winning boy a big hug and kiss! Sandra

Pam
07-26-2001, 06:38 PM
Go Graham!!! One of our special doggies is famous! Who knows where this will take you sweetie Graham...maybe your own talk show on Animal Planet! :) Wish I could see it too. Hope there will be pictures posted!

KYS
07-26-2001, 07:49 PM
Leslie

How exciting for you and Graham.
Congratulations, you both will
do fine. Have a great time on Friday. :)

AdoreMyDogs
07-26-2001, 09:31 PM
Thanks everyone...I am nervous/excited. I have 1 show on Friday after work, 2 on Saturday and 1 (sofar) on Sunday. My hubby can't go to the one on Friday but I will have my mom there taking pictures with MY NEW DIGITAL CAMERA!!! He will go to both of the Saturday shows and he'll also take pictures of us. KayAnn....I am actually going to USE my new camera :D ;) almost a full month after I got the camera I am using it for nearly the first time....and I'm not even going to be the one taking pictures :D Oh well, you'll hopefully get to see some of the really cute set they have with the '50's & '60's theme. Maybe some cute jump, tunnel, a-frame or musical rug pictures of Graham.

And as for the dancing....um I don't do that :) I am not much of a dancer so I won't be doing freestyle (becides Graham has never been trained for it) so you can count me out on the dancing part :) I'll leave that up the the coordiated folks :D I will do just about anything else except flyball, because Graham is not too ball driven and he has never learned flyball.

We may take a stab at the high jump, but he would not last too long before he hits his high jump limit. I will hopefully have pictures to show you all after this weekend :D

[ July 26, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

AdoreMyDogs
07-27-2001, 10:31 PM
Here's my super star in action :)
Here he is waiting in his cage for his turn to strut his cute stuff.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/036/CO/nj/RA/ev49364.jpg

A closer picture of his beautiful smile.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/030/Ur/gu/lp/el27825.jpg

Here his is going through the GrandPrix race. It's not a great picture, you can hardly see him, but if you look hard you can.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/cz/AA/eF/ed62004.jpg

And this is a picture of us getting ready to depart back stage, after we circled the arena and bid farewell to the audience.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/030/Ur/gu/lp/eE86025.jpg

Sudilar
07-27-2001, 11:36 PM
Leslie, it looks like you and Graham had a great time. Congratulations!!!! What fun!

Iditarodfan
07-27-2001, 11:49 PM
LESLIE AND GRAHAM: I STILL SAY ALL GRAHAM HAS TO DO IS SMILE. :) IT LOOKS LIKE YOU BOTH HAD A REALLY FUN TIME. THANKS FOR THE GREAT PICTURES. YOU TWO ARE JUST TOO, TOO, COOL. :cool:

Daisy's Mom
07-28-2001, 12:20 AM
You guys look like you had a blast! Did you enjoy it? I know Graham did, from that happy doggie smile he is wearing! Hey... in that last picture, are those Bassets or beagles I see in the lower right hand corner?

AdoreMyDogs
07-28-2001, 01:23 AM
I knew those hounds would stir some interest in you and ilovehounds :) They were beagles and they were really cute. The little tiny one was a papillion (but it looked more like a long hair chiuahua (sp?). It was a blast and I can't wait to do it again tomorrow. Tonight I had just one show, tomorrow I have 2 :) And Sunday morning I have Graham's first agility match, and then we have another show in the evening. It's a full weekend!

Pam
07-28-2001, 07:42 AM
Leslie...It really looks like you had a fun time. What a wonderful experience for you both. Thanks for sharing the pictures and I hope there will be more to come!

tatsxxx11
07-28-2001, 05:18 PM
Leslie, that's so fantastic! Graham,(and you, of course!!) are STARS!!! That Graham has some smile! I'm sure he woooed the crowd. The pictures are great. And it soundd like you really have a full weekend! :eek: Big high fives to the Super Duper Canine Star GRAHAM!!!!

Love, Sandra

jackiesdaisy1935
07-28-2001, 08:09 PM
Leslie, that looked like so much fun, I love the pictures, wish they would have something like that around here to see.
Graham does have that smile, he is a true SUPER STAR.
Jackie

Rottie
07-28-2001, 08:21 PM
Congratulations Graham! What a big brag!!! I wish I lived closer, I would love to come see him!!! :)

AdoreMyDogs
07-28-2001, 10:50 PM
Who wants to see more pictures of the super star Graham? If you want to see more pictures, here they come. We had 2 shows today. We spent nearly 5 hours at the Novi Expo Center where they have the show. It was a long (but really fun) day. And guess what? The world record holder for high jumping is a belgiun malanois (sp?) named Cajun who was featured in a recent Dog Fancy magazine was there tonight with her handler! It was amazing, absolutely amazing to see Cajun fly over those high jumps!

Here is Cajun flying...and it's a bit hard to see, but the jump height was 48 inches!
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/Th/sI/aK/9P43900.jpg

And here are a couple pictures of Cajun jumping an amazing 52 inches!
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/q0/aI/bC/9O71105.jpg
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/Oe/ZG/P8/9Q43826.jpg

Here are some cute pics of Graham from the shows tonight.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/gH/Kq/Od/aA95598.jpg

Graham on the pause table
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/8P/4Q/VE/aB11522.jpg

Here is Graham on the high jump competition. He jumped 36 inches here, but by the time he got up to 40 inches we ran out of disk space on the camera.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/q0/aI/bC/aJ59317.jpg

Pausing for a photo opportunity.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/032/DN/Dg/mt/au51894.jpg

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: AdoreMyDogs ]

Sudilar
07-28-2001, 11:21 PM
WOW! That is absolutely unbelieveable!!!! Fantastic. My little tub-butt (Shiloh) is lucky to jump 18in.!! LOL

I'm glad you and Graham had more fun today!! Graham is a star! :) He is so cute. You can see by the look on his face that he was really having fun!

[ July 29, 2001: Message edited by: Sudilar ]

AdoreMyDogs
07-29-2001, 12:18 AM
I can honestly say that I don't think Graham has ever had more fun in his life then he had tonight. The entire day was a game and I was amazed at his speed during the Grand Prix races. It was a complete success. It was incredibly fun for both Graham, my hubby, and me :D

tatsxxx11
07-29-2001, 08:51 AM
Oh Leslie!!!!!!!!!!!! Logan will get a kick out of this. But, seeing these magnificent beings in all of their natual glory and splendor, working, "doing their thing," gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe how high Cajun could jump! And Graham was right their behind him! That last pic. of Graham just did me in. HOW PROUD you must be. And you should be very proud of yourself as well!!!! What an accomplishment. And best of all, Graham is having the time of his life! Give the beautiful Graham boy the biggest hug in the world and sloppiest kiss on his precious face!!!! Thanks so muc for the pictues!!

*SimButtTwo4U*
07-29-2001, 10:47 PM
Graham, My Baby! ( Leslie i forgot to tell you that im going to adopt him now, im in love, i adopted Angel's 3 girlies too!)
Im so happy for you Graham, I cant believe i didnt see this post earlier!!!!!

Graham, I love You baby! You have good looks, a great smile, and are sooo sooo sooo sweet, and you also do things Simba WILL NOT do (agility and stuff that deal with running and jumping and nto being lazy!) Graham tell that mommy of your to come down to Florida! I dont know if i wpould let you go back with her to MI though.