PDA

View Full Version : Ball

Breezybabe01
10-24-2000, 05:32 PM
My dog Breezy, loves to play ball. Everytime I set foot outside, she goes straight for the ball and wants me to either chase her or throw her ball for her. She also likes to play frisbee, and when she gets her frisbee or her ball, watch out! Theres no stopping her now! It is so cute to watch her!

Sudilar
10-24-2000, 09:10 PM
My GSD Shiloh does the same thing. Everytime I open the door to the backyard, she grabs her ball or frisbee to take out!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif
Su

teena
10-25-2000, 08:17 AM
My aussie, Annie, carries her tennis ball with her EVERYWHERE. You just never know where or when a good game of fetch will break out.

KYS
10-25-2000, 08:42 AM
I had a dog that if I through the ball
a thousand times she would bring it
back each time for more. She wore me out.
She did the same thing with the frizbee.
(great obedient dog)

The dogs I now have will fetch the ball
possibly 3 tosses than after that
they want to keep it. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

karen israel
10-25-2000, 01:40 PM
Yep, Cody's the same..2 tennis balls in his mouth at all times-you have to watch where you walk-will let you throw them maybe 3 times and then they are HIS! Don't know how he does it but he lays down with one ball on either side of his cheek. So cute! When he was very young we played "puppy in the middle" and he LOVED IT. Most of the time he outsmarted us and always got the ball!!! Also he loves his loud double squeaker toys and he even plays with them in the middle of the night!

Mayissa
11-05-2000, 04:49 AM
My black shepherd is obsessed with his ball. He immediately fetches the ball when I go outside. We play & then when I go inside, he looks at me through the screen door and the ball drops to the ground. Its cute to watch because the ball was a bell in it and when it drops it "DINGS".

teena
11-06-2000, 09:30 AM
This weekend, hubby & I took Max & Annie to the park for a rousing game of b-a-l-l. Annie will play until she's ready to die. Anyway, I threw the ball for her and she came back panting. I looked at her tongue and she had blood coming out of her mouth. On closer inspection, she had bit her tongue so bad, she put a hole completely through the end of it, and had another hole towards the back. Was already starting to bruise. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif She still wanted to keep playing, but we took her home and gave her 1/2 of an aspirin. She seems to be ok, eating, etc. Hubby joked that we should put an earring through it. Yikes!

karen israel
11-06-2000, 10:56 AM
Teena...Grudge dog..seriously,, hope she's ok

dogncatluvr
11-06-2000, 12:26 PM
Teena,

Asperin thins the blood and could have caused more bleeding, at least it does in humans, I guess it would in dogs too. Just thought I'd mention this in case it should ever happen again. I really hope not for you!

karen israel
11-06-2000, 01:33 PM
My vet says that "Ascripton" is ok.. it's aspirin coated with Maalox anti-acid to avoid stomach upset. It comes in regular dose of 325mg or extra strength 550mg. Tylonel gave Cody an upset stomach. Vet never said a word about blood thinning. THANKS! for bring that up I'm going to call and ask. I forgot this ball incident til now..During ths summer, during a walk, Cody suddenly went under a neighbors front bushes. To make matters worse, they were sitting outside, He emerged with 2 tennis balls that their kids had thrown there! Getting them away from him was impossible, but the sweet neighbors just laughed. I offered to replace the 2 balls but they gave me 2 more to take home. Like giving kids extra cookies at grandmas!

lhg0962
11-06-2000, 03:02 PM
I have a terrible time isolating one dog at a time to play Ball! Both of mine are so anxious to please me. Lilly usually gets to the ball first, then Honey will grab her by the tail until she drops it. Then Honey brings me the ball like she is the best retreiver!!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif It is almost impossible to get one to stay in while the other one goes outside to play. They are so competitive! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

dogncatluvr
11-06-2000, 05:49 PM
Karen,

I give my older Lab coated aspirin too, on really bad days, when she needs it for her arthritis (on top of her glucosamine). I was just saying that asperin thins the blood, and since the dog had bitten her tongue and it was bleeding, it could have bled more.
Tylenol (acetomenophen) is not good for dogs at all! Beware.

Raz_Taz_88
11-08-2000, 07:54 PM
Daisy Does the same. She gets the ball and stops half way like i'm not doing all the work.

karen israel
11-09-2000, 09:06 AM
Happy..oh! Of course you're right about the aspirin, it does the same in humans! I didn't put 2 n 2 together with the bleeding mouth at the time. Just about the tummy upset. One of the BEST times I ever had with fetch was in Calif...can't remember the name of the beach but went there by accident and it was a dog beach, so naturally I spent 3 hrs playing with other people's dogs! Owners were thanking me for dog sitting! The brother/sister GR's would not stop! I must have thrown the ball into the ocean a thousand times! They would both go after it, but the female stopped short of the surf but the male kept his eye on the ball and the waves and jumped in every time. Even as I walked around, he found me every time and handed me the ball. Found a real sucker! I had never been to a dog beach so I was just in my glory. Made me miss Cody more, altho he's not exactly a great "ball dropper"!