PDA

View Full Version : ***Introducing two new PetTalk furbabies***

Miss Meow
11-24-2002, 01:23 AM
We picked them up yesterday and they are the dearest little cats :)

Mini and Jasmine are OK about the 'intruders.' Mini has only hissed a couple of times and is being pretty good. Jasmine is hissing a lot but going no further. They'll be fine :)

This is Pickles (OK, the name doesn't do him justice!) or 'El Diablo' as he is already developing into a cheeky little boy. He is a lilac Burmese boy and is four-and-a-half months old. In one of the more bizarre stories I've heard lately, a breeder bought him and some other kittens from his litter but had him desexed to restrict the number of kittens from that bloodline. But that's not all; she then returned him to the place of purchase as she didn't want him any more. Can you spell p-s-y-c-h-o??? :(

He is so beautiful, a creamy, buttery colour now which will develop. It's like Mother Nature hand-made a pair of silky pyjamas from top to toe for him. He's already at home and scratching furniture, scoffing all the food and dominating hooman lap space :)

Hope you like him.

Warming daddy's lap
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/pe08e34fab4c4393242deeba0b06ad223/fd0345a1.jpg

Working out that one does not descend a tall bookcase head first ...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/p8e8caf7e4e78840863a9039364b31b66/fd0345a3.jpg

Brushing up on his language skills
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/pdb22a2d227477b53d47dabb368093e7d/fd0345a2.jpg

Golden eyes which will no doubt mesmerise us into doing whatever he wants :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/pf1e9d242ccc8fbf6f06489cb1d416a18/fd03459f.jpg

Snoozing on daddy's jumper
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/p492a2ae35ee0ab9b5732a8c9fa2d7eff/fd03459c.jpg

Miss Meow
11-24-2002, 01:44 AM
And this is Tabasco (named after my favourite chilli sauce :))

He's a 10-week-old seal point Siamese. He's from the litter I mentioned in Cat Rescue who didn't eat at birth and nearly died :( All four boy kittens needed homes so we brought this little one home. He's smaller than Pickles and Mini and Jasmine so he's a little intimidated. He only just came out of hiding today and has bonded really well with Shane (he must associate me with being taken from his family). We played some games with pipecleaners and he seems to like me now :) He's very vocal and will hopefully be a true, talkative Siamese!

I'm little but I'm tough!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/pdda1b2d10f7d428d80ba08861b46a744/fd0345a0.jpg

He hasn't quite grown into his ears yet
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/p8f3eff94da0aa6e0780e2f271e04655b/fd034597.jpg

Playing with his bug. He's quite hyper now that he's decided to come out of hiding
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/pc741b24eb1d462f9d06cb5f2ccbaaff5/fd03459b.jpg

Gotcha!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/pe4f57f131b74e559f4609890f052020b/fd03459a.jpg

He looks like a little alien with those eyes and bat ears
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid40/pacc32f5e9fde805c03bbc0424cb05c89/fd034599.jpg

koxka
11-24-2002, 02:27 AM
NicoleCONGRATULATIONS!!! They both are soooo beautiful and hugable. Kitties are the best in the Whole Wide World :p

It seems that you always have the kitties in "pairs". Don't you?:cool:

The Lilac looks quite big for his age.
But I have a soft spot for Siamese. They are soo good tempered, and sweet.

Give them a big hug and a lot of kisses from the Antipodes.

OK,now, I'm ready to send you my X-cards, I was just waiting for "The the Annunciation":D

ChrisH
11-24-2002, 05:05 AM
They are just gorgeous :) but you already know that! LOL
Congratulations.

Barbara
11-24-2002, 05:25 AM
Very sweet, both. Pickles looks very tender and cuddly. Tabasco reminds me of Filou in his movements. Never a dull moment the next months!
(I was always very reasonable and thought 2 cats are just fine for 2 people. But if I look at all these babies....)

sasvermont
11-24-2002, 05:41 AM
My gosh, I want a ktten again. I think. These guys are so darn cute and impish! If you need a baby sitter, let me know.

Welcome to Pet Talk little guys!

:)

jenluckenbach
11-24-2002, 06:12 AM
They are so great! Pickles is such a different and wonderful color. You seem to have a Daddy's boy there ! (or is that the plan-get him hooked then steal kitty back for yourself? Works for me!)
Tabasco is sure an interesting choice of names? But then again, I am sure that he is "hot stuff"!

Cataholic
11-24-2002, 07:28 AM
Nicole- they are soooo adorable! Now, though, you have a lopsided family. Three meezers and one 'normie'...think maybe you and Shane could get two more to even it all out?

I love the names...hot and spicy and always getting himself into a pickle! May they live up to both of them..he he he.

Congratualtions on your newest arrivals.

Vermontcat
11-24-2002, 08:45 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MISS MEOW!
I love your new kittens! They are both so cute! I love the seal point coloring.
Could you remind us what Mini and Jasmine are, is Mini a seal-point Siamese and Jasmine a Tonkinese?
The Tonkinese is a darker coloring and a different oriental breed right?

More photos please! I hope you can eventually get one of all 4 of the cats together!:D

neko1
11-24-2002, 08:53 AM
what cute kitties! I love the last pic of Pickles sleeping! And Tobasco reminds me of an abyssinian with those big ears!

11-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh , they are GORGEOUS !!!!!

Congrats to you , Nicole !!! What great news !!!

lailamara
11-24-2002, 09:04 AM
They are too cute !!! notice you carpeted the side of your book-case. Brilliant!! Love that pic too. Barbara, my husband also insits on the one cat per lap rule. Hmm, my parents will be coming to stay with us, so then that means we can get two more cats, yes!!!!:D

Tina
11-24-2002, 09:14 AM
Congrats!! Both of them are very gorgeous!!

Lillycat
11-24-2002, 09:16 AM
miss meow....they are beautiful......and i just loved the pictures....

Edwina's Secretary
11-24-2002, 02:05 PM
A literary kitty and a big earred kitty -- what a pair!!(Not to mention how in AWE I am that with everything else you have going on you have time to open your house and hearts to tow more kitties!)

Congratulations on the new additions!

Uabassoon
11-24-2002, 02:27 PM
All i have to say is gimme gimme gimme!!! I want them!!! THey are both so cute. And I'm in love with the baby mezzer, makes me want another.

HoRsELUvR
11-24-2002, 02:42 PM
congratulations!they're adorable

Miss Meow
11-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Thank you everybody :)

VermontCat, Mini and Tabasco are seal point Siamese, Pickles is Burmese and Jasmine is Tonkinese. The Tonkinese breed is half Siamese, half Burmese and I think the Burmese has origins in the Siamese as well. Confused yet?!

Lailamara, Shane placed a pad of foam fastened carpet up that bookcase so the cats could have a high perch. They love it! Visitors think we're weird, but that's OK, the cats sit up there and stare down at them :)

Baby Tabasco is coming out of his shell. He's been playing all morning and demanding attention - yay!

moosmom
11-24-2002, 07:53 PM
Congratulations on your two new babies. They are precious!!!

Felicia's Mom
11-24-2002, 08:42 PM
They are both adorable. Congratulations!

shais_mom
11-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Congratulations!! They are sooooo cute!!!
I bet they are love bugs!!

kimlovescats
11-24-2002, 10:50 PM
They are purrfectly adorable.... will fit right in with your beautiful bunch!!! Congratulations!

krazyaboutkatz
11-24-2002, 11:46 PM
Congrats Nicole!!!:D They are adorable. I'm sure that all 4 cats will get along in no time. :) More pics please when you can. :)

Chinadoll
11-25-2002, 12:25 AM
Awwww! They're both beautiful!!! Love the name Tabasco.

*sigh* I went out and bought some cute expensive cat toys because I thought they were cool for the kitties stockings for Christmas...Looking at your pics, I should have just bought a box of pipe cleaners...knowing my little kitties, they'd like that better!

lynnestankard
11-25-2002, 07:53 AM
OH! OH! OH! Complete CUTENESS overload!

I;m soooo jealous Nicole those sweetie-pie furbabys are just so adorable - love them both to bits. Tabasco - [my favourite - a Meezer] is so sweet hope he's settling well and talking up a storm - so funny when they realise the CAN!! Pickles is such a sweetheart - how can anyone be so cruel and treat him like that - it beggars belief. He looks so at home with Shane - great!

Wish both your new babies long and happy lives {{{{Hugs}}}}

Lynne

Vio&Juni
11-25-2002, 09:08 AM
What a WONDERFUL addition to your furfamily!
I am so glad for you and them too. They are both so sweet and soooo beautiful. I hope Jasmine will get used to them and she'll love them as she loves Mini.

Tabasco looks a lot like Mini when he was younger.

2kitties
11-25-2002, 09:24 AM
They are BEAUTIFUL! Both of them have lovely eyes. And I completely agree with the silky pajamas. Gorgeous. Congratulations.

NoahsMommy
12-02-2002, 04:09 PM
OK! I found the thread! :)

They are soooooooooooooooooooo cute! I love baby Tabasco's eyes and ears, they remind me of Basie! :)

And Pickles sure is an acrobatic little guy!

So cute!!! I'm glad they are getting along so far with the others...anything new?

momoffuzzyfaces
12-02-2002, 04:54 PM
What beautiful babies!!! I love them both. Thanks for sharing their pictures!!!:D

AmberLee
12-03-2002, 01:43 AM
Oooh, oh, oh, oh, oh!!! What precious new darlings you've brought here to Pet Talk! What a thrill!

ramanth
12-03-2002, 09:08 AM
What an adorable pair!

Yours is the house to get some Meezer lovin'. :D

catmandu
12-03-2002, 09:40 AM
:D :D What great looking cats!:D :D And how wonderful that these little angels have someone so nice to be thier Guardians after their rough start in life.:cool: Psycho is right what a shame so many breeders have no regards for the animals that they make thier money from.All the best to El Diablo and Tobasco from the [email protected]

moosmom
12-03-2002, 07:09 PM
Don't worry about growing into their ears. I'm STILL waiting for MooShoo to grow into his. But I know that'll never happen since that's what his breed is all about (Sphynx). I do, however, get great tv reception when he sits on the tv :D.

kohala
12-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Sounds like our table!!! From now on I'll get the giggles when Dadcat puts his favorite tabasco on everything!!! They are soooooo darn cute!! What a happy household you guys have; no wonder your faces are so radiant on your Christmas Card!!!

Miss Meow
12-04-2002, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by kohala
Sounds like our table!!! From now on I'll get the giggles when Dadcat puts his favorite tabasco on everything!!!

And you thought I was talking about Bruce's favourite pre-dinner snack!!! :D

He he Moosmom, must get the little guy to sit on the TV during Bold and the Beautiful!

Jasmine is still not a happy cat when the new boys are around. BUT, it was freezing cold today and when we got home, only the big cat bed had a warm spot. I think all four were tucked up together for their afternoon nap but Jasmine is too proud to tell us :)

lynnestankard
12-04-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow

............Jasmine is still not a happy cat when the new boys are around. BUT, it was freezing cold today and when we got home, only the big cat bed had a warm spot. I think all four were tucked up together for their afternoon nap but Jasmine is too proud to tell us :)

LOL! Nicole - can you just imagine it - 'Quick Mum's home - throw those furbabies outta the bed'!! ROTFL. :D

Lynne

Vio&Juni
12-04-2002, 07:00 AM

Jasmine is still not a happy cat when the new boys are around. BUT, it was freezing cold today and when we got home, only the big cat bed had a warm spot. I think all four were tucked up together for their afternoon nap but Jasmine is too proud to tell us :)
Hehehe, poor Jasmine, she has to accept it, but too brag about it? it's too much, I guess :)

kohala
12-04-2002, 08:03 AM

I bet they cuddle all day then go to their separate places when you come home. Cats - They have to keep up that front, don't they? ;)