PDA

View Full Version : Hot Chocolate

COCatMama
11-24-2002, 12:20 AM
it's good stuff :) I am sipping a nice big mug of it, whipped cream on top is best, if you have any :D

ownerof3dogs
11-24-2002, 12:23 AM
Hot Chocolate is the best when it is cold out. And you HAVE to have wipped cream and marshmellows with it. Thats the best part. Sorry...I've got to go and make some now. Bye

luckies4me
11-24-2002, 12:54 AM
Ooh me too! I love that stuff. Have you had the mexican hot chocolate? It's so yummy!:D

The Cat Factory
11-24-2002, 03:24 AM
Mmmmmm I love Hot Chocolate!

Cookiebaker
11-24-2002, 06:06 AM
Guess I'm an odd-ball here...Hot Chocolate is in the "okay" category around here. It always gives me a stomach ache. I much prefer hot apple cider, or better yet flavored coffee! Now yer talkin'!! :D

Cincy'sMom
11-24-2002, 08:22 AM
We had a great surprise at work Friday...one of my friends gets up at 5 am with her husband although she doesn't have to be in til 8. Well, she saw all th snow, came in early and by the time I got there had a HUGE batth of her special "mochachino's" going...hot chocolate made with milk, add coffee and top with whip cream, cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles. Makes it worth going into work!

Cataholic
11-24-2002, 08:34 AM
Yummy. I need something right NOW! I think I will do the bare minimum and stroll on down to Starbucks for a quick little caffeine pick me up!

anna_66
11-24-2002, 08:34 AM
Wow! How nice Amy! Wish I could have been there, sounds yummy:D

HoRsELUvR
11-24-2002, 08:56 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmm.i love the swiss miss hot chocolate,the kind where you pour hot water on the powder.i like the mini marshmallow kind.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and Cookiebaker,i used to not really like hot chocolate either because we had the nasty kind.i love hot cider,too.

neko1
11-24-2002, 08:58 AM
ummm I love hot chocolate, apple cider, and flavored coffee!! I have all 3 in my house so I'll drink whatever I'm in the mood for that day. but hot chocolate is the best out of all 3!

11-24-2002, 09:06 AM
Yummie .... hot chocolate with whipped cream ..................
I want some !!!!!! (we are out of whipped cream :eek: :mad: )

All Creatures Great And Small
11-24-2002, 10:31 AM
I only like the kind made from scratch, with Hershey's cocoa powder - the recipe is on the side of the can (but then again, I like ANYTHING made with Hershey's cocoa;) :p ) My mom used to make that when we came in from a day out in the snow. Now I only make it when we get a big blizzard and spend the day shoveling and snowblowing - no fun for us grownups anymore:(
Oh yeah, and if you stir it with a peppermint stick - YUM!

shais_mom
11-24-2002, 10:58 AM
I like the flavored hot chocolates and the cappaciono coffee's. mmmm
We have a gas station about 10 min from the doggie park and they have a little coffee shop in their and they have yummy stuff!!
But I am not a big plain hot choc person.
When we were up in Michigan for my birthday, we went out to breakfast at the cafe' and the waiter asked us what we wanted to drink and my mom said "2 hot chocolates" I just looked at her like she nuts. I was going to be 27 the next day and don't need my mom ordering for me!!! :)
My dad says " do you want the creme brule' coffee" and I said "yes" my mom is like " ok I won't order for you again" I was like "bingo!!" :D

mugsy
11-24-2002, 11:04 AM
I like hot chocolate too. Call me weird, but I like it with a piece of buttered toast.

I like lattes too!!

luckies4me
11-24-2002, 01:19 PM
Swiss Miss Hot cocoa with two pieces of cinnamon toast, what I am making right now!
:D

Uabassoon
11-24-2002, 01:52 PM
I love hot chocolate. I haven't made any this year yet, it hasn't been cold enough. But I think next time I go to the store I'll buy some stuff to make hot chocolate.

koxka
11-24-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
I like hot chocolate too. Call me weird, but I like it with a piece of buttered toast.

I like lattes too!!

...No...butter the toast while is still warm,powder crystal suger all over it, let melt the butter and soack in the hot chocolat.... Yum!

Hot chocolat is for Sunday Mornings around here when you don't have to hurry up to somewhere. Usuallly with croissants, "ensaimades" or "melindros" (kind of very soft little cakes)

What are "lattes"?

Edwina's Secretary
11-24-2002, 06:50 PM
I don't drink coffee (just don't like the taste very much!) so if it is too cold I have a hot chocolate instead of my diet pepsi! I love how in France you can get hot chocolate for breakfast instead of coffee and nobody looks at you like you're nuts!

wolf_Q
11-25-2002, 01:20 AM
Mmm...good stuff....I often frequent the local gas stations in the winter just cuz I need some hot chocolate....I always put tons of the vanilla creamer in it too, that's good.

Actually, the BEST hot chocolate is Stevens sipping hot cocoa. It's gormet stuff, and there's unique flavors like white chocolate, mint truffle, orange, raspberry, etc. I think it's made in Utah though, so I'm not sure if it's sold other places......sooooo GOOD though!

mugsy
11-25-2002, 02:07 AM
koxka, lattes are espresso with lots of frothy milk and usually a flavor of some sort.

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-25-2002, 06:20 AM
I do not like coffee and not so crazy about hot chocolate. I do love tea and have at least a cup a day. In the winter I sometimes have 2 or 3! My favorite is Chai Tea Lattes and Creme Brule' Black Tea Lattes! Yummy!!

sasvermont
11-25-2002, 07:59 AM
Hot chocolate is good - great and I have to be careful not to O.D. on it.

We have a client that gives us tons of chocolate - thank goodness they don't pay their bills with product!

COCatMama
11-25-2002, 08:36 AM
i like the carnation hot chocolate powder packets, i got a biiiiig box of em. I don't drink coffee so it's a tasty alternative :D. FYI, don't bother with the sugarfree hot chocolate powder (with artificial sweetners) horrid stuff!!! ewwww

NoahsMommy
11-25-2002, 12:12 PM
How funny! I'm sitting here drinking my morning hot chocolate and found this thread! I keep a box of the packets in my desk drawer. Right now I'm drinking Nestle S'mores Hot Chocolate...yummy!

We also have coffee machines in the hallways at work...around 2:00 pm I do a "hot chocolate run" and get it for myself and another co-worker. This is almost everyday! :)

Pam
11-25-2002, 08:49 PM
Coffee is the preferred hot drink for me, but after a morning of shoveling snow there is nothing like a cup of hot chocolate. It's like a special treat for a big job well done. I can remember many snowy days coming inside with the kids and sipping hot chocolate while our fingers and toes thawed out. :)