PDA

View Full Version : Hide and seek

Elizabeth
10-14-2000, 07:14 PM
My husky, Zeus, likes to play hide and seek. When my husband and I come home from work, one of us will hide, and the other will say to Zeus, "go get him/her", and Zeus proceeds to go through the house looking for us! It is really really fun. It's getting to be more of a challenge for us because we're running out of hiding places!

RachelJ
10-19-2000, 06:53 AM
My Hannah likes to play Find the Kong. We make her sit and stay in the bedroom while we hide the kong in the family room. When we say okay, she comes to look for it. Of course it is always at a level where she can get to it but not necessarily in plain sight. She just keeps looking until she finds it. It's a stitch to watch. Sometimes we use "warm, warm" when she's getting close, but I don't think she pays much attention to that, I think mostly she uses her sense of smell to locate it.

KYS
10-19-2000, 08:11 AM
I use to play hide and seek with my
past dogs. My current dogs (accept one)aren't to swift when it comes to finding me.

Games they like, are chasing and keeping
the frizbee/ball.
Their favorite is
a tennis ball with a rope that is connected to a stick. You hold on to the stick and
the dogs like to chase the ball.
One of my dogs is too good at this game.

dogncatluvr
10-19-2000, 05:12 PM
We play hide and seek with treats. We put the dogs in a "sit (or down), stay" and go hide the treats where they can't see us. Then we go tell them to find the treats. We found this to be a great way to train the "stay" command, and it's all fun to the dogs! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif

Breezybabe01
10-24-2000, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
My husky, Zeus, likes to play hide and seek. When my husband and I come home from work, one of us will hide, and the other will say to Zeus, "go get him/her", and Zeus proceeds to go through the house looking for us! It is really really fun. It's getting to be more of a challenge for us because we're running out of hiding places!That is really cute! I know the feeling, we play that with my dog, too! We are running out of hiding spots, too!

karen israel
10-25-2000, 01:51 PM
That IS cute! In bad weather, being housebound, I started teaching Cody hide and seek. I'd say Downstairs Den", he'd go there, I would hide upstairs, call him, could see him looking around, nose twitching, and I would of course try not to laugh! He got SO excited when he found me, we'd do it a few times until he realized I wasn't in the same spot! Ran out of roomy spots for me to hide, but still do it occcassionally to see if he remembers and he does.