PDA

View Full Version : Help What Do I Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Petna
11-23-2002, 12:31 PM
HELP!!!!!!!
My pup is very good but when she meets someone what does she do jump up.The thing is if she has muddy paws the people get really really really mad:mad: :mad: :mad:
I try to explain but they are sooo selfish how do i stop her jumping up:confused: HELP:mad:

Karen
11-23-2002, 01:28 PM
You need to train her not to jump up! Always keep her on a leash when she is going to meet new people, and if she seems like she will jump up, keep her on a tight leash so she just can't! Teach her "down" means all four feet stay on the ground! Don't let her jump up on you, if she does, step back and say "no!" then ignore her for a few seconds.

What breed of dog is she? How old is she?

Petna
11-24-2002, 04:00 AM
Thanks Shes a lab and shes 7 months old in 2 day s thanks again I'll try that:) :D :cool: :eek: ;)

aly
11-24-2002, 11:34 PM
In order to teach a dog not to jump, EVERYONE the dog comes in contact with needs to participate in the training. It has to be very consistent. If the dog ever gets away with jumping, she will keep trying to jump and jump thinking she'll get away with it again. Along with what Karen said, never give the dog attention when she jumps up. Have her learn that in order to receive human attention, all four feet must be firmly on the ground.

Remember, even negative attention is attention.

DogMania
12-01-2002, 10:36 AM
Leash and tug.

Uabassoon
12-01-2002, 11:06 AM
I try to explain but they are sooo selfish how do i stop her jumping up

I dont think your friends are being selfish, I love dogs, but I still hate it when other peoples dogs jump on me. Just make sure that if she does try to jump on your friends that they make sure the dog knows that it's bad. Tell her NO in a stern (not yelling) voice.

SamS
12-05-2002, 11:24 AM
Maintaining control of your dog during training is critical. You have to be able to support the command when you give it. Keep them on a leash, be consistent by using the same command (I use "OFF"), and be real patient. My 11 month old Golden Retriever does the same thing, but he's starting to get it.