PDA

View Full Version : Attempted Robbery

ramanth
10-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, I became a statistic this morning and I finally discovered how the dogs would react in this scenario.

Our house was broken into. My boyfriend was home sleeping at the time and he heard Chipper bark once, then whine softly.

Upon opening the bedroom door he saw Kia curled up in her bed in the living room. Chipper was curled up on the living room floor with his ears back. Total freaked out look on his face. :(

My boyfriend went to the dining room and saw light and shadow movement from under the door. He pushed the door to the mud-room open and came face to face with the kid who had broken in.

The kid had come through an unlocked dining room window and was in the process of propping open the back door when the boyfriend found him. He bolted, police were called, and they brought out canines. Tracked the kid westward but lost the trail. Nothing was missing and just a couple of screens were damaged.

His arms were full of stuff and he dropped a Playstation controller on my back deck which the police took. It wasn't from my place, so he'd obviously been busy prior to stopping at our house.

I'm just glad no one was hurt and that the dogs stayed out of his way. Though it would have been nice if he had moved on upon seeing the dogs through the window.

Karen
10-11-2012, 02:50 PM
At least Chipper made enough noise to wake your boyfriend! Good boy, Chipper! Thank goodness everyone is safe, hopefully they catch the kid.

Freedom
10-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Very unnerving, to have someone in your home. Glad everyone is alright. Scary!

mrspunkysmom
10-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Glad you are okay. Didn't you discuss the possibility of surveillance cameras awhile back?

robinh
10-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Glad the pups were there to warn your boyfriend of the danger.

Had a break-in years ago. Came home to 3 police cars in my driveway and a suspect in the back of one of them. Lived alone with my son who was very young. Very scary.

happylabs
10-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Scary. Glad this all turned out okay.

Roxyluvsme13
10-11-2012, 06:30 PM
That's so scary! We've had our house broken into before and we're pretty sure they kicked Lily or scared her out of the way because we weren't home. Glad the dogs were there to wake your boyfriend and that they didn't manage to take anything, maybe they'll be able to catch the kid.

Husky_mom
10-11-2012, 10:03 PM
glad it was just a scare.. but like I said in FB.. what a nerve of this dude.. one to go into someones home.. and two even so after seeing the dogs..

one would think ONE big dog might deter an intruder let alone TWO.. but apparently this dude didn't even flinched..

I know I'd be frustrated if someone got into my house and wasn't afraid of the dogs.. or that the dogs didn't made a howlarama out of it.. haha.. not blaming the dogs.. but in my case I'd be like pulling my hair out.. :P

but overall.. glad no one got hurt.. just hope it never repeats itself.. considering your pool-using intruders from before

chocolatepuppy
10-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Very scary! I'm glad no one was hurt!

phesina
10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Oh, how scary! So glad no one was hurt. I sure hope they catch that dirtbag.

ramanth
10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately they weren't able to catch him. The detective called the other day and said the case is closed for now, but if we hear or see anything, to call and they'll reopen it.

I'm definitely not blaming the dogs. Friends and family are surprised at how Chipper and Kia reacted (barely barking) since they raise hell when we have visitors. But in those cases, a car pulls in the drive or someone knocks on the door which sets them off.

Despite it all, I'm sleeping well. :)