PDA

View Full Version : Please keep Daisy in your thoughts/prayers..

GoldenRetrLuver
10-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone. Some of you may have read that Molly was put to sleep last weekend.

Daisy is now ill. She was rushed to the vet last night after throwing up a mixture of bile and saliva -- she wouldn't move and was very uncomfortable. She had a high fever when we brought her in and X-rays and blood work were done. Bloat was ruled out and pancreatitis was ruled out as well, for the most part. She has started to bleed from her rectum and refuses to eat or drink so they are keeping her overnight again. She's hooked up to an IV and other medication to keep her hydrated. An abdominal ultrasound is going to be performed on her tomorrow to see if there is a tumor/cancer.

She was brought to the vet 48 hours ago for a routine senior exam -- her blood work and urine came back excellent, her heart was in amazing condition. A couple days later, I now have a dog fighting for her life.

Please keep my baby girl in your thoughts and prayers, I want her home and back to normal very soon. I can't lose both of my babies within a week's time.

Thank you.

chocolatepuppy
10-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Praying for Daisy. (((hugs)))

krazyaboutkatz
10-08-2012, 01:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Could she have caught some kind of a virus when she was at the vet for her senior exam? I sure hope that the vet will be able to find out what's causing this and that she'll be able to recover. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Karen
10-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Prayers on the way.

robinh
10-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Saying lots of prayers for her.

Bonny
10-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Good Thoughts & Prayers sent Daisy's way

Freedom
10-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Oh no! Prayers from RI. Come on Daisy, you can fight this off, with the meds helping.

AdoreMyDogs
10-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Oh no.......oh dear my prayers are with you and lovely Daisy. Please pull through this, Miss Daisy, please, please pull through!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh my gosh I am so sorry.... lots of prayers and good thoughts being sent your way for sweet Daisy. Any chance she could've gotten into something out of the ordinary? Keep us updated :love:

robinh
10-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Just checking in to see if there was any news!?! Keep fighting Daisy!

GoldenRetrLuver
10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
She's home!! We went to go visit her during visiting hours today and brought along some chicken and rice to see if she would eat it. She did! She drank some water too! Since she was eating, the vet said it was okay for her to go home. She's on a strict diet for a while and a bunch of different medications. She has a follow-up appointment next Monday, so here's hoping that the worst is over and that she is on the mend. We decided to not do the ultrasound and our vet agreed that it wasn't necessary at this point. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers! :)

chocolatepuppy
10-08-2012, 10:07 PM
That's great news! Keep on getting better Daisy.:)

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm so glad to hear that she's now home and is able to eat again.:) I hope she continues to improve. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

robinh
10-09-2012, 05:05 AM
So glad to hear she's home!!

beeniesmom
10-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear she's home now. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
We are taking her back to the vet today. She has been struggling to keep food down and it is to the point now where she will not eat in general. She is very lethargic and just not a happy dog. I know losing Molly has been extremely painful for her and she is definitely grieving on top of this. The vet will be performing an ultrasound to see there is a tumor or anything else internally that is causing her sickness.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Daisy has a tumor in her spleen. Our vet thinks that when the blood vessels in the tumor rupture, it bleeds into her stomach and that is when she won't eat. Even if the vet did surgery, she would only have 6 more months at the most. They gave us a bunch of pain meds and other medication to keep her comfortable in the meantime and we have anywhere from 1-5 more months with her.

kaycountrygal
11-28-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm sorry Daisy didnt get a better diagnosis. I hope the pain medicine helps her and she won't be in pain. No doubt you are sad thinking about her condition. ((Hugs))

krazyaboutkatz
11-29-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this latest news.:( I hope that she'll be able to remain comfortable with the remaining time that she has left with you. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

robinh
11-29-2012, 05:19 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. Will say prayers for her and you during this difficult time.

chocolatepuppy
11-29-2012, 05:29 AM
Many prayers for Daisy to be comfortable and have much good time left with you. (hugs)

Bonny
11-29-2012, 03:52 PM
I am so sorry to read about your sweet Daisy. Hugs sent your way with a soft pat for Daisy. Sending thoughts of strength & comfort to you & Daisy.

wolf_Q
11-29-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( How old is she? Poor girl and poor you that is such sad news and right after Molly. So very sorry hope you will have longer with her than the vet said {{hugs}}

GoldenRetrLuver
11-29-2012, 06:56 PM
She would be 11 in February.

She's deteriorating very quickly and our vet is making a house call tomorrow afternoon and will be putting her to sleep. I can tell she is in pain. It would be selfish to keep her around any longer. She'll be okay soon.

robinh
11-29-2012, 07:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you both.

luvofallhorses
11-29-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Keeping you and Daisy in my thoughts and prayers. :love:Hugs.