PDA

View Full Version : Zam in Heat?!

ramanth
11-22-2002, 08:55 AM
Gracious, what a night. I'm suprised I'm as awake as I am.

At 11 p.m., Zam, Kia, and I went to bed. Then at 1 a.m. it began. Constant howling. And it got louder... and louder. I got up and walked into the living room to find her laying in the middle of the room. She stopped howling upon seeing me and began purring.

Annoyed I went back to bed, and she started yowling all over again. Somehow I fell asleep.

Again at 3 a.m., I wake to her yowling. I go into the living room to find her laying on her stomach, her hind end slightly raised, and she's having a grand old time, howling her head off.

I try to convince her that milk and crunchies are much better than mating. ;) But alas, after a few minutes she's at it again.

At 5 a.m., I flick water at her.

6 a.m., I'm having choice words with her. :o Then I grab a pillow, go to the living room, and sleep next to her on the floor. She stops yowling and I fall asleep to her purring.

6:30 a.m. I wake up stiff and she's in the BEDROOM yowling. arrgghhh!! I grab the pillow and lay down in the floor in the bedroom. She stops yowling and purrs.

7 a.m. The alarm goes off, she looks at me as I drag my extremely tired butt off the floor, then she curls up in Kia's dog bed and goes to sleep. :mad:

Is she in heat, or just deliberately driving me mad?

sasvermont
11-22-2002, 09:07 AM
That is what I would think. Nice, eh? I don't know how folks can tolerate it. I guess that is why, when they don't have cats spayed, they let them get pregnant.

Off to the Vet, eh?

:confused:

Edwina's Secretary
11-22-2002, 09:07 AM
Sure sounds like heat! At least it is curable!

(Doesn't it make you wonder about people who don't spay? That noise!!!)

smokey the elder
11-22-2002, 09:20 AM
It sounds like classic in-heat behavior all right. Moby went through her first heat before she was spayed. I couldn't get her to the vet fast enough!!

moosmom
11-22-2002, 09:36 AM
Kim,

Yup, she's in heat alright. Don't worry though, the yowling only lasts about a week. DO NOT under any circumstances let her out!! But you already know that! When is her appt. to be spayed?? The only advice I can give you is to get a set of ear plugs and a bottle of Jack Daniels and ride it out. Once she's fixed, you'll never have the problem again.

ramanth
11-22-2002, 10:08 AM
She has an appointment to be spayed on December 19th. Hopefully this is the only time she'll go into Heat between now and then.

I noticed she was acting funny when I was making dinner last night. She was rubbing herself all over EVERYTHING in the apartment. Even Kia's toys and Kia herself. LOL!

Kia looked SO tired and annoyed this morning. I'm suprised she didn't go after Zam to make her shut up. She just slept on the bed the whole time.

It's not so much that she's keeping me awake... I worry that the neighbors will complain. :(

I'm suprised that she stopped howling when I would sleep next to her on the floor. If that's all it'll take, I'll keep doing that.

Andy's coming over this weekend. Poor guy. LOL!

Nomilynn
11-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
Kim,
The only advice I can give you is to get a set of ear plugs and a bottle of Jack Daniels and ride it out.

LOL!!!! :D :D :D

That must have been a rough night.. oh the things we do for our kids!! :eek: ;)

ramanth
11-22-2002, 10:13 AM
LOL!! No kidding! I'm a rum and Coke fan myself... think I'll make another stop at the store on my way home from work. ;)

jenluckenbach
11-22-2002, 01:51 PM
Now just because she is in heat doesn't mean that she is NOT also trying to drive you mad:eek:

Uabassoon
11-22-2002, 01:57 PM
I'm a rum and Coke fan myself

Yumm.... sounds like we have something in common.

ramanth
11-25-2002, 10:06 AM
I think it's over!!!!

PHEW!!

She was so quiet last night. Peace.... quiet.... a good nights rest. ahhhhh yes. It's the simple things. :D ;)

11-25-2002, 12:29 PM
Oh poor Zam .. Heat is over ?? And no tom-cat came along ??? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! You will have to howl a lot louder next time (hahaha , Kimmy !!!):D