PDA

View Full Version : It's Mr. Spunky's 11th Gotcha Day!

mrspunkysmom
09-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Eleven years ago today I rescued him from a rescue cage he shared with a larger cat at an exotic creatures store. I had held this tiny creature of 9 ounces and 6 weeks and when I put him back, he started climbing to the top of the crate, caterwauling, "Get me out of here!" I took him home and bathed him, etc. The rest is another story. 9It was a Saturday evening too, when I got him.)

He was named Punk at first, but I went positive and started calling him Spunky.

He's my heart kitty, the most intelligent cat I've ever met, and we do have a bond. :love: He's sitting with me now, reminding me that I have to feed him yet again in order to have peace. :D

So wish him a Happy Gotcha Day and I hope he is with me at least another 11 years. :love:

Lillycat
09-29-2012, 08:03 PM
,,,,,Happy Gotcha Day........a wonderful day for both of you!!!!

chocolatepuppy
09-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Mr. Spunky!!!:D

cassiesmom
09-30-2012, 12:42 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=50462&d=1285809194

Happy Gotcha Day, dear sweet Mr. Spunky! I found this picture in your album :love: I hope you and meowmie have many more happy years together!

Felicia's Mom
09-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Happy Gotcha Day #11, Mr. Spunky!

mrspunkysmom
09-30-2012, 09:54 AM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=50462&d=1285809194

Happy Gotcha Day, dear sweet Mr. Spunky! I found this picture in your album :love: I hope you and meowmie have many more happy years together!

Thanks Elyse, the place is a mess right now since some stuff is in boxes and I haven't bothered cleaning. Give me a few weeks and let's see what I can photograph.

and thanks for the wishes. I do hope we are together for a long time. He's a special kitty.

phesina
09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Happy Gotcha Day #11, Mr. Spunky!!!!!
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
09-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Happy Gotcha Day #11, Mr. Spunky!!!!!
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Thanks and I love that quote in your signature. Always have.

catmandu
09-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Happy 11th Purrthday Mr Spunky, and we too pray that you have many more years ahead of you.
You are certainly one Classic Tabby, and quite the Cat Companion!!!:love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks Gary and Phesina!

krazyaboutkatz
09-30-2012, 02:36 PM
HAPPY 11th GOTCHA DAY MR. SPUNKY!!! I hope you have many many more.:)

momcat
09-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Mr. Spunky :love: You sure knew what you were doing when you chose your Meowmie! You couldn't possibly have made a better choice. Wishing you many more years of love and companionship with Meowmie in your wonderful furever home.

Sending you lots of lovies to help celebrate your very special day :love: :love:

mrspunkysmom
09-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Thank you KAK and momcat. I really do believe cats and dogs pick out their humans. He's taught me a lot, too. And he's had a lot more love and treats than usual. Including sleeping on me, not something he does, begging for food more often, just annoying me. He actually started to emulate a bear as it cools. he eats twice as much in the winter.

Oh, the whole gang got chicken, pork, and turkey this weekend as I am obligated to share with them. Good thing I cook plainly. Spunky and Emily do better on a higher protein diet.

Thanks again for the wishes.

Next up is Callie in March.

phesina
09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks and I love that quote in your signature. Always have.

Thanks, Anne. I forget just when I came across that, but I made it my sig for PT and for my regular e-mail. It says just what it intends to say so WELL!