PDA

View Full Version : Nawtee Dawg Nebo!!

wolf_Q
11-21-2002, 09:09 PM
Nebo has been on a rampage to kill anything stuffed lately I swear! Ahh!! Just since the weekend, I have thrown away at least 4 stuffed toys...and another is missing ears and has a hole, another missing eyes with holes, another missing tail with holes, and the list goes on....

A while ago I felt bad for him because he didn't have anything to sleep on in his crate at night. I went and measured the inside of the crate and made him a nice comfy pillow to fit perfectly inside. He's ripped holes in it 3 times. The last one was HUGE, I almost had to throw it away.

And today I came home and here is the real NAWTEE DAWG part. He has an igloo outside and it has a nice (expensive) pad that fits inside of it. He chewed a small hole in it once, but had left it alone for a while. But today, he just DESTROYED it, half it it is completely gone....foam EVERYWHERE....Ahh!!! Of course I was so mad, but I couldn't yell at him because he'd probably did it hours ago. He could tell I was really mad though, he's sensitive that way.

Being Nebo, he *had* to put on the charm too! Can't stay mad at that dog! I'm half-way inside of the igloo gathering up foam, and first he goes and gives me a big Nebo-style hug...and then he squeezes by me to get inside of the igloo, and proceeds to lick my face all over. Nebo ya gotta stop being so darn cute so I can be mad at you! lol :rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
11-21-2002, 10:01 PM
o No Nebo! Try to be good please! LOL. You sound like Chewy, riping everything aprat you can get your teeth on, what a nawtee doggie!

Ash

delidog
11-21-2002, 10:06 PM
Ah!!Yes,......chewing Puppies!!!But has he chewed through 25 Cds' yet???? Including all of U2s'???????
I'm going to have to join Columbia House and Bmg just to replace 24 of them!!!!

delidog
11-22-2002, 05:33 AM
You might not have a confession as of yet...but have you tried the dark room with the spotlight routine????perhaps a well placed doggie cookie dangling in front of them?????
someone is sure to BARK The Truth!!!!!!;) :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-22-2002, 05:54 AM
I am so sorry Nebo is on a chewing Rampage. I can totally sympathize!! Drake was a puppy when Andrew and I were in college. He shredded several hard back college text books, the corner of my laptop, the legs on the kitchen chairs, coffee table, end tables, and our bed! He even shredded the driver's seat in Andrew's car!! Andrew had run into the gas station to pay for gas and there was a line. Andrew was probably in there for 10 minutes, and Drake chewed a big chunck out of the seat!!

ramanth
11-22-2002, 09:06 AM
:eek: Oh my goodness!

So sorry to hear that. :( Silly Nebo. Chewing puppies are not easy on the pocketbook.

And I love all of your stories.

Originally posted by wolf_Q
Being Nebo, he *had* to put on the charm too! Can't stay mad at that dog! I'm half-way inside of the igloo gathering up foam, and first he goes and gives me a big Nebo-style hug...and then he squeezes by me to get inside of the igloo, and proceeds to lick my face all over. Nebo ya gotta stop being so darn cute so I can be mad at you! lol :rolleyes:
LOL! Kia does the same thing. Right in my face licking me with those , "BUT MAMA, I LOVE YOU!' eyes.

manda99
11-22-2002, 09:31 AM
Smokey has been on a Nawtee Dawg spree lately, too.

He has decided to de-fluff the comforter that is his blanket. Oh well, he's the one that has to lay on the hardness if he gets all the fluff out (Yeah right, I'm a sucker , he'll get a new blankie pretty soon).
He ate a crayon, a Sublime CD, a bottle of Iron Pills (including the actual bottle), and he chewed the heel off these awesome strappy stillettos I have... HAD. Grrrrr :mad:

BUT... he's just so damn cute... with his little pink head... I can't really stay mad. Plus, it gives me an excuse to get some new shoes!

ChrisH
11-22-2002, 01:06 PM
Oh, I do sympathise, I have had two destroyer dogs.
I got my last dog Penny, a GSD, when she was six months old and because I was out at work I had to leave her all alone for quite long periods and she destroyed everything, carpets, curtains, chairs, doors and even took chunks out of a wall! And she howled. Crates and Kongs were unheard of then, at least in my neck of the woods. Her chewing lessened as she got older and I got a shorter hours job, which made her happier and then I retired from work a short while later which made her happier still!
With Bob I made sure I was prepared before he came through the door, big crate, the works, and I was home all day just like I was with my other dogs so surely there wouldn`t be a problem. Ha! He not only chewed everything he ate it as well! Even when I took him out on the lead, stuff would be down his throat so fast! No wonder my hair is nearly all white! One time he even chewed a hole in my duvet while I was sleeping, I woke to feathers all over the place. Anyway, the good news is that he is a lot, lot, better now, (I don`t know if you read the thread about his bed) and I find I can trust him a lot more, I even left a big Panther stuffie, big as him nearly, hanging around and he hasn`t touched it...yet!
I am sure Nebo, like Bob, will get better as he gets older, though hopefully long before he gets to 4 years old! :)

anna_66
11-22-2002, 01:14 PM
Yep, I understand the charm they can put on, Roxey does the same exact thing:rolleyes: You just can't stay mad at those beautiful eyes can you?!
Hey, if we're talking about what stuff your dogs have destroyed.....Angus chewed the corner of our old house off when he was a pup:eek: :eek: Roxey isn't that bad, but as you can see in some of my pics, she loves the destroy the pool cover, just can't seem to help herself!
Nebo, you better start being a good boy or santa might bring you a lump of coal;)

primabella
11-22-2002, 01:18 PM
lol..ooo...all these stories make me really wanna dog now ;)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wolf_Q
11-25-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by delidog
Ah!!Yes,......chewing Puppies!!!But has he chewed through 25 Cds' yet???? Including all of U2s'???????
I'm going to have to join Columbia House and Bmg just to replace 24 of them!!!!

Oh my, if Nebo chewed up all of my U2 cds he'd be in SERIOUS trouble! I'm not sure if he has a taste for cds, his favorite things are stuffed.....but being Nebo, I"m sure he'd kill anything if he felt like it.

manda99, Nebo seems to think it's great to destroy blankets also. There's little bits of white all over his dog run....the blanket that's supposed to go in his igloo is NEVER in there and he just rips it apart all day long. Guess when he has nothing to lay on he'll figure it out....yeah right....:rolleyes:

And oh my Drake...destroying the seat of the car? Don't let Nebo hear about that! So far he's really good in the car ( just goes to sleep) so I don't want him getting any ideas! ;)