PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars - "All Stars" Cast

Scooter's Mom
09-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Is anyone else watching?

My early favorites are Kelly Monaco, Gilles Marini & Shawn Johnson. Although I liked Emmitt Smith too.
Hmm, tough call!

Grace
09-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Raises hand . . . . I'm watching:)

Love Emmitt most of all. Gilles and Peta look like they could win. So much fun seeing them all again :)

Taz_Zoee
09-25-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm watching! But I didn't finish last nights show yet. I have about 30 minutes left to watch.
If I could choose the first two to go home it would be Pamela and then Bristol. I am so tired of watching Pamela act all sexy all the time. It's so annoying!! And obviously fake. I've seen her on another show where she was showing her house and she was normal!
I did not watch the first season of this so seeing Kelly Monaco will be new for me. I just love Joey and his personality.....he's so funny!! :D
Going into this season I was not excited. But I'll still watch. LOL :)

Steve Arnold
09-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Yep, I'm watching. This show is one of my guilty pleasures. And I'm a big fan of Len, he knows what he's talking about.

I'm definitely rooting for our Iowa girl, Shawn Johnson. She didn't disappoint last night.

Craftlady
09-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Ok now that Pamela Anderson is gone it's time for Bristol P. to go next. It's an interesting cast of characters this time around.

Taz_Zoee
09-26-2012, 10:01 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Craftlady! One down and one to go. :)
I feel bad to talk about Pamela like that, but her fakeness just irritates me. If you noticed, last night when they did the little interview segments, she was not all fake and trying to be sexy. She was being "normal".
And I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine her being on Broadway! Unless it's some kind of burlesque show. She acts like such an airhead, and I don't think she's really like that.

cassiesmom
10-02-2012, 06:29 AM
I like Joey Fatone, I like Drew Lachey... watching Bristol Palin makes me think Mark Ballas is going to have a short season. I like Apolo Ohno and Gilles Marini too. I thought Kirstie Alley did all right last night. Love, love Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough.

Steve Arnold
10-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Bristol was definitely the worst last night. I thought she did a good job last week but last night she was just plain boring - but I imagine that she'll just keep going because her mother's supporters will all vote for her like they did when she was on before in spite of her being the weakest dancer. I really didn't care that much for Kirstie Alley either, but everyone else was fantastic. I love watching Shawn and Derek!

redbird
10-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Bristol was definitely the worst last night. I thought she did a good job last week but last night she was just plain boring - but I imagine that she'll just keep going because her mother's supporters will all vote for her like they did when she was on before in spite of her being the weakest dancer. I really didn't care that much for Kirstie Alley either, but everyone else was fantastic. I love watching Shawn and Derek!

I'm not watching much of the show this year, don't like the fact that they couldn't get enough 'stars' to do a new season and to get the same ones back. I've been watching The Voice instead. Bristol Palin being back on the show really turned me off, I can't deal with the Palin's.

Grace
10-02-2012, 10:14 PM
So disappointed with the results tonight. Are we in for a Palin re-run? If so, they will lose viewers.

Steve Arnold
10-02-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm fuming ... :mad:

cassiesmom
10-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I am baffled by the recent vote-offs. People I thought would be gone by now are still on, and people I thought should have been around much longer have been voted off. I don't get it.

Taz_Zoee
10-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Bristol and Kirstie (those are the not-so-good people IMO) made it far on their seasons as well. It's not who can dance the best, but who is more popular. Bristol has all the people behind her that support her mother. And I guess Kirstie maybe just is liked because of her age and weight battles. :confused:

cassiesmom
10-16-2012, 11:57 PM
This week I'm disappointed because one of my favorite pros was eliminated, but I think the star eliminated was the correct decision. I won't say who it was in case someone didn't see it.

Steve Arnold
10-17-2012, 06:23 AM
I was very happy with last night. The two weakest dancers were at the bottom, and the right one went home. Not that anyone was a bad dancer, but the fact remains that when you have dancers like Shawn and Gilles and Melissa, the two bottom ones just don't fit in at that level. They're not able to achieve the level of difficulty of the other dancers. They each did a good job, but not an amazing job. Now it feels like a competition instead of a popularity contest.

Taz_Zoee
10-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I was pleased with the results this week. At least it made the teams remain the same since that person wasn't picked on a team to begin with. Oops! :o Hee hee. Oh, sorry..............
I am looking forward to the Gangnam style dance. That video just cracks me up and the tune is catchy, even when you can't speak the language. Now, the other song (call me maybe) I can't STAND that song! So I'm not looking forward to that one. So sad.

cassiesmom
11-06-2012, 12:07 AM
I wanted to trade places with Shawn Johnson tonight and walk down the ballroom stairs with Mark Ballas and Derek Hough! Woo-hoo! They're too young for me but I enjoy watching both of them dance. I missed most of the actual dancing because I was doing other things, but I DVR'd it.

Steve Arnold
11-06-2012, 08:52 AM
She's been doing such a great job all season, I was glad to see her perfect score last night!

A side story about Shawn Johnson - there is a high school boy I know really well, who has been in some plays I directed and whose family has become good friends of mine. The family was flying out of the Des Moines airport this summer to the east coast. The flight was overbooked, and there was one seat short, and this family was at the end of the line. They were told that one of them would have to sit in first class, where there was an open seat, so Ian's parents told him to take the first class seat. So they boarded the plane, and Ian was sitting up front, but his parents could still see him from where they were sitting. He hadn't paid any attention to who was next to him, but suddenly, after the flight is underway, he gets a text from his dad - "Is that Shawn Johnson sitting next to you?" Sure enough, it was, and he had a ball chatting with her the whole way.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer kid.

Taz_Zoee
11-06-2012, 09:58 AM
She's been doing such a great job all season, I was glad to see her perfect score last night!

A side story about Shawn Johnson - there is a high school boy I know really well, who has been in some plays I directed and whose family has become good friends of mine. The family was flying out of the Des Moines airport this summer to the east coast. The flight was overbooked, and there was one seat short, and this family was at the end of the line. They were told that one of them would have to sit in first class, where there was an open seat, so Ian's parents told him to take the first class seat. So they boarded the plane, and Ian was sitting up front, but his parents could still see him from where they were sitting. He hadn't paid any attention to who was next to him, but suddenly, after the flight is underway, he gets a text from his dad - "Is that Shawn Johnson sitting next to you?" Sure enough, it was, and he had a ball chatting with her the whole way.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer kid.

That is so cool!!! :cool:

I was very upset with last week's elimination. I thought they should have not kicked anyone off last week if they felt the East Coast tragedy had affected the voting. But I know the reason they aren't kicking anyone off this week is because of the elections (or at least that's what I think).
I would like to see Kelly and Kirstie be the next ones to go. Kelly is just annoying with her infatuation of Val. It's sick. This is a family show!! :) And while I really do like Kirstie, she just isn't at the same level dance-wise as the rest of them.

cassiesmom
11-28-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm disappointed with the outcome. I won't say who won because I don't want to be a spoiler. [] won, [] finished second and I think it should have been the other way around. I'm not happy with how it turned out. I think [] should have won .

Steve Arnold
11-28-2012, 05:51 AM
I agree completely, but it's their own fault. They purposely chose a dance to repeat on Monday night that they knew the judges didn't like, but that the audience loved. They got knocked down in points not because they could have done better but because they broke the rules for that particular dance, and they got knocked down again. The other two picked dances that they believed they could improve, and they did.

The second place couple "threw it away" because they thought the viewer votes would carry them, even though they knew they'd get knocked down again. It was kind of an in-your-face decision.

That said, the second place finisher was the one I'd been rooting for all season and absolutely had the best free-style dance and the best instant dance, as the scores reflect. It was a heartbreaker, that's for sure. They were the best by a mile. But it's their own fault. They should have chosen a different dance to repeat on Monday night, and shouldn't have openly said they were disregarding the judges' points.

At any rate, all three couples were amazing last night, what a finale, it was a terrific end to a terrific season; the outcome takes nothing away from the fact that the dancing was absolutely at the top of the game by everyone.

Grace
11-28-2012, 07:12 AM
I am totally delighted :)

Taz_Zoee
11-28-2012, 11:40 PM
I am also pleased with the outcome. I am glad those two couples were the final two.