PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye to Summer Thursday # 499

RICHARD
09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Wow, we are getting into fall now - I saw Halloween stuff at the Rite Aid store yesterday, cooler weather is starting to creep in and the leaves are starting to turn...

Time for one last blast .... and getting some new mascots in!!!!!

I think some Spanish coffee, hot tea or ??? is in order.

DONE!

Queen of Poop
09-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Leaves are turning here. Temps dropping to low single digits overnight. But our days have been lovely all week. Seeing temps of +25oC pretty much every day right now. Won't be long till the snow flies though. :(

I've got tea on and a gluten free banana loaf to share. Cali's got her purr on now that her ear feels better and Diego is wondering how come she gets all the extra attention (meds and ear washes).

beeniesmom
09-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Made some banana bread here too. Spanish coffee sounds nice. :)

Karen
09-21-2012, 02:34 PM
I have recently discovered I am no longer allergic to bananas, so I'll have some banana bread, thanks! :) I am enjoying the cooler temps, when we have them! And will brew a nice big pot of tea if anyone wants some!

pomtzu
09-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Not so fast, folks. Yup - tomorrow is the first day of Fall - and the forecast is for a high temp of 85 here. Yuk! Fortunately it appears to be a one day event, as Monday it's not supposed to get out of the 60's. Hooray!!!! I turned the a.c. back on earlier this week because it got so humid and my heart patient dog cannot tolerate it. I haven't turned it off since then, but it only runs a little in the warmest part of the afternoon.

I'll partake of some banana bread please. And I don't know what Spanish coffee is, but I'm game. :)

Asiel
09-21-2012, 07:10 PM
We've had cooler weather and rain all week but then it clears and the temperature goes up to 16 or so by late afternoon. we have the air on for most of the afternoon and evening but then turn it to heat for the night as it goes down to 1 or 2 so it's cool AND dark when we get up now. The forecast is calling for rain right through till Sunday or Monday, just perfect for the first day of fall...:mad:
I wish we could extend the summer by a few more months, can't imagine another 6-7 mos. of cold and snow.

Pinot's Mom
09-22-2012, 08:32 AM
I do know what Spanish coffee is, but it's a little early. ;)

Banana bread sounds good, though, and I have some regular coffee - I'll leave it on the bar. Super weather here; sunny, warm with a nice breeze.

Went to a MD SPCA event last night (food trucks, beer, wine, music at a local park downtown) - fun. Met some nice people and great dogs! One named King Tut I REALLY wanted to take home - brindle colored, looked like maybe a min-pin mixed with something a little larger - fantastic dog - so CUTE! Pinot, however, would NOT have appreciated the addition. ;)

Happy weekend everyone!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Did someone say banana bread? Count me in!!!
It feels like a beautiful fall day here. Temps in the low 70s now but lows tonight in low 40s. My kind of weather. Not a bit sorry to see the last of the 100 degree heat we had all summer.

Oh, the cats would love some catnip tea too to please?:love::love:

Karen
09-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Bought my first jug of cider for the fall, anyone want some?