PDA

View Full Version : I learned a valuable lesson today...

boscibo
11-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Furry mice, once they go in the water bowl, should be thrown out. :(

Hanna has a habit of dunking her toys. I take them out of the water and let them dry for a day or two, and let her have them again.

One of the mice was not totally dry, and I gave it back. The mess was as bad as a real live dead mouse. That's what it looked like, too. :eek: Sorry, I didn't think to take pictures :D

Once they get wet, sayanora.
I'm off to buy the 12 pack of furry mice.

trinity
11-21-2002, 02:42 PM
Do you remember the little Beanie Babies that McDOnalds had a while back? I was collecting them for my giant fuzzball who thought they were the greatest toys in the world. Many a day we would come home from work and find one floating in the water bowl...fortunately they do dry completely. Its so nice to find out Kunan isn't the only cat who prefers to wash his toys:rolleyes:

Cataholic
11-21-2002, 02:50 PM
I always get a little nervous when I see a thred titled as such. I think, "Oh no, someone has suffered a cat-tastrophe. Fortunetly, it was just a faux mouse story, whew.

I think I have 50000000 mice, give or take a couple. They always go through a recycling system. Once wet, the glue just doesn't work too well...good thing mousies come in twelve packs, huh?

NoahsMommy
11-21-2002, 02:54 PM
So that's why they come in such large quantities...I had thought is was because they try to return to their homes under the stove and fridge. Yet another reason! Fun!!

Such silly kitties....Basil likes to dunk his toys too...of course, when we get home, we have GREEN water...yuck. :p

boscibo
11-21-2002, 02:59 PM
Sorry about the title of this thread. For some reason it really upset me, because for a split second - I thought it was a real dead mouse! It was soggy, and messy, and the cardboard or paper stuffed inside looked like guts.

I knew they didn't hold up well after getting wet, but I didn't know it would be so....messy. And realistic! :D

Maybe that is why the cats like them so much!

neko1
11-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Why do they love to throw their toys in the water bowl anyway?! They get brand new toys, play with them for five minutes and plop! into the water bowl they go!!
I guess they want us to keep spending money on them:o

Logan
11-21-2002, 07:03 PM
I haven't had one fall apart.........most of them get digested by the big, bad dogs!!! LOL!!! But here is Butter and his drowned mouse.........seems to be habitual among these kitties!!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2cf00b3127cce92705fc201720000001410

catland
11-21-2002, 07:11 PM
I've been lucky - I've never had a cat leave their toys in the water. Under the couch or in the closet, but not in the water.

thanks for sharing.

Rachel
11-22-2002, 06:35 AM
Logan, that picture is just what this thread needed. So funny. Maybe cats just like to dunk mice like humans dunk doughnuts. Ya think?

2kitties
11-22-2002, 09:13 AM
Taz only wants to play with the mouse AFTER its dunked. He dunks the mouse, then brings it directly to me and meows to play. If it dries, he dunks it again.

I can tell you that if you accidentally wash one in the washing machine, its a HUGE mess!