PDA

View Full Version : Moving In February

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-21-2002, 08:27 AM
Well, Andrew's fixed wing training will end in October 2003. And I have decided to move to AL. I am going to follow through with it this time. Being away all the time is just so difficult on us both. So, I will be quitting my job at the end of Februaury and moving to Ft. Rucker!

We will then be sent to Ft. Huachuka, AZ (in Seirra Vista) for a few months after that. That'll be the last phase of fixed wing school. Not sure where we will be going after that.

Logan
11-21-2002, 08:35 AM
I'm glad you're going, Souraya. I hate that you wil be further away from me, but married people need to be together!! You guys have done so well with the situation, but it is time for you, Drake and Andrew to be under one roof.

Let's not let the time slip up on us, and miss seeing each other before you go!

Logan :)

11-21-2002, 08:37 AM
How far away is that from where you live now ?
Good luck with your move !!

Dakota's Mommy
11-21-2002, 09:04 AM
Congratulations on getting to be together! I know how hard it is to be away from you're spouse due to them being in the military since Brian just got back from Korea in May! Also, congrats on getting to go to Arizona. Not many people have the option to go to that station. Granted, it is in the middle of nowhere, but Phoenix isn't far away. Personally, I kind of wanted to go there since my dad was stationed there years ago. The option has come up in Brian's reenlistment options for us to move there around next Sept. or Oct. but I just don't think it would be a smart move for us these days. I also don't know if Brian's reupping, but he's checking out the options! Anyways, hope your move goes well and enjoy your time together!:D

Corinna
11-21-2002, 09:27 AM
I think your making the right chioce. You and Andrew need to be togeather. I know its scary to move away from famalar things. We move from Washington state here to Montana Only knew one person(and not that well) My plan is first find library the workers there know everything , then find other pet owners, that way you have some one with something in common. Drake will hlp you make freinds fast who can resists him? Good luck look at it as an adventure.

anna_66
11-21-2002, 10:09 AM
That's wonderful Souraya! I'm sure you'll both be happy about the move, Congrats!

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-21-2002, 10:11 AM
Lut, Andrew lives about 4.5 hours away from where I live. Not too far, but far enough :)

I had been holding off on moving because we thought Andrew would be done by February and th thought of moving to AL wasn't all that thrilling to me. I am not scared about the move. I moved out of my parents at the age of 18 and came from Beirut, Lebanon all the way to GA! So my move to AL should be a piece of cake!! Just hope I can find a decent job there :)

Draker and Andrew will keep me compnay. Plus I can volunteer at the lpcal shelter that Andrew volunteers at. I know a bunch of Andrew's friend's wives. I will be OK. Andrew teases me and says the Officer's wives club will keep me busy. Not into that group!

ramanth
11-21-2002, 10:18 AM
My best wishes to you on a smooth move and all the luck in finding a job in Alabama. :D

lynnestankard
11-21-2002, 10:37 AM
So pleased for you Souraya - you certainly need to be together.
I know a move is upsetting but so worth it!! Make sure the last thing to pack and the first to unpack is the computer LOL.

Lynne

Sudilar
11-21-2002, 11:24 AM
Good luck, Souraya! I'm glad you'll be back with Andrew. I look at life as an adventure. Go with the flow and do what you have to do!
P. S. I love AZ!! Going there on vacation next year, I hope!!

Chinadoll
11-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Andrew teases me and says the Officer's wives club will keep me busy. Not into that group!

I know the feeling. When Joey thought that he had a really good chance of getting called up, he wanted me to be involved in the wives club so I'd know everything going on..not a bad idea but so not my thing.

Good Luck with the move. I hope everything goes smoothly.

mugsy
11-21-2002, 12:38 PM
Congrats Souraya!! Tell Andrew congrats too. I'll bet he'll be glad when he's done with classes and actually gets to fly. Will he be flying the Warthog??

sammi
11-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Lut, Andrew lives about 4.5 hours away from where I live. Not too far, but far enough :)

I had been holding off on moving because we thought Andrew would be done by February and th thought of moving to AL wasn't all that thrilling to me. I am not scared about the move. I moved out of my parents at the age of 18 and came from Beirut, Lebanon all the way to GA! So my move to AL should be a piece of cake!! Just hope I can find a decent job there :)

Draker and Andrew will keep me compnay. Plus I can volunteer at the lpcal shelter that Andrew volunteers at. I know a bunch of Andrew's friend's wives. I will be OK. Andrew teases me and says the Officer's wives club will keep me busy. Not into that group!

Back many many years ago I remember my cousin telling me that it was NOT encouraged for a officers wife to become chummy with a non officers wife - her husband was a officer and they lived on a base in Fl. She thought that was the stupidist thing ever! Does that still hold true today?

Also if that is true since we have more and more women enlisted - would this hold true if the wife was the officer and the husband was a civilian. Would he get lonely at the officers club?!

One place I worked way back when - discouraged different levels of positions from being roommates (same sex , dif sex didn't matter) and almost 70% of the staff were young and single! Don't think that would go over today!

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-21-2002, 01:32 PM
Molly, Andrew already already flies helicopters and has gone through Black Hawk training. He was also accepted into fixed wing school and is now flying planes. Not sure what kind though. They learn on a civilian one and then get assigned a military one.

Sammi, it is still sometimes frowned upon but not forbidden for the enlisted men's wives and officer's wives to get "chummy". When I say sometimes, I mean it depends on the unit you're in. If there are alot of old traditional folks in charge, then the wives gossip about other wives who "fraternize" with the enlisted men's wives. I think this is very stupid. However, I do not get chummy with the other officer's wives either. I only hang out with them when our husbands are hanging out.

Fuzzy317
11-24-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest

Souraya, you have my truck (with cap in case of bad weather), my trailer, my hand truck, and myself available to help with your move. I could also get some paper boxes if you need them.

Just tell me a day and time, and I will be there. :)

I work nights, Sunday - Wednesday, so Thursday - Saturday is open (early Sunday if really need to)

shais_mom
11-24-2002, 11:06 PM
Congratulations Souraya!!
I am happy you will be finally with Andrew and Drake all one big happy family!! Good for you!