PDA

View Full Version : I have no right to say.....

catnapper
09-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I have nothing to wear!!!

I've mentioned how I've been haunting clearance racks all summer for super deals. I knew I had a lot of clothes for fall, but I didn't realize just how much I had! I decided that now its getting cooler, I could pull everything out of storage and hang it. I also found a ton of sweaters and such in the basement from last time I was this size. I spent the day washing and hanging. I ran out of hangers. I decided to change out my hangers to those space saver fuzzy type (which I LOVE by the way!) because my closet measures a whopping 32" wide.... 60 space saving hangers later.... and I still have clothes that need to be hung but no more hangers.

Mind you, my closet looks like it has an identity crisis -- summer tanks next to heavy winter sweaters, next to jackets. But SIXTY tops?!?!?! :eek:

If I ever even think about saying "I have nothing to wear!" please smack me!!!!

Karen
09-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey, sounds good! Organized, too!

CountryWolf07
09-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Try not having any appropriate fall clothes/winter clothes! I lost 11 lbs so whatever I had last fall doesn't fit me anymore! :eek:

Jessika
09-14-2012, 08:49 AM
I've been shopping clearance clothes lately... which usually means summer stuff. I'm typically a t-shirt and jeans girl, so I could probably wear some of my "summer" tops with leggings and boots in winter and make them work. But my boyfriend's wardrobe is actually bigger than mine is... if you can imagine... I am always very tight for cash, any little I have left over from my paycheck goes straight into savings, so I rarely go out and buy clothes for myself :(

catnapper
09-14-2012, 09:31 AM
I have been having waaaaayyyyy too much fun clearance shopping this summer. I found so many awesome deals, and not just on clothing. Just a couple days ago I found a King comforter set for $24. I spent almost as much for hangers as I did the wardrobe :rolleyes: I won't admit to even myself how much I spent on the darn hangers :o

I've been hunting since February, so I found lots of winter clothes on clearance. I have no idea what size I'll be next spring/summer, so I'm holding back on getting summer clothes for next year. I'd like to think I'll be a medium by then, but my weight loss has slowed down a lot... so I'm not going to buy clothes that I may or may not fit into. I KNEW I'd hit Large for fall/winter.

I have a love/hate thing about taking my husband with me because he gets more excited than I do, and I end up walking out with more than I would have without him. The other ladies looking at the racks laugh at him because he is so enthusiastic. :D I ended up with this ruffly blouse thing last week, its SO not me, but I got a zillion compliments on the last blouse he inststed on. :rolleyes:

kaycountrygal
09-14-2012, 04:56 PM
catnapper: Good for you for getting everything organized. Glad you found some of your own clothes that will fit now. Are you Up and Down with your weight?

Countrywolf07: You said "I lost 11 lbs so whatever I had last fall doesn't fit me anymore!" Good for you for losing 11 lbs. For myself, I would have to lose alot more than 11 lbs for my clothes not to fit. 11 would just be a beginning for me.

Karen
09-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Try not having any appropriate fall clothes/winter clothes! I lost 11 lbs so whatever I had last fall doesn't fit me anymore! :eek:

Rachel, if they are clothes you really like, ask if anyone you know has a mother who sews, or even check with a local tailor about getting them taking in! It might be worth it, and be less expensive than a new wardrobe, especially for blue jeans. Shirts that are too big one can always tuck in, but jeans and slacks don't really work when they are too big!