PDA

View Full Version : September 11, 11 years later

Karen
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
We will never forget that day, and today is a sunny Tuesday, just like that day began. Thinking of everyone who lost friends and relatives that day, or is still feeling the after effects of those events. The world changed that day, and we will never forget.

Alysser
09-11-2012, 03:22 PM
It's so crazy that it was 11 years ago. I was in 3rd grade. My Dad was on an airplane, and his work building was hit by one of the falling towers. He sure was lucky. Remembering the ones who weren't as lucky.

Cataholic
09-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I spoke to J about this. It was the first real tragedy that I remember. And, it was like it was last year, not 11 years ago. So heartbreaking, so hard to explain to an 8 year old why someone would do this. Really, it isn't explicable, is it? Ideology? Suicide bombers? Religion?

Karen
09-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes, it is hard to believe it has been so long. Lady's Human was home that day, as his daughter was just a weeks weeks old. It is amazing knowing she is now 11 years old, and will learn about in school some day.

pomtzu
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM
It's still so vivid in my mind - like it happened yesterday. I don't think that anyone who was old enough to understand what was happening, will ever forget it. I remember watching in horror as it unfolded - not wanting to see it, but unable to look away.

luvofallhorses
09-11-2012, 05:45 PM
My brother and I were waiting to go to school that morning. I was in the 9th grade, he was in the 10th grade. We stared in shock when it happened on tv at home.

Then we got to school and the 2nd plane crashed. All we did was watch the news in school that day, I remember it like it was yesterday as well. Hard to believe it has been 11 years. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones that day. I have much respect for the firefighters who did lose their lives that day and the ones who didn't. Do not forget the search and rescue dogs as well as the therapy dogs that helped people through rough times. Such a horrible tragedy.. :(

Freedom
09-11-2012, 05:53 PM
I was disappointed in the lack of TV coverage this year. We had the Today show on from 8 AM on and they didn't mention it once. Not even at the Minute of Silence for when the first plane struck. :(

Tonight's national news gave it the first 2.5 minutes.

I remember watching in horror as it unfolded - not wanting to see it, but unable to look away.

Me too ... and for days afterwards too.

Last month, I finally read "Top of the World, The Cantor Fitzgerald Story of 9/11." Kept meaning to read all these years. It is very well written; brought it all back and put me in a 3 days depression.

kaycountrygal
09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
It was a horrible event and I feel sorry for all the people who died and for the relatives and friends of those killed. I was at home and when I heard the headline I thought "surely there were no passengers on the plane". It just boggled my mind and made me feel uneasy as more planes crashed and tv was saying the planes had passengers and many people were killed in the crashes. It was hard for me to believe that anybody would be mean enough or crazy enough to hijack planes full of people and crash into buildings. I still find it difficult to believe that people would do that--unbelievable. I remember I watched tv continually to see what was happening.