PDA

View Full Version : why did you pick your name?

toughCookie
11-20-2002, 09:43 PM
what made you choose the pettalk name that you did? some use their own names, so thats obvious, but why the other ones? "so-n-so"s mommy is pretty clear too.

I chose toughCookie because of my cat Cookie who died last Feb., she went thru so much so I nicknamed her toughCookie.

Karen
11-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Mine is my first name, so it was an easy choice!

Fuzzy317
11-20-2002, 09:54 PM
"Fuzzy" has been a nickname for me since early 80's, and 3/17 is my birthday. Its also been my name on most email services. I was used to being Fuzzy317 so I just stuck with that, call me lazy :D

All Creatures Great And Small
11-20-2002, 10:09 PM
I think I've posted this on another thread somewhere, but I figured since I love a wide range of animals from mules down to rats, that I love All Creatures Great And Small - but I didn't realize I'd have to type it in each time to login:rolleyes: and it's kind of long. I guess people can call me ACGAS (ack! gas!) if it's easier:p

Cataholic
11-20-2002, 10:16 PM
At work, I am one of a very very few non-catholics. One of my bosses calls the really really catholic people, "cathoholic"..so, I became catoholic...because of my love of cats!!

Uabassoon
11-21-2002, 01:11 AM
My email address is Uabassoon.. I guess I choose it because I go to UofA and play bassoon. And it's been my AOL screen name for a few years now.

wolf_Q
11-21-2002, 01:55 AM
I love wolves, and my last name starts with a Q. I've had this screen name ever since we've had the internet........I have a few others, but I always seem to come back to this one. :) I like being wolf Q :D

popcornbird
11-21-2002, 02:07 AM
I got my name because, well,..................my bird's name is Popcorn, he looks like a popcorn (in my opinion since he's all white and yellow................reminds me of buttery popcorn :D) and both my birds LOVE to eat popcorn, so hence the name popcorn. As for the bird, of course my pets are birds, so I chose to put my screen name as popcornbird. My uncle calls my birds popcornbirds for some reason, so that was another reason as well.

Nomilynn
11-21-2002, 03:03 AM
Nomi is my nickname (my first name is Naomi) and my middle name is Lynn :D

Terminalvelocity
11-21-2002, 06:10 AM
I was in the process of signing up and thinking hard about a name. Nothing was coming to mind except how these four monsters could run so fast chasing each other. Terminal Velocity came to mind, so that's what went down on the form. Oh well....

trinity
11-21-2002, 07:05 AM
My husband and I belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism and the name I use for that is Trinity Munro...it works....;)

Cataholic
11-21-2002, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by trinity
My husband and I belong to the Society for Creative Anachronism and the name I use for that is Trinity Munro...it works....;)

HELP!! According to my dictionary, an anachronism is an err in chronology...or chronogoically incorrect..what do you do in this society???

11-21-2002, 08:25 AM
I am "LUT" ... is short for "Lutgarde" , my full first name ; which I NEVER use , because I hate it !!

smokey the elder
11-21-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
I think I've posted this on another thread somewhere, but I figured since I love a wide range of animals from mules down to rats, that I love All Creatures Great And Small - but I didn't realize I'd have to type it in each time to login:rolleyes: and it's kind of long. I guess people can call me ACGAS (ack! gas!) if it's easier:p

You can have it set up for automatic log-in. That's what I did.

smokey the elder
11-21-2002, 08:44 AM

Cool! I've been in SCA since 1979, all over the place.

trinity
11-21-2002, 08:44 AM
Basically we do the Middle Ages kind of like the Cival War re-enactors do...well, the Civil War. We try to recreate the best parts of the Middle Ages and have a blast doing so. Check out www.sca.org for a bunch more info.

smokey the elder
11-21-2002, 08:45 AM
My nick comes from a RB cat that had a lot of special needs, Smokey. She became Smokey the Elder when another cat came to me and said her name was Smokey, too!

Chinadoll
11-21-2002, 08:46 AM
Chinadoll was a nickname given to me by the ladies in the accounting office of the club I used to work at. They said I looked like one of those porcelain chinadolls.

tuxluvr
11-21-2002, 09:22 AM
I tried not to be so obvious with my screen name, but what can I say? Iyam what Iyam, crazy in love with those tuxedo kitties!

tuxluvr
11-21-2002, 09:25 AM
Basically we do the Middle Ages kind of like the Cival War re-enactors do...well, the Civil War. We try to recreate the best parts of the Middle Ages and have a blast doing so. Check out www.sca.org for a bunch more info.

So, this means you do the whole fire-roasted turkey leg-in-hand thing while wearing swatch watches and Nike shoes?? :D ;) Just teasing - this actually sounds fascinating - didn't know there was such a thing. One of my best friends and I share a favorite pastime in watching "period" movies and counting the number of "anachronisms"...like how many of the warriors in Ben Hur had Timex watches on their wrists? :)

Zippo_Punk_Cat
11-21-2002, 09:33 AM
--||Zippo||--

I picked my name 'Cus my kitty's name is Zippo and she looks cool so I came up with punk and well she's a cat!. lol. :p

Cataholic
11-21-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
One of my best friends and I share a favorite pastime in watching "period" movies and counting the number of "anachronisms"...like how many of the warriors in Ben Hur had Timex watches on their wrists? :)

I do that too! One of my faves is to catch clocks in the background..and then notice hours pass, according to the clock, but the scene is only ten seconds long...I just never knew it was called anything...hmmmm..

wolflady
11-21-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
...I guess people can call me ACGAS (ack! gas!) if it's easier:p

LOL LOL Ack!! Gas!! That's usually my response when the furkids drop a bomb! ;) LOL LOL
I love your screen name though!:)

I picked wolflady because I love wolves and did a lot of volunteer work with them when I was in college. It was the greatest experience! I'd love to work full time with them someday.
All of my friends started referring to me as the wolf lady and it just stuck. :)

tuxluvr
11-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

I do that too! One of my faves is to catch clocks in the background..and then notice hours pass, according to the clock, but the scene is only ten seconds long...I just never knew it was called anything...hmmmm..

Yet another reason to engage in Pettalk - it's educational!!

lynnestankard
11-21-2002, 12:36 PM
I got stuck with this - 'cos when I was filling in the details - I got confused - don't laugh at the back - very old lady here!
So I submitted with my name and not my username!

Lynne

jenluckenbach
11-21-2002, 08:19 PM
no imagination, I guess. Just me...like it or leave it.:p

All Creatures Great And Small
11-21-2002, 09:23 PM
WE LIKE IT, JEN! :D :D :D

Miss Meow
11-21-2002, 11:22 PM
It was the first one that was accepted as being unused :)

I tried variations of my first name, but they were taken so I ended up with this.

LoudLou
11-22-2002, 02:20 AM
Louie is our Pembroke Corgi and well,.... HE IS LOUD :D ;) but, we and The Meezer Beans love him anyhoo.

Lillycat
11-22-2002, 04:34 AM
i made sure i read alllll the posts in this thread....so i could be "original" about my name......but just couldnt come up with a good come-back.....i am lilly and i love cats and the name was accepted....worked for me! at my school tho, i am known as "the catlady".....i take home the kitties "dropped off" there......i am glad i can be around to do that.....one of them is cataholics tenny...the lawyer type....remember him?....the rest of them are striped babies and are home here w/me.;)

wayne0214
11-22-2002, 07:31 AM
Although I use other names on different sites, I chose wayne0214 for Pet Talk, because Wayne is my middle name, and the 0214 is my birthday, Feb. 14th. There are plenty of waynes on the log-in internet, but none with numbers following them.

......wayne

Vio&Juni
11-22-2002, 07:58 AM
Vio is the short name for my name - Viorica (I bet you don't know how to pronounce it :D ), so I use the short name when I present myself to foreigners (for some it's very difficult to say). Normally, only friends call me Vio. I chose Vio&Juni, because as Juni thinks, I am her equal.

Wayne is my middle name, and the 0214 is my birthday, Feb. 14th So, you're a Valentine?!

smokey the elder
11-22-2002, 09:08 AM
OK, I'll bite. Is it Vee-oh-reet-sa?

Vio&Juni
11-22-2002, 09:30 AM
It's Vee-o:-ree-ka. It's like you would say it in Italian. Btw, our language it's Romanian (right, from Romans) and it's a Latin language, very close to Italian and Spanish. My name is a blue spring flower, I believe it's a bluebell.

Vio&Juni
11-22-2002, 09:32 AM
Kind of bluebell, it's more like a violet, still violet it's different.

Kitty_Doggie_Luver
11-22-2002, 10:45 AM
:confused: Hmm....I love kittys and doggies! ;) :rolleyes:

catland
11-22-2002, 02:09 PM
I had been trying to think of a suitable name before signing up - I had been browsing Pettalk as a guest for some time.

My husband and I made feeble attempts to grow a vegetable garden in our back yard. But there are so many trees that there just wasn't enough hours of sunlight.

So this last spring, we changed the area to create a kitty playground. My husband had created a wooden structure to hold a bench - but we never used it so we cut it down a bit, transplanted some ornamental grasses from the front yard and created our kitty playland. Once day I called it "Catland" and that was when I knew what my name would be. (top row, left to right is Jan and Quincy, bottom row left to right is Sid and Joxer and yes, I had to put them all up there to get a picture)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/p7c8162525343eb74d16855f920518192/fd0b04ab.jpg

Cataholic
11-22-2002, 02:27 PM
My next vacation location? CATLAND!!! Cause it looks so fun!!!

jenluckenbach
11-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Hey catland..........how'd that tortie get in that sea of blue?????

Looks like a fun place to live.