PDA

View Full Version : LABRADOR PUPPY in December!(new picture now added: post #40)

CountryWolf07
09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
In fact, CHRISTMAS EVE, we will have a puppy. :) We will be bringing home a male fox red Labrador. I think you may remember I made a post about a puppy over the summer that we would've been getting one THIS MONTH but we decided not to and we wanted to wait a couple more months until we're absolutely ready. And we will be. He will be our Christmas gift to the both of us. It's perfect timing. We are really looking forward to it. Meet the parents!

Troy:

http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/TROYSTANDDECK.jpg

http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/TROY_2_opt.jpg

Juno:

http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/JUNOFRONT_opt.jpg

http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/JUNOFACE_opt.jpg

We've met these dogs - INCREDIBLE personalities, extremely smart and laid back. Exactly what we want. Now the hard part is, we will be thinking of names!

Just wanted to share the exciting news! It will be so nice to have a dog again! I miss NOT having one. It's been too long without one. :)

Freedom
09-07-2012, 06:37 PM
How exciting! Enjoy this anticipation lol.

chocolatepuppy
09-08-2012, 05:10 AM
Yay! A new puppy and on Christmas Eve! :love:

Alysser
09-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Wow, thats awesome!! I can't wait and I'm so happy for you. The dogs are beautiful:)

Taz_Zoee
09-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Wow, beautiful dogs. I love the big blocky heads. I am excited for you and can't wait until December either. :D I can't remember, do you want a male or female?

CountryWolf07
09-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Wow, beautiful dogs. I love the big blocky heads. I am excited for you and can't wait until December either. :D I can't remember, do you want a male or female?

I'm very excited. So is Mike. We really miss not having a dog here. We always talk about kidnapping Dozer for the weekend. I would for Hank as well, but we both know, we can't. ;) So, we both want a male. We have a POSSIBLE name, but we'll think of others. We may name him "Gibbs", after NCIS. I'm more leaning towards Woodruff, or Woody. But Mike isn't really hot on that idea. So, we have a while before we bring him home. We will be bringing him home BEFORE Christmas Eve. I just found out about it yesterday. We will be looking at the puppies when they are a couple weeks old and the breeder wants to make sure we fit with the right puppy.

kittycats_delight
09-08-2012, 11:15 AM
Beautiful dogs....love love love their color. As for the name....why not combine the 2 you like and call him Woodruff Gibbs. If you are like most you have a bunch of different names for your dog anyway and this way you can use either. Both you and Mike are happy and you also have an original name as well.

Taz_Zoee
09-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm very excited. So is Mike. We really miss not having a dog here. We always talk about kidnapping Dozer for the weekend. I would for Hank as well, but we both know, we can't. ;) So, we both want a male. We have a POSSIBLE name, but we'll think of others. We may name him "Gibbs", after NCIS. I'm more leaning towards Woodruff, or Woody. But Mike isn't really hot on that idea. So, we have a while before we bring him home. We will be bringing him home BEFORE Christmas Eve. I just found out about it yesterday. We will be looking at the puppies when they are a couple weeks old and the breeder wants to make sure we fit with the right puppy.

My co-workers dog is Jethro! :D I think Gibbs would be better for this dog though. And Woody is cute too! You might find one fits the puppy better than the other once you get to meet him.

CountryWolf07
09-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Woodruff Gibbs sounds good to me. I know, it's fun to think of names right now but we probably won't name him until we bring him home and give it a day and see what his personality is.. but I think we will know before we do bring him home. We will be meeting the puppies a couple times before we decide on who goes home with us! :)

Karen
09-08-2012, 01:27 PM
You may want to think hard about the timing of bringing him home! If you have big family events Christmas Eve and Christmas, it might be better to wait until the 26th to bring him home, just so you have plenty of time to help him adjust to his new life!

CountryWolf07
09-08-2012, 02:32 PM
You may want to think hard about the timing of bringing him home! If you have big family events Christmas Eve and Christmas, it might be better to wait until the 26th to bring him home, just so you have plenty of time to help him adjust to his new life!

He will be fine. Both of our families are dog friendly so it doesn't matter. We don't do much on Christmas Eve/Day anymore anyway. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-09-2012, 04:45 PM
How exciting Rachel! You know I love Labradors ;) I saw a fox red colored yellow Lab today and I thought of you! I'm so happy for you and Mike!

Sowa
09-10-2012, 11:42 AM
I love this color of Lab, I can't wait to see pictures!!

CountryWolf07
10-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Juno is expected to have a litter by October 23rd, which is next week! Wow, time flies. Just in two months, we will be bringing home our little guy! No names decided yet. We will start looking at the puppies in mid-November and figure out which one is the lucky one to come home with us.

Pictures of the PAST litters:

http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/pose4.JPG.w560h379.jpg

http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/LOOKATME.JPG

JUNO as a puppy:

http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/JUNO1.JPG

TROY as a puppy:

http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/IMG_0151_opt.jpg

Freckles
10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
How about Leroy?
(Jethro Gibbs)
Ends with a vowel sound

CountryWolf07
10-17-2012, 01:22 PM
How about Leroy?
(Jethro Gibbs)
Ends with a vowel sound

I really like Leroy, it's a good fit! It's on the list along with the other options. :)

CountryWolf07
10-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Well.... We seem to really agree on a name from "A Christmas Story", which is Ralph or "Ralphie" after the main character of the movie. Seems fitting and it's a week before Christmas when we bring him home, so it is pretty appropriate. Still up in the air, meanwhile, the momma dog is expected to have her litter this week.

luvofallhorses
10-22-2012, 03:45 PM
How exciting!! Dixie was a Christmas-time pup too even though I adopted her. :)

Sowa
10-22-2012, 05:18 PM
They're so cute!

kaycountrygal
10-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Oh My Goodness! What adorable puppies!! I'm sure you can't wait.
Names.... Christmas names.... Jingles... Rudolph.... Donner or any of the reindeer LOL

CountryWolf07
10-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Well, puppies were born on the 19th! Six girls and one boy. Who is ours? The boy! So there's no having to decide on choosing. He will be coming home with us. We will meet him on the 17th of November when he is 4 weeks old then bring him home at 8 weeks old on December 7th. So far, he is healthy and already 4oz! So I'm thinking we might have to re-think the name idea now since he's the "only" boy of the litter! :)

Karen
10-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Congratulations on your pup having made it safely into the world!

luvofallhorses
10-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Yay! Does your breeder have any pics of them right now we could see? :)

CountryWolf07
10-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Yay! Does your breeder have any pics of them right now we could see? :)

Not yet, but I am thinking about e-mailing him. Should I? He told us that we can go see him on November 17th and anytime after that. He also let us know that his dew claws were removed as well and he will be microchipped and have all of his shots that's required before he comes home with us. :)

Bonny
10-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Congratulations on the arrival of your new boy pup along with his siblings the girls. Both of the parents are beautiful looking dogs. :)

CountryWolf07
10-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Meet our little guy, at 1 week old!

gemini9961
10-25-2012, 09:48 PM
He's really cute!!

Alysser
10-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Beyond adorable!!:D:love:

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2012, 12:45 AM
He sure is a cutie pie.:) One question that I do have though. If all of the puppies had been females, would you still be adopting one from this breeder now or would you have waited for a different litter to be born? I guess you're very lucky that at least one male was born and that no one else had been waiting for a male puppy from this breeder before you.;)

CountryWolf07
10-26-2012, 07:38 AM
He sure is a cutie pie.:) One question that I do have though. If all of the puppies had been females, would you still be adopting one from this breeder now or would you have waited for a different litter to be born? I guess you're very lucky that at least one male was born and that no one else had been waiting for a male puppy from this breeder before you.;)

Well, we had met with the breeder back in July! We mentioned we were very interested into a male and originally was going to get a puppy in September. He kept that in mind. So I guess in a way, we got lucky there was ONE boy. That just means, we don't need to choose between two boys. Just makes the whole process easier. So, IF it had been all females, we would just have gotten a female. Now 7 more weeks to go! :) He is a very nice guy, he called us last night to make sure we got pictures of the little guy and that he will have pictures up on the website as time goes on. That he's very happy that we are excited and looking forward to having him with us and watch him grow and become this great family dog.

happylabs
10-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Oh my gosh...Oh my gosh...OH MY GOSH!!!!! I love the Fox Reds. They are just so beautiful! Cannot wait until you get the puppy to see pics. This is so exciting!!!

kaycountrygal
10-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Oh My Goodness! ADORABLE! CUTE! PRECIOUS! a love bug for sure! I love little kittens and puppies

Bonny
10-26-2012, 06:45 PM
What a beautiful little pup he is. Congratulations :)

CountryWolf07
10-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks everyone! :) We may have decided on a name for now - after "The Christmas Story", it would be Red Ryder, but Ryder for short. :) (after the BB toy gun!)

*LabLoverKEB*
10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Ahhhh!!! He's SO CUTE!!! I'm so excited for you two!!!!:D I LOVE the name, btw!

Roxyluvsme13
10-28-2012, 10:41 PM
He is so darn cute. I'm excited for you to bring him home so I can see all the multitudes of pictures you're going to share with us ;). I think Ryder is a perfect name for him!

CountryWolf07
10-29-2012, 09:38 AM
No updated pictures yet, but I sure hope you guys are ready for the pictures I will take when we go see him at 4 weeks old. ;) We thought about Ralphie, but I wanted a more original name, so Ryder is it. So hopefully that won't change but we will see if it will fit him when we go meet him!

dab_20
10-30-2012, 06:38 PM
He is simply adorable!! I cannot wait to see more pictures of your precious baby. Red fox labs are so gorgeous. I also LOVE the name you chose. My cousin actually named her little boy (skin baby :p) Ryder. It's unique and fits your pup perfectly.

CountryWolf07
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Week 2: http://www.highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/redboy_opt.jpg

We've decided on name. His name is "Red Ryder" but RYDER for short. :) I believe, week 3, his eyes open! Eager to see a updated picture then before we know it, we will go see him on Nov. 17th/18th.

CountryWolf07
11-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Week 3:

Ryder's eyes are open! Next weekend, we will go see him and visit. I'm amazed how much he's grown in a week! I'll be sure to have more than just one picture of Ryder, plus his siblings. :)

http://highlandlabradors.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/red2.JPG.w300h200.jpg

wolf_Q
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM
So cute! And the name is perfect. :)

Bonny
11-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Ryder has doubled his size from two weeks ago. He is so cute :)

CountryWolf07
11-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Four more days until we meet Ryder and his litter mates! :) Can't wait. I know I'll be taking lots of pictures of the little guy and his sisters. If his parents are there, I'll do the same.

Casper
11-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh my, I didn't know you were expecting a new addition! Ryder is downright adorable. :love: I can't wait for you to meet him so we get more pictures!

CountryWolf07
11-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Oh my, I didn't know you were expecting a new addition! Ryder is downright adorable. :love: I can't wait for you to meet him so we get more pictures!

Thank you! Can't wait to introduce you guys to Ryder.

RobiLee
11-14-2012, 06:41 PM
very happy for you! Can't wait to see all the photos and hear all the puppy tales as we get to watch him grow up. Love the name too!

CountryWolf07
11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
very happy for you! Can't wait to see all the photos and hear all the puppy tales as we get to watch him grow up. Love the name too!

Thanks Robin! :)

Meanwhile, today I just bought Ryder his dog tag. It's offical. Can't wait to give him that name.