PDA

View Full Version : Announcing to the world when it is litterbox time

Abby&Buddy'sMom
09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
This usually only occurs in the middle of the night when we are all sleeping:mad:. Buddy:love: will sit about 5 feet away from his litterbox and announce VERY loudly :eek:.....(remember he is Siamese) to everyone that he is about to go into the litterbox. It is a VERY loud OW - WOW ... OW - WOW !! over and over till someone yells at him to stop it, which he does do. This usually is before he does a poo in the box. Does anyone else have a kitty that does this too, or is this a Siamese trait. Abbigail:love: does not do this:) , ever.

cassiesmom
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Thank you, Buddy for giving ... uhmmm ... a warning! At our house Cassie does the "scratch and stink". I hear her dig, dig, dig and then - phew! She used to do a kitty sprint out of the litter pan and down the hall, but not anymore. Her stools do have less of an odor now that she is eating senior food.

Bengalz
09-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Oh yes :rolleyes: a certain little fuzzy someone not only announces her intention, she wants company :p sometimes at 4:00 am!! Mommy and Eve have "powder room time" according to Eve's Dad:).

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2012, 01:02 AM
I have one too. I've had Pearl since she was a kitten and she almost always has to meow loudly when she's using the litter box. At first I thought that she was in pain but no she just wants everyone to know that she's either going pee or poo.:rolleyes: Pearl is also a very chatty cat but she is a Lynx Point Siamese mix.

Now Sky will do the scratching on the sides of the litter box and I some times have to tell him that's he done and to get out of the litter box. He'll some times do this late at night or in the wee hours of the morning while I'm trying to sleep. I have 2 litter boxes back in my bedroom now.

catmandu
09-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Moose the MagnfiCat woud meeow over and over as he circed his litter box, and then he would make a grand enterance!!
He is My Dear Dear Cat Angel:love::love::love:

Catty1
09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Cole likes to announce his accomplishment post-box. :rolleyes::D Silly creatures - what would our lives be without them?:love:

Laura's Babies
09-08-2012, 11:05 AM
LOL! Now THAT is funny!!! Never heard of a cat that does that...OMG! In the middle of the night? :rolleyes:

Abby&Buddy'sMom
09-09-2012, 05:58 AM
Yep... in the middle of the night he says a very loud OW-WOW !!! :eek: