PDA

View Full Version : How do you manage your online mail accounts?

Freedom
09-05-2012, 07:59 AM
I am overwhelmed.

I have over a hundred messages in my Inbox (all read, most replied to but not all); and over 200 in my SENT box.
Here on PT, I have dozens in my IN box and more in my outgoing box.
And I am on a bichon forum, a dog forum, Prius Chat, and all of THOSE have both an inbox and a sent folder.
Then there is Facebook, TONS of stuff on there!

Periodically I go in and just delete everything in a folder, and let it start over. And pray I didn't lose anything I really needed. :rolleyes:

How do you deal with it?

kaycountrygal
09-05-2012, 08:14 AM
My Goodness! It's a wonder you have time to post here (or do anything) with all that email, forums, groups, facebook,etc. I dont have that problem because I dont have much email which is fine with me. I auto delete mail (do not open it) I dont know such as spam stuff. Also on both accts, if I dont recognize the person/place or have some clue who it's from, I do not open it and it goes into the trash. I try to keep my two email accounts for certain things; one is for mail I really want. The other one is where most of the spam and unwanted mail goes. I try to be very careful giving out my email address and do not put myself on many lists and I still get unsolicited ad email but nothing like yours. Good Luck!

Karen
09-05-2012, 10:56 AM
On Pet Talk, and other forums that use vBulletin software, you can download all your message to a text file. I do that before I do any mass deletions, just so I know I have a copy of anything important.

I get lots of email every day, read and respond to each as they come in, otherwise it would get overwhelming, I am sure!

moosmom
09-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Being in rescue, I am inundated with emails. If I can help, I certainly do. But the majority of them I delete. A LOT of spam.

happylabs
09-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Delete daily or at least weekly.

Freedom
09-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Kay, none of what I am talking about is spam!!! LOL

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Luckily I don't get a lot of e-mail. I am linked to whatever thread I've posted on PT so I can go back to that thread and read more posts if I want to. I'm also linked to posts on FB where I respond or new ones in the Pet Talkers group. I just go through them daily and delete most of it and save what I want to.