PDA

View Full Version : Hard to believe...........

pomtzu
09-04-2012, 06:56 AM
This doesn't really have to be in the Dog House - I just chose to put it here.

Today is an anniversary for me - sorta. If I had stayed married (divorced 6 years ago), I would be "celebrating" :rolleyes: my 50th wedding anniversary. I was a child bride, of course. :D Would I do it all over again? Maybe - but with a whole lot of changes. I got one great kid out of the deal, and of course the awesome grandkids wouldn't be here without him. So I'm pretty fortunate afterall!

I wonder if my ex remembers what today is? I doubt it!!!!! :mad:

Freedom
09-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Well, you were together a long time as well. (Not some 2 week marriage and separated in week 3, divorced in week 4) So it is natural for you to notice the date.

kaycountrygal
09-04-2012, 07:46 AM
You sound as if you're a happy contented person and that's good ... plus you have grown child and grandkids--not bad at all. Let me include your darling furbabies too. A good life!

moosmom
09-04-2012, 07:59 AM
I wonder if my ex remembers what today is? I doubt it!!!!! :mad:

I highly doubt it. Guys are so stupid when it comes to that stuff. If I had stayed married, it'd be my 38th anniversary. The only good thing that came out of my marriage was my beautiful daughter, Amy Elizabeth.

Guys...can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.:p

Lady's Human
09-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I highly doubt it. Guys are so stupid when it comes to that stuff.

And women can't remember to check the oil in their cars, what's your point?

pomtzu
09-04-2012, 09:17 AM

Lamenting about my age. :eek:

And just watch it, young'un - or you won't get my secret recipe that I promised to send you!!! :p

Thanks for the reminder - my buggy is due for an oil change.

Karen
09-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I find that in every marriage, one person is in charge of remembering dates and numbers - and it's not always the female! It was in my parents' case, so after my mom died, we had to write down our birthdays for Pa, and I'll sometimes remind him by phone, too. It just was not his department! ;) They knew that at the beginning - they got married on her birthday, so he'd have two reasons to remember THAT date!

Edwina's Secretary
09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
If asked my anniversary I have to run to the room where the counted cross stitch my mother made hangs. I know the month and the year but can never remember the day! However, I am very good about remembering to change my oil!

Bengalz
09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Generally I remember dates, however, I have to do the maths in order to remember age, anniversary years, etc.:rolleyes:. As for the oil change ... well, that's why I have an awesome mechanic;) He calls or sends me an email to remind me :p. My husband usually forgets his own birthday :rolleyes: but is pretty darn good at remembering mine:D ... anniversary too :love:.

chocolatepuppy
09-05-2012, 05:25 AM
I would have been on 36 1/2 years about now. A few years ago my ex had other plans.:rolleyes: Oh well, that's why God made dogs and cats, right?:p

I can take car of my truck and my mower quite nicely thank you. ;)

mrspunkysmom
09-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Same here. I remember dates. My mom did, too. Remembered all maintenance dates. One brother though is terrible at it.

Lady's Human
09-05-2012, 08:27 AM
If all men are terrible at remembering anniversaries, then all women suck at anything mechanical.

Can't have it both ways, gals.

moosmom
09-05-2012, 10:58 AM
LH,

You're too funny!!

I can change a tire, change the oil, replace a headlight with the best of 'em. As far as remembering dates? Weeeelllll, let's just say I need a watch to tell me what day of the week it is. K????