PDA

View Full Version : Puppy had Hiccups

diane21
09-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Hi My 9 week old bull mastiff gets the hiccups (http://oneclickpets.weebly.com/) quite a lot mainly after eating but sometimes he just gets them randomly is this normal, or do I need to take him to the vets? I appreciate any help .

Karen
09-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Make sure he isn't wolfing down his food too quickly, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. His digestive system is still a work in progress! To slow his eating, you can get a large rock and put it in his bowl so he has to eat around it!

Steve Arnold
09-03-2012, 09:26 PM
My older dog got hiccups all the time when he was a puppy. I would just pat him on the back until they went away. I have no idea if what I did actually had any effect, but at least it felt nice. After the first couple of years it didn't happen much at all.

luvofallhorses
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Dogs usually get hiccups like us especially puppies. I wouldn't worry about it since it's normal.

Craftlady
10-02-2012, 08:39 PM
My friend told me "It's a puppys way of growing" like that theory! Gretchen is so cute when she gets the hiccups.

emc
10-13-2012, 12:38 PM
When my Chihuahua was a puppy a day didn't go by that she didn't get the hiccups. She's now 7 years old and rarely gets them.