PDA

View Full Version : our day away and some pics to share with you all..(not the kitties lol)

carole
09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
We had been planning a day trip to Rotorua, pronounced ROW TOE RU AH.,which is a tourist city, about an hour and half away from my city, lots to see and do, volcanic area, with hot pools, and very smelly, smells of sulphur, but i quite like it as it always clears my sinuses when down there.

I had won free passes to one of the parks called rainbow springs, and will share a few pics of our native birds,fish etc with you.

We had planned to go to paradise valley springs, a wildlife park and pat the baby lions,and then up the gondola to the cafe for lunch and spectacular views of the city and lake, and then a nice soak in the polynesian hot pools.

The day was going well, got away nice and early, nice sunny but brisk spring day, first day of spring her actually,and we had seen through the park, and we decided to go on the big splash, a kind of mini log flume,never been on it before and loved it, and then we were going to go to the bird show,unfortunately my whole day was ruined, as when i went to get off the moving little boat,i think i panicked , thinking i had better get off before i end up with one leg in the boat and one on the wharf and somehow i wrenched my shoulder and landed on my knees, i heard a mighty crunch and was in rather bad pain, so i ended up in accident and emergency, and it appears i may have torn my rotator cuff,which is just great,takes time to heal , i am told, and as i am right handed and of course it is that shoulder, it is difficult, however i can use my arm from my elbow down , so that is great, so on painkillers twice daily to reduce the inflammation and it is helping quite a bit.

Anyhow wanted to share the few pics we got and thought you might like to see them, enjoy.

carole
09-03-2012, 12:13 AM
sorry been having trouble with these pics

Karen
09-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Oh, Carole, you now join a host of athletes who have torn their rotator cuff! So sorry that happened, let the fur nurses do their work, okay?