PDA

View Full Version : NO NO NO NO NO!!!! :o(

Cookiebaker
11-20-2002, 07:01 PM
Oh I am so sad right now. My heart is breaking in two. I just went to feed my birdies tonight...I can't even type this. My Azure-birdie was on the bottom of the cage. I just can't even believe it. I played with them a bit last night, and he was happy & chirpy & eating. I did notice a dark spot on his beak for the past few days, but didn't think too much of it. I wonder now if he was sick and I didn't even notice. I feel so guilty for not being there. I'm just crying so much right now...and it's a sadness that Mark can't really enter into. I feel so alone. He was my little buddy...my little bird that helped me through a major depression a few years ago. When the rest of the world crashed around me, he would sing and say "I love you" no matter what. He was so funny, he could make me laugh at his silly antics. I was told by an "expert" that I would never ever tame him because he was too old. But Azure was the one to tame me...to teach me the patience of sitting quietly until he was ready to climb on my finger.

Azure, I'm so sorry for not being there for you. I miss you so much my buddy. I'm going to miss your cheerful chirps and your silly antics.

I'm crying so hard I have to go. Thank you, Pettalk for listening. I know that here, there are people who understand that this "wasn't just a bird." Thank you so much for understanding.

Aspen and Misty
11-20-2002, 07:04 PM
O I'm so sorry to hear that ::hugs:: of course he wasn't just a brid! He was your bidie and you loved him so much. I'm so sorry for you lose. I'm sure he knows how much ou loved him and even though you couldn't be there I'm sure he knows you wanted to. I'm so sorry.

Ash

Logan
11-20-2002, 07:07 PM
Oh my goodness. What a terrible shock for you. I'm so sorry you have lost your little friend and in such a tragic way. Please know that you and your little Azure bird will be in our thoughts and prayers tonight.

Logan :(

Cookiebaker
11-20-2002, 07:07 PM
http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/01azure.jpg
Here is a picture of my Bitty Bird, taken about a year ago.

Click Here (http://petoftheday.com/archive/2002/August/01.html) to see Azure's pet of the day tribute.

OH I miss you so much!!

CathyBogart
11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
*hugs* He was not 'just a bird', and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. I am so sorry for your loss. Don't feel guilty, you obviously loved him and he looks well spoiled in his picture.

jenluckenbach
11-20-2002, 07:32 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Oh, I am so sorry !!!! You have me crying. No pet, no matter how small is ever "just a ...." One of my most devestating losses was a mouse friend of mine, Jerry Springer. I know the love one can have for a pet. Grieve for your sweet birdie, and then allow the good memories to fill you with the love that you had. :(

tatsxxx11
11-20-2002, 07:33 PM
I'm crying too for you and your little Azure bitty boy:(:( He is so beautiful. I'm so sorry for you. He wasn't "just a bird." He was your friend, your companion, your first ever pet, the light of your life. I know how devastated you must be, how your heart is breaking, but please don't blame yourself. I'm sure he knew how very much you loved him. You wrote a beautiful Pet of the Day tribute to him and he must have been so very proud! And yes, just as you wrote, he was a very special bird:) He's flying free and happy now at the Rainbow Bridge and someday down the road, he'll be singing his sweet song to his Mom just as before. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm so very sorry:( {{{hugs}}}

AdoreMyDogs
11-20-2002, 08:15 PM
I am so sorry for your dear little boy :( He was absolutely gorgeous, and I can tell that he was much loved and I know that you gave him a very good life. I understand your pain, and I am so sorry that you have to go through this. Rest in peace, dear little one, and enjoy all the good places to fly and perch, and enjoy all the tasty things to eat at the beautiful Rainbow Bridge.

Peace and love to you tonight :( I am so sorry.

sasvermont
11-20-2002, 09:17 PM
((((((((((((((((Cookiebaker))))))))))))))

So sorry to hear about your little bird. I am sure he will be part of your heart forever.

You will be alright. It might take awhile, but you will be alright. We have all been there and will be back there.

Hugs from us all....

Karen
11-20-2002, 10:21 PM
Oh, my funny bird momma,
Don't be sad right now,
I know you don't have feathers, and couldn't ever fly with me,
But I know you have a birdie heart,
I just always knew it.

Oh, momma, don't be sad,
I knew you loved me every minute
And when I went to sleep that last time,
I knew you loved me still.

Oh, momma, don't cry to much,
I know you're feeling kinda blue,
But that's okay, blue is my color,
And I was blue but not sad
So you can be, too, right?

Oh momma, silly momma,
Don't cry, okay? Put on that CD
And you know I'll be dancing ...
You know how that makes you smile?
Any time you want, close your eyes,
And I'll dance in your heart, okay?

Oh, momma, don't miss me, because I'm right here.
Can't you feel my tickly birdie feet
Right here in your heart?
I knew you loved me every minute
I KNOW you love me every minute
And I'll be with you every minute
Always I'll be your bird, okay?

P.S. Did you know the sky at the Rainbow Bridge matches my bestest blues?

popcornbird
11-20-2002, 10:30 PM
OH NO!!!!!! You have me in tears now! NOOOOO! Not precious Azure birdie! Noooo! :( :( :( :( This is the second precious bird Pet Talkers have lost this week after ChrisH's Bonnie. :( I am SOOOOOOOOO sorry. :( :( :(I know how much you loved your precious Azure baby and you had him for so many years. I am so sorry. :( Since you said he was not sick, do you have any idea what must have happened? Birds almost always show symptoms before dying, unless it is because of teflon fumes, which can cause sudden death. Did you use any non-stick pans around the house that may have started to over-heat? Did you spray anything in the house? Did you use a teflon coated iron, or toaster or anything dangerous around Azure? I think you mentioned Rilla and Azure live in the same cage before. Although cockatiels are very gentle birds and usually don't harm other birds, even from different species, do you think she could have accidently hurt him in anyway? There is always a possibilty of disease, and even though there is much grief, for the sake of your other bird, I would advise that you disinfect the cage, and take Rilla to the vet immediately to check for any disease. If Azure birdie was ill, Rilla could have been exposed so please get her checked to be on the safe side. Birds are masters in disguise and many birds pretend they are fine when they are actually not feeling well. As sick bird will almost always show a change in droppings. How old was Azure? Maybe old age was a cause, but from what I remember, he wasn't very old. I am so sorry for your loss. Words cannot explain how much I feel for you. :( Please take care of yourself and take care of Rilla. Only time can heal the pains of such a great loss. And of course Azure was not JUST a bird. A bird can be the greatest companion anyone could have and every pet bird is valued by their family just as any other pet. Azure was a VERY special birdie. I think you said previously that he could talk. Not many budgies manage to talk. Azure will always be in your heart, and you in his. It will not be easy, but time will slowly heal the pains, and bring back memories of your sweetie bird Azure.

sammi
11-20-2002, 10:31 PM
I am very sorry for the pain you are feeling tonight. May your special bird rest in peace at the bridge.

zippy-kat
11-20-2002, 11:21 PM
Ohhh :( :( :(

They're never with us long enough are they? I am so sorry for the loss of beautiful Azure.

What a heart-wrenching day. :( :(

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers...
{{hugs}}

Nomilynn
11-21-2002, 02:51 AM
I'm so sorry about your loss. I was ok until I read Karen's poem and got to the dancing part and then I lost it too!!! :( My prayers are with you :(

11-21-2002, 03:10 AM
OMG , Azure , sweet little birdie ... ! I'm so sorry that Azure is gone to the RB ..! I understand how you are feeling : completely devastated and heartbroken ... . No matter how big or small , a birdie is a buddy , and when it's gone , it hearts like hell ...
Take care !!

ChrisH
11-21-2002, 05:06 AM
Oh no, I am so so sorry. :( I know how you are feeling. Besides what happened with my precious Bonnie, with the pain of that still so raw, I am remembering when, around 5 years ago I found my Edge bird in similar way. I am thinking that maybe Azure and my Bonnie will be flying together now, exploring the new place together with my Edge to show them the way...... oh boy, it hurts so much doesn`t it? got to go
love and hugs
chris

Tina
11-21-2002, 02:15 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your bird:( :( ((Hugs))

anna_66
11-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Anna, I'm so sorry I didn't see your post before now about losing your Bitty Bird. You must have been devistated.
If you need to talk you can pm me anytime.
I do like what ChrisH said about the both of your birds flying together now, it's a very nice thought.
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Anna

Vermontcat
11-21-2002, 03:28 PM
Cookiebaker, I am so sorry to hear about your loss of sweet little Azure bird.:(

luckies4me
11-21-2002, 04:23 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I too just lost both of my regular keets to a virus found in incooked vegetables! They died within minutes of eachother and it was heartbreaking. :(

It took the vet days to find out what was wrong and she said she had never seen a case like that before. Thank goodness they were able to do a necropsy on them or I never would have known.

Cookiebaker
11-21-2002, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much everybody for your support. Especially thank you for the poem, Karen...it made me cry all over again, but they were a different kind of tears...one of remembering and not so much aching loss. Maybe I'm not making any sense, but just wanted to say that it means a lot to me.

Today was the hardest of all. I woke up all happy this morning...and then turned over and remembered. It's a lot of little things that make me feel so sad...the packet of millet sitting on the coffee table that he will never eat...the Romaine lettuce sitting in the fridge that I buy because it's his special favorite...the curtain rod that he sits on while I make dinner is empty...and most of all the silence.

I am so thankful for this pet forum...It is so warm to be surrounded by people that have the same kind of love for pets that I have. I think a lot of our family think we are off our rockers and wouldn't understand...but it's so nice to feel like I belong...and surrounded by people who DO understand. So thank you again for your kind words.

Love,

Anna, Malone, Marigold & Rilla birdie.

gini
11-21-2002, 08:01 PM
Anna, you can be sure that you have come to the exact right place to share your huge loss. It is so very difficult when you have given your whole heart over to a pet - and then you feel as though you have lost them forever.

But as you read in Karen's beautiful poem - your wonderful bird is still running all through your heart and he always will.

I am so sorry for your shock and loss - I can only say that after having lost my cats over the years - that I understand how deep the hurt and pain can be.

We are all here for you.

Hugs from Gini

primabella
11-23-2002, 08:44 AM
oh, i'm so sorry for your loss! :(:(:(
its so scary because azure loks exactly like my female parakeet sky. what a beautiful bird. i hope you feel better...don't blame yourself

HoRsELUvR
12-01-2002, 12:53 PM
awwwwww,how sad!:'(im sorry about your bird