PDA

View Full Version : The Great Haggis Feast - Let's Make Plans

momcat
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
We're so due for another party. The Great Haggis Feast is coming up on September 17! With only a few weeks left, we have to decide what we want to do. Trenton's Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe called the other day offering their services and said any kitty wearing a tartan collar will get a discount on anything they make.

Do you have any ideas? If the Catmobile will be required for some travelling, we'll have to make the necessary arrangements. I've already started practicing on my fiddle again and I have it from a reliable source that the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet has been working on some new songs plus our Sparkler has learned some new and very impressive dance steps.

If you're interested, post in and share your ideas.

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
09-02-2012, 05:29 PM
YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are all SO in on this!!!!!

Piping and dancing away... We are so looking forward to being with all our friends again and enjoying the fabulous Haggis treats!

Sydney, Bob, Sparkler, and the gang :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Take my gang!!! Please!!!

The long, extremely hot summer has brought out the beast in my beasties!!! Pick pick pick!!! on each other and me. It's like being locked in a house with 5 eternal two year olds!!!

Chester, Grandma and I need a break from the youngin's and I'm sure they would love a change of scenery plus some fun time with their friends. :love::love::love:

moosmom
09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
After the last fiasco and still being in hot water from the bang out party while I was away, I'm hesitant to send any of my crew. However, right now no one is acknowledging my existence, which means I'll get the silent treatment until I relent.

So...PLEASE COME GET THEM!!! I'm tired of having to get Utchie and Isis down from the top of my bedroom door!!! Let me know what time the catmobile will be pulling up to our place and I'll have ALL their bags packed and ready to go!!

catmandu
09-04-2012, 09:24 AM
:love::love::love:
Haggis , lead us to it!!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

Bengalz
09-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Eve wants to know if Groucho is wearing a kilt :D she's not too sure about haggis ... however, highlanders definitely spark her interest ;). Such a girl!! I think she's in:D:D.

Pinot's Mom
09-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Eve wants to know if Groucho is wearing a kilt :D she's not too sure about haggis ... however, highlanders definitely spark her interest ;). Such a girl!! I think she's in:D:D.

Eve, my cuz, It'll be so great to have you on the trip! I'll make sure the Catmobile is set to come get you (I have connections - I am the co-pilot!). :) Love ya!

Purrs, Pinot

momcat
09-06-2012, 08:14 AM

Hi Eve! It's great to hear from you and I'm happy to know you'll be joining us. To answer your question, all members of the PT Kitty Bagpipe Quartet and their back-up Bobbie Burns Orchestra will most definitely be wearing their kilts, tartan collars, and don't forget our sunglasses. As for the haggis, it's a traditional Scottish treat and is really quite tasty. Try some, if you don't like it the master Scottish chefs at the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe will prepare another Scottish favorite for you and the others who don't really care for haggis.

By the way, do you need sunglasses or a tartan collar? If you do, be sure to contact Cassie or Pinot. No matter where we go or what we do, these fine kitty ladies always make sure they plan in a shopping trip.

Since the feast is on Monday this year, the Catmobile will be at my place Thursday or Friday so we can get a start on our much needed party. There's still time and plenty of room in the Catmobile if you want to come but haven't yet checked in. If there's something you want to do, something you want to see, or some place you'd like to go be sure to post in and let us know.

Pinot, are you okay with the maps? Is there anything I can do to help?

Your friend,
Groucho

moosmom
09-06-2012, 08:27 AM

SUNGLASSES???? Did someone say sunglasses?????

momoffuzzyfaces
09-06-2012, 03:48 PM
My gang are all packed, cell phones charged and the girls are ready for some serious shopping. (Frankie is still dragging his baseball glove around. Hope no one minds) :love:

Bengalz
09-06-2012, 06:51 PM
By the way, do you need sunglasses or a tartan collar? If you do, be sure to contact Cassie or Pinot. No matter where we go or what we do, these fine kitty ladies always make sure they plan in a shopping trip.

Your friend,
Groucho

A tartan collar!! would be awesome ... green please (to match my eyes:o). Mom says I can go shopping with the girls - how cool is that:cool::D!!

Purrs,
Eve

momcat
09-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi fellow kitties,
Well, the Great Haggis Feast is a week from tomorrow. We're all set with the Catmobile so we can leave pretty much any time. A lot of work has been done to fix my place up and I must admit it's pretty nice now (but don't tell my Meowmie I said that). Even though there's still more work to do putting things back together, Meowmie said anyone who wants can stay here until our plans are final.

Pinot, do you need anything or any help getting things together? Meowmie said there have been some big changes at Quakerbridge Mall, lots of new stores and eateries including the Cheesecake Factory. Maybe you and the kitty ladies would like to check it out.

Let us know what your plans are. Those of you coming by plane, let us know where to pick you up. Anyone coming by Amtrak can take the train to Trenton where you'll be picked up and brought to my place. For those we haven't heard from, it's not too late. Check in and let us know you're coming.

Your friend,
Groucho

phesina
09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
We're so THERE! and we can't wait for the Catmobile to arrive with all our friends and pick us up! And for HAGGIS.. what could be better?????

We were off line for a while yesterday and today, but now we're back.. We were afraid we might miss out on some of the fun...

Love from the Pipers and the Dancer and the rest of us (and the Maid)
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
09-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Hmmmm... the packages of cat treats are gone, my credit card is gone, Cassie's cell phone is gone and I think she is on her way to the Great Haggis Feast!

We would also like to know if everyone would please come to Chicago around October 19, give or take a couple of days. The Bears have a Monday Night Football game vs. the Detroit Lions on Oct. 22. Chicago is nice in October. We could go to the Art Institute, or if the weather is fine we could visit our big cat relatives at the zoo. The Catmobile gets preferred parking at Soldier Field, too!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-16-2012, 04:17 PM
My crew must be on the way too. It is so quiet without them. ahhh
(but I do miss them)

They can come to Chicago but MUST be home for Halloween. That is not a safe time for kitties, specially black ones to be out. I always feel better when they are home with me then. :love:

Bengalz
09-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Eve was especially cuddly all night - must be storing up the love to spread around:love:. This morning however she was out the door like a shot:rolleyes: ... sure hope she doesn't get lost:p. Groucho, if you could kindly let the meowmies and pawpies know their kids are OK, we would so appreciate your time :love::D.

momcat
09-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Groucho, if you could kindly let the meowmies and pawpies know their kids are OK, we would so appreciate your time :love::D.

Hi purrents,
Right now we're all in the Catmobile heading over to the Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe for a special breakfast buffet. Spencer said while we fill our tummies, his crew will fill the Catmobile with enough Scottish treats to last until we reach Ann Arbor for the ultimate Great Haggis Feast blow-out. Over the weekend, a few music majors from Trenton State came by to tune Ming's harp and get it into the Catmobile.

We'll be back on the road in a short while. Already the girl kitties all want to go shopping - no surprise there, I guess.

Auntie Phesina, We'll call you when the Catmobile is pulling in to Ann Arbor. Your Haggis In A Hurry Shoppe said to tell you they'll take care of everything including all the cooking and cleaning up.

Your friend,
Groucho

Bengalz
09-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Groucho you dear boy - thanks for giving a meowmie some comfort knowing all is well:love:. Have fun kitties and don't get into too much trouble;). Tell Evie mommy misses her:love:.

phesina
09-17-2012, 12:03 PM
All set here, looking forward to the arrival of the Catmobile!

dehlers43
09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Franklin and The Princess are tired of dealing with all the boxes (we're moving) so they ran out of here this morning, headed for the airport. Can the Catmobile pick them up?

Pinot's Mom
09-18-2012, 08:31 PM
All set here, looking forward to the arrival of the Catmobile!

Franklin and The Princess are tired of dealing with all the boxes (we're moving) so they ran out of here this morning, headed for the airport. Can the Catmobile pick them up?

Ummm....just sayin' - you might have lost track. According to Pinot, these kitties were picked up yesterday morning. The festivities began in earnest yesterday with lots of music and dancing. Eve and Pinot are inseparable from what I hear. Groucho tries to keep control of the girls, but... you know....

Check in all!

Bengalz
09-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Eve and Pinot are inseparable from what I hear. Groucho tries to keep control of the girls, but... you know....

Check in all!

:eek::eek::eek: Sounds like you have your hands full;):D. Think Pinot might like to come home with Eve for a "sleep over" ???:D Since I haven't heard from our little monkey girl I'm guessing she's having way too much fun:).

momcat
09-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Do they have their cell phones with them? I sent a message to Groucho and Pinot to get in touch with them and have the Catmobile pick them up.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I got a call from Winnie. At least I think it was Winnie. It was from her cell phone. All I heard was bagpipe music. Sounds like they are having a great time. :love:

dehlers43
09-19-2012, 11:24 PM
My two never leave the house without their phones.
However they rarely use them to call ME.....lol

momcat
09-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Okay fellow Catmobile purrents, an update!

Soncat got a call from Groucho today. All of our kitties are having a blast but are also on their best behavior. While I don't know any specifics, Groucho said the entire crew is coming here to welcome Soncat home after 2 months in the Dominican Republic. I knew something was up when Soncat asked to use my credit card saying he has to order some cheezburgers then took off. I'll let you know as things develop.

Bengalz
09-22-2012, 09:02 PM
How exciting!! What a wonderful reunion it will be too:love:. I now know why Eve was being so secretive when I asked her what she was up to today:p;).

cassiesmom
09-22-2012, 09:32 PM
My crew must be on the way too. It is so quiet without them. ahhh
(but I do miss them)

They can come to Chicago but MUST be home for Halloween. That is not a safe time for kitties, specially black ones to be out. I always feel better when they are home with me then. :love:

Dear Auntie MoFF, we will be sure everyone is safely home before Halloween. I did have a phone message from Cassie today but all I heard was "home", "cheezburgers" and purring.