PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo email

moosmom
09-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Is anyone having issues with Yahoo?? I hardly ever use it, but decided to go in and delete the MANY emails I got recently. I can't delete any of them! I can't even go in and read them! I ran a anti-virus program and it had 25 threats, which were immediately fixed. I use the Yahoo account for all the junk mail I get. Much easier.

So, for those of you who might be trying to contact me through Yahoo, use my comcast email. If you need the addy, PM me and I'll send it to you.

Freedom
09-02-2012, 09:32 AM
I use Yahoo as my main email -- don't have any other. I'm not having problems with it. All the spam goes in the spam folder; I quickly scan as once in a while something lands there which shouldn't, then I just delete them all.

I use Norton for my antivirus, so maybe this is one difference.

kuhio98
09-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I use Yahoo as my main email -- don't have any other. I'm not having problems with it. All the spam goes in the spam folder; I quickly scan as once in a while something lands there which shouldn't, then I just delete them all.

I use Norton for my antivirus, so maybe this is one difference.

Ditto...main account... no problems...Norton

moosmom
09-02-2012, 09:58 AM
I fixed the problem. I changed my password. Got rid of all 52 emails, mostly spam. I have Superantispyware. Love it. I tried Norton but it slowed my computer down.

A couple of weeks ago my daughter called to ask me about an email she received, supposedly from me. She told me what it said. It simply had a link which she made the mistake of opening. I told her it was NOT from me and someone probably hacked into my account and had a field day!!

pomtzu
09-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I have Google and recently had a problem, and I think it originated at the same time when someone tried to open a credit card in my name. After I notified the credit bureaus of a fraud attempt, I changed all of my passwords for everything, but I might have forgotten Google. Found out quite by accident that a good deal of the emails I was sending never made it to the recipient, yet as far as I can tell, I was receiving everything. I never would have known except for the fact that my SIL in FL called me and asked me what the (expletive) my problem was, and why wasn't I answering her mails. I was - she just wasn't receiving them. Fixed now tho............I think.

redbird
09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I have an email account with Yahoo as my second email. I have never had a problem with it so far and have had it for 5 or 6 years.

Laura's Babies
09-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I have yahoo and I use it for my main account. I change my password there often though..

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I have a yahoo account as my second e-mail address and I rarely use it. Last night I went there and I was able to delete anything I wanted to. Now I have had some strange e-mails sent to my main e-mail account from some of my FB friends. It'll have their name and then the title is "For You Tracey" and then it'll have a link to click on which is a virus. At least one of the e-mail addresses is from a yahoo address I deleted the others before looking for the address. I've learned to never click on a link unless you're sure it's safe.

Scooter's Mom
09-04-2012, 09:08 PM
I use yahoo as my primary email and have had no problems with it.
I also have a yahoo account that was my moms email account. I know she's been gone almost 11 years, but I still check in on that account about twice a month... I just can't let it go.

So I guess I have two yahoo email accounts with no issues.