PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here own and/or use a Roomba cleaning thingie?

sasvermont
08-30-2012, 05:25 PM
I have been thinking about getting one.

If you do use it, what are the drawbacks, if any? Is it worth the money, all things considered?

How often do you use it? How often do you empty the junk from it? Is it expensive to maintain, as in filters, brushes etc.?

Thank you!

Sas:D

pomtzu
08-30-2012, 05:29 PM
My SIL has one and hates it. Not at all good as a cleaning tool, and the only purpose it serves is to entertain the cat.

Edwina's Secretary
08-30-2012, 05:30 PM
I remember - some years ago - Gini got one and started a thread about it....

I ofund it...one of those long and fun ones. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?88719-I-must-be-out-of-my-mind!-Guess-what-I-bought!&highlight=Roomba

Laura's Babies
08-30-2012, 06:27 PM
I had one and LOVED it. Used it forever but it needs new rechargeable batteries and I haven't ordered them yet. It is good for a light floor cleaning in between the BIG cleaning with that BIG monster that terrifies the cats.. Mine use to love sitting on it while it was on the base charging and every now and then they would step on the "go" button and accidently start it. The shocked look on their face was priceless!!!

With 4 cats in a small house, mine often needed cleaning before it was finished. The brushes need cleaning often but to me it was worth it because it was doing what it was suppose to do.. It does not do a deep cleaning but it is noticable in the difference before & after and great for a hurry up job while you are busy doing other things.. You DO need to order extra parts if you use it as much as I used mine!

I got my Grand daughter one for her house warming gift and she loved hers too..

moosmom
08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
My friend has two of them and loves them. They're really not meant for MAJOR vacuuming, but to pick up dust, cat litter, etc.

When I worked at Bad Breath and Beyond, we got a lot of them returned because people thought they were the answer to no more vacuuming, contrary to popular belief.

Give me a good old vacuum anyday!!!

cassiesmom
08-30-2012, 09:55 PM
My mom and dad have one. They both have bad knees and have a hard time using an upright vacuum. The Roomba is good for touch-ups in between "serious" vacuumings.

thbaker41
08-31-2012, 12:29 AM
My wife found one at a yardsale and paid three dollers for it best three dollers she ever spent. It works great as long as you make sure you pick up all throw rugs likes to get caught in them. and plus the cat loves to watch it run around

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I have one, and I am very happy with it!! It takes a bit more time than a normal usual vacuumer, but it is much better for my back!!!
I clean it out after every use!!