PDA

View Full Version : Sissy was spayed a week ago

kaycountrygal
08-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Aug 29 2012
Hello,
Sissy was spayed a week ago today and is feeling better now. That little dog cant do anything easy. One of her ovaries had grown onto her pancreas and duodenum plus there was a lot of scar tissue from her intestinal operaiton the end of March. The vet said she felt as if her hands were huge while operating and separating everything. The spaying required extra time and the vet had to be very careful with her work. Because the spaying was more complicated than usual, Sissy came home on four meds... and very very sore. She finished them today. Poor little thing just started acting like her old self yesterday. I hope she never has to have another operation of any kind.

BTW Sissy will be 7 months old on Sep 1 and LilGirl is just now beginning to NOT go nuts every time that Sissy comes near her. There are still skirmishes but not as many. Maybe in another few months they will actually be friends. I can hope, cant I?... Kay in NC

Freedom
08-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Goodness, Kay, you must have been worried to hear all that! So glad she is healing and getting back to her "old" self. :love:

LilGirl will come around when Sissy outgrows her puppy energy - in about 20 years! Ha ha haaa.

Karen
08-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Glad she is feeling better, and all that is behind her!

pomtzu
08-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Poor Sissy! That little girl has had more than her share of serious issues in her short little life, hasn't she? :( Hopefully she's just getting them all out of the way now, and it will be smooth sailing from here on out and for many, many years! :)

So good to hear that LilGirl is starting to mellow, too. Maybe she's finally realizing that Sissy just might make a nice playmate in time, afterall.

Kisses and snuggles to all 3 girls..........:love::love::love:

lizbud
08-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Poor baby girl.:( Wow, I'm so happy to know that Sissy is feeling much better now.
You must have been so worried about the complications though. Sissy is sure due for
a long, long stretch of great health & happiness. I hope LilGirl & Sissy both mellow out
and become BFFs.:love: