PDA

View Full Version : The creative process has hit a furry crossroads

catnapper
08-26-2012, 07:47 PM
The baby shower for my youngest daughter is fast approaching. Thanks to the encouragement of others on here, I decided to design a baby blanket as a big part of my gift. The stroller, pac-n-play, and high chair all have blue elephants. So I decided to embroider some blue elephants on the blankie. Mikey was making the sewing part rather difficult tonight as he would not move.

Mikey decided this blankie is HIS.... if kitty looks could kill. I finally gave up and let him have the blanket for the night. I will finish the elephants tomorrow and work on a blue and gray border -- If he lets me :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/elephantcrew.jpg

Sigh.... I suppose he would consider it his because he's "helped" me every night this week and took to laying on it the moment it got big enough to fit his ample rump.

Anyone predict that I'll make an official Mikey blankie in the not too distant future? Maybe embroidered mousies?

And how much fun will I have painting the small leather storage cubes I got as another part of my gift? I am betting Trixie will take up resisence inside as I paint the outside. :p

Karen
08-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Hee hee - it wouldn't be an official catnapper blanket without at least a few cat hairs included, would it? ;)

cassiesmom
08-26-2012, 11:27 PM
He is a beautiful blankie model!

krazyaboutkatz
08-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Hee hee - it wouldn't be an official catnapper blanket without at least a few cat hairs included, would it? ;)

So true.:) I'm sure it'll turn out great and she'll love it.:)

moosmom
08-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Blue, huh???? You just gave it away. LOVE the blankie!!

Freedom
08-27-2012, 08:01 AM
LOL I can see why you had to stop work on the blankie! Please give a chin rub from me.

Bengalz
08-27-2012, 08:55 AM
As our little Evie would say "Mine!!" The stink eye look is a dead giveaway;). That blankie isn't going anywhere except under my furry butt:D:D.

pomtzu
08-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Awww - he's only just testing it out.

When I was still able to knit and crochet, cat and dog hair automatically became an integral part of the project I was working on. It always added just that little extra touch, and I always said it was part angora yarn that I had used. :p

catmandu
08-27-2012, 09:28 AM
But them again as we all know, everything that is in the home is the Cats!!:love::love:
Especially if it is good to eat, or soft to lie on!!
You will just have to start another blanket!!!;););)