PDA

View Full Version : Hermes Sneezing Blood Need to get him to a vet on Monday

Anikaca77
08-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Hermes was seen by a vet on Wed. Aug. 22 and he was given a Convenia shot because he has an Upper Respiratory Infection. Hemes started sneezing yesterday and all last night and he got blood on our sheets, he sneezed on me and I've attached photos of the blood that he sneezed on me. We've been giving him Lysine to help with his herpes. Hermes needs a dental done but we need to get him better before he can go under for that. Right now things are financially difficult as I explained in the chipin page that I've set up for him. If you wish to help Hermes, we'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you. Here is the link for the chipin page: http://newringgold.chipin.com/hermes-surgery546665466754668

moosmom
08-26-2012, 09:14 AM
He could've broken blood vessels in his nose. My cat Maya has chronic sneezing problems too and is also on Lysine. I went out and bought an air purifier at Good Will for $9 (looked it up on E-bay and it's a $60 purifier). The air purifier has worked wonders on her sneezing.

Please keep us posted on Hermes condition. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Catty1
08-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Prayers for Hermes! I hope it is treatable. This time of year you might be able to find air filtering machines on sale or maybe on Freecycle.

Get well soon, baby Hermes!:love:

Anikaca77
08-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks Donna and Cathy for your prayers :)

Little Man could use them. My sister gave us 2 air purifiers when she moved. So he has that one but I'm also going to put a humidifer in there next to see if that helps but I have a feeling from what I read online and from what the vet informed us too that it's probably all coming from his teeth since they are so bad.

krazyaboutkatz
08-27-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I've been dealing with the feline herpes eye virus for almost 2 months now. Since I have 10 cats, it keeps being spread around. Most of them have been on antibiotic eye drops at some point and also Lysine. I just started 8 of them on the Lysine again. The girls usually stay back in my bedroom and they're difficult so I won't give it to them unless I have to. My vet said that Lysine given long term hasn't been proven to help the feline herpes virus. I hope that Hermes will start feeling better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

catmandu
08-27-2012, 09:35 AM
There is nothing as upsetting as when our Beloved Cat Companions show signs of illness, we are so upset and nervous wondering what will happen when we get Our Fur Friends to Our Vet.
We are praying that Hermes is all right and that his healer could make him all well again.:love::love::love:

phesina
08-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Prayers for Hermes that this can be treated without too much trouble and he is well again soon.

God bless,

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

emily_the_spoiled
08-27-2012, 01:41 PM
I have been through this before (and am currently going through it again) with Conner. You are right, it was associated with his teeth. Poor Conner ended up getting all but three teeth pulled and he was much better.

Usually the humidifer helps but it takes a couple of days to work. Right now I have it going and that room is HUMID.

But I hope Hermes gets better...

moosmom
08-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Made an appointment for Maya's teeth to be done. The vet said she has a bad tooth in the back. I'll bet anything once she has a dental done and any bad teeth extracted, her sneezing will just about stop. Teeth affect the sinuses.

Let us know how you make out, Pinot's mom!

sallyandsnowx
08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Poor Hermes. :( I hope whatever this is can be treated very quickly.

Sending my prayers... :love:

Edwina's Secretary
08-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Edwina was sneezing blood a few years ago. When I was just about to take her to the vet she sneezed a blade of grass out of her nose. End of blood.

I too send positive thoughts to Hermes!

katladyd
08-27-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm sending up prayers and healing thoughts for Hermes.:love: