PDA

View Full Version : My baby turned 20 today...

carole
08-20-2012, 08:34 PM
yep my youngest melissa is no longer officially a teenager, gosh how time has flown, she is having a great birthday, she went off with her boyfriend to Taupo today, about 2 hours drive from our city, a lovely place by a picture perfect lake and mountains, not far from the snow if you want to go there, i was lucky enough to win some accomodation, entry to the hot pools and the huka jet boat ride, so they will be having a lot of fun.

here is a pic of the boat ride she will be going on tomorrow,and beautiful lake taupo, yep wishing i was there,the weather has been awful here, raining cats and dogs, but today the sun is out most of nz, so all good

Taupo is a geo-thermal area, and very tourist orientated, also a bit too close to the volcanoe that erupted a week or so ago, so hopefully it will be nice and quiet while she is there, it is a favourite place of mine, as i used to stay there as a child on my school holidays with my adopted aunty and uncle.It was also the first place we lived when we arrived from scotland, however it did not look like it does today, is a very pretty place ,lots of shops and things to do, was quite different in 1957.

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DARLING DAUGHTER, and i hope you are having a ton of fun!!!;):):love:

Karen
08-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Happy Birthday, Melissa! And congratulations, mama Carole!

carole
08-20-2012, 08:59 PM
thanks karen,yep another one to adulthood, and she is doing ok too!!

DJFyrewolf36
08-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Happy birthday to Melissa! The lake looks absolutely beautiful so I'm sure she enjoyed her day. :D

phesina
08-21-2012, 05:25 AM
Happy birthday, MELISSA!!!!!

happylabs
08-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Happy Birthday to your baby girl Melissa and congrats to you mom.

Wow...those pictures are beautiful! What a nice birthday she will have. :)

pomtzu
08-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Feeling old yet Carole??? I know the feeling - my grandkids just had big birthdays. Granddaughter turned 20 on the 11th, and grandson was 16 on the 15th. We're not really that old, are we????

Hoping Melissa had a wonder birthday.

moosmom
08-21-2012, 09:26 AM
Carole,

Your post BEAMS with pride. It's fun when they get to the age where you can be best friends with them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!

david p
08-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Happy birthday, Melissa! Congratulations on becoming an adult. Carole, I'll bet you and your husband are proud parents, too!

carole
08-22-2012, 02:54 PM
well yes my girl had a wonderful time, the jet boat ride was awesome, not that scarey she said at all, but pure fun, and the guide who incidentally was american, was fantastic, so much fun, so yes a great time and birthday, unfortunately clouded by the fact that where she works part time is being closed down, as they are not re-newing their lease, due to the owners of the mall being A****e, melissa has been the receptionist at the just cuts hairdressers part time for over four years and is one of their best, she will be at a meeting this friday, and hopefully will get offered some more hours at the other two in different malls, still she is looking for a change, so will probably just stay there until she gets something else, this was the news given to her on her birthday, she did know it would probably happen though,as was expected.,but a bit disappointing really.

She does want to get more experience in different fields, and this is her little job since high school, it helps her run her car and the like while she does her degree at university,so fingers crossed she gets some hours and a new job on the horizon.

carole
08-22-2012, 03:13 PM
thanks Bro, so far she has not done anything to make me feel any different except proud david, so long may it continue,she is a pretty good girl, we don't always see eye to eye on everything,but we are quite different personalitys, but yep love her to bits.:):love:

And as for feeling old, well not with my baby, but my eldest will be 31 this year ,now that does make me feel old,still he is embarking on new things, buying a house and getting married and hopefully babies after that, how exciting for us all.

BridgeLL
08-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Holy gorgeous lake! That looks wonderful! I bet she has a great time in the sun :) Happy birthday Melissa! Here's to no longer being a teenager! Lol.