PDA

View Full Version : How often do you tell your cats you love them? ;-)

Kirsten
08-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Just curious. I'm telling mine all the time that I love them so very much... :love: I'm sure they're tired of hearing it! :D

chocolatepuppy
08-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Every night before bed.(dogs too) I say a little prayer every day when I leave for work (or go anywhere) that my furkids will be safe while I am gone.
Of course I tell them other times too!:love:

katladyd
08-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Every day, several times a day. Next to my son, they are my heart.:love:

catmandu
08-18-2012, 09:19 AM
:love::love::love:
I tell my Found Hotel Cats and Porch Cats that all the time, and that is how I was able to put Terrance in a carrier and have him TNRED!!!
:love::love::love:
And everyday I go into a restaurant , I tell My Awesome Angels and Their Famiies how much I love them,and in the supermarkets that they can have everything that they want!!!
:love::love:
That makes me feel less alone.
:love::love:

Freedom
08-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Just about every time I look at them, lol! "Hi Bobby, luv ya!" It's Ebony, my love!"

moosmom
08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Every single day!!! They saved my life so I owe it to them to let them know how much I appreciate it.:D

pomtzu
08-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Every night before bed.(dogs too) I say a little prayer every day when I leave for work (or go anywhere) that my furkids will be safe while I am gone.

I do the same with my dogs - every time I leave the house. And of course at night when we hit the bed, it's mega hugs, I love yous, you're the sweetest little doggies in the whole wide world, and kisses-kisses-kisses and more kisses! :love::love::D

Taz_Zoee
08-18-2012, 11:20 AM
If I'm not telling them I love them everyday I'm at least saying how beautiful they are or that they are such a good boy or girl, or my favorite boy or girl (even though they are my only boy and girl cat....shhh, don't tell). And I'm pretty sure I give Taggart hugs and tell him everyday too. And of course my Zoee when I see her too.

happylabs
08-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Probably too many times to count, especially Buddy since he is such a love bug. I always tell them I love the when I leave for work in the morning. "Mama is going to work, be good kitties, mama loves you." Of course Mama is the name of one of my cats so they are probably very confused.

kuhio98
08-18-2012, 12:24 PM
All the time.

We've had a couple of sessions with pet communicators. I'm always afraid they are going tell the communicator to tell me to shut up about it! :D

Randi
08-18-2012, 01:28 PM
I tell Fister every day and my friends/family could hear me, they'd think I'd gone raving mad. We snuggle up in bed every night and sometimes he simply can't wait for me to come to bed - oh yes, he knows what time is bedtime! :D

maid25cats
08-18-2012, 04:39 PM
ALL THE TIME every day :D

Before I leave for work I yell as I'm closing the door,
Mommy loves you, be good babies. Ill see u later!
I talk to them all the time.

When I call home at night before I leave work
my husband always has the phone on speaker.
I'll be talking and the cats come flying into the room looking around for me :D

When I come home at night I have 1 or both of my boys that meet me at the car or as I walk down the walkway
I talk to them I don't care who is walking by or if the neighbors are out.

cassiesmom
08-18-2012, 05:17 PM
I usually say it when I feed her. "Okay, Cassie, supper time (or breakfast time), I love you, come and get your noms (or brekkies or dinnies)."

Sometimes, when she's in snuggle-bug mode, we say a prayer of thanks for all the pets we know and the people who love them.

happylabs
08-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I usually say it when I feed her. "Okay, Cassie, supper time (or breakfast time), I love you, come and get your noms (or brekkies or dinnies)."

Sometimes, when she's in snuggle-bug mode, we say a prayer of thanks for all the pets we know and the people who love them.

I need to get my cats involved in prayers. I never thought about that. At least 2 of them are in bed when I go to sleep at night. I always pray for the PT kittes and dogs.

Queen of Poop
08-18-2012, 07:40 PM
I tell them all the time. Surviving the last few years would have been much more difficult without them. :love: :love: :love:

astrid
08-18-2012, 10:58 PM

Me too! I never leave home without telling my baby girl how much I love her, and say a little prayer for her; and before going to sleep I tell her how much it means to me her love and company. :love:

When I come home from work I tell her how much I missed her and how happy I feel when I see her gorgeous little face :)

Aren't our little fur kids a blessing?

krazyaboutkatz
08-19-2012, 12:06 AM
I tell them at least once a day but usually several times a day. I also say prayers for them and for all of the people and their pets on PT too.:)

Donnaj4962
08-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Every time I leave the house, Sasha kitty hears... "Ok, I'm off to (work, the store, visit XXX, wherever I'm going). I love you. Have sweet kitty cat dreams. NO PARTIES!"

I even say it when I am walking out the door with someone right there with me! Some think I'm nuts... but I don't care.

I also tell her every day, all the time how much I love her and how pretty she is.

Our nightly routine is our prayers and then I also tell RB Tabby that I love her too, and I blow her kisses to heaven. I ask her to watch over us and keep us safe and well. :love:

I miss that girl! She heard every day how much I love her also!

Kirsten
08-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Ahh, that is so sweet to read all your stories, and it's wonderful to imagine how very much loved all these kitties are! :love: :love: :love: I wonder if they know that?

kuhio98, I had to laugh at the part regarding your fear what they might tell the pet communicator! :D Hope they will never say such a thing!

Lady's Human
08-19-2012, 05:06 PM
I don't, but I find myself telling myself that frequently, normally after Patch decides to go on a rampage across the bed at o-dark thirty.

pomtzu
08-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Ahh, that is so sweet to read all your stories, and it's wonderful to imagine how very much loved all these kitties are! :love: :love: :love: I wonder if they know that?

Don't forget that our pups are very much loved too.........:D And yes - my pups definitely know it. :love::) spoiled rotten babies ;)

chocolatepuppy
08-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Every time I leave the house, Sasha kitty hears... "Ok, I'm off to (work, the store, visit XXX, wherever I'm going). I love you. Have sweet kitty cat dreams. NO PARTIES!"

Ha ha! This is too funny. I do the same thing! I give the furkids the low down on where I'm going and how long I'll be gone!:D

kuhio98
08-19-2012, 09:03 PM

:D:D:DI kind of do the same thing. Every month when I have to leave for the airport to go to work, I tell them that I'm off to work at the Cat Food Factory. :D:D:D I figure that must be where they think I'm going since when I return, they get lots of food, treats and toys.

Kirsten
08-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Ha ha! This is too funny. I do the same thing! I give the furkids the low down on where I'm going and how long I'll be gone!:D

Well, I think this is absolutely the right thing! I once read a book written by Amelia Kinkade (the pet psychic), and she believes that they do understand what we're telling them, and that it is important for them to know where we're going and especially when we'll be back. I'm telling mine every time! :)

momcat
08-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Groucho and I have our morning ritual. I always try to keep maybe a half hour to just sit and have some coffee before leaving for work. Groucho comes up for a snuggle session, I tell him how much I love him and hope he's as happy with us as we are with him. Getting in from work is the best part of the day. Groucho is always at the door and greets me with meows, follows me into the house. As soon as I sit down, he comes up with his hind-quarters on my leg, puts his head on my shoulder then gently strokes my face with his paw. I tell him how much I missed him and love him and he just purrs. He hears "I love you" all the time. :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-20-2012, 03:16 PM
I try to tell them I love them every day. Grandma I for sure do. I tell her several times a day. Since she is blind and health is starting to fail, I want her to know it for sure. Besides she sleeps with me. It's only polite to tell her when I tell her good night. :D :love:

katladyd
08-20-2012, 03:45 PM
I tell them all the time. Surviving the last few years would have been much more difficult without them. :love: :love: :love:

Ain't that the truth! My furbabies have often been my lifeline. They give so much love and ask for so little from us. How can you not love them?:love:

DriftyAlison0
08-20-2012, 09:03 PM
I aim to tell them once a day that I love them.

phesina
08-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Always.