PDA

View Full Version : Fall?? Where are you??

NoahsMommy
11-20-2002, 11:32 AM
Um...it's going to be 92 degrees today!! What? It's rarely that hot here....where is fall? Winter?

This isn't fun....where's the rain?

catland
11-20-2002, 11:37 AM
You can have some of mine! After an unseasonably dry and nice October, our November arrived right on schedule. It's been very wet and dark and damp. We still have some fall color in the trees (right outside my office window is an absolutely gorgeous maple with wonderful red and orange leaves) but that will be gone by Thanksgiving. I also have tons of leaves to rake up in my yard (that's what happens when you live in a neighborhood with "mature" landscaping:eek: )

Although overall, I love where I live and couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

iceyshiver21
11-20-2002, 11:41 AM
i know what you mean its 56 degrees today and thats hot for minnesota!! usually theres a better chance of haveing 56 feet of snow than 56 degree weather!:eek:

Chinadoll
11-20-2002, 11:57 AM
I'm not in a hurry for winter. It's in the 70s here and that's fine with me. Any cooler and I have to actually wear what little winter clothes I have and give up all my open toe shoes and put on socks. ugh. I called my Dad who lives in San Diego yesterday. He said they had a Santa Ana and it was 80 something degrees. ick...I like it warm but not like that in November.

wolflady
11-20-2002, 12:05 PM
LOL LOL Kelly, I know what you mean!! I was certain that fall/winter had come a couple of weeks ago when our rains hit...and they hit hard. I thought for sure that was going to be the beginning of our rainy season! Nope!! False alarm! It rained for a couple of days and now it's back to feeling like spring and being sunny, although up here it's at least not 92!!! Ugh! It's supposed to be in the 70's - low 80's this weekend! :eek: LOL We'll see...the weather forcasters are only right 50% of the time out here :rolleyes: LOL

I do have a fallback...since I'll be going back to Indiana for Christmas, I should get some cold Christmas weather to enjoy before coming back out here for the spring like weather! :D ;)

NoahsMommy
11-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
I'm not in a hurry for winter. It's in the 70s here and that's fine with me. Any cooler and I have to actually wear what little winter clothes I have and give up all my open toe shoes and put on socks. ugh. I called my Dad who lives in San Diego yesterday. He said they had a Santa Ana and it was 80 something degrees. ick...I like it warm but not like that in November.
This is the exact weather we have right now....we live about 3 hours north of San Diego. It's terrible...

momoffuzzyfaces
11-20-2002, 12:18 PM
Gosh, I thought we in Kansas had the market cornered on weird weather. They say here that if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes and it will change. That's the truth. Most of October was rainy and cloudy with temperatures up and down and all over. Today it is sunny and in the 60s. Don't fret. We are supposed to get snow flurries on Sunday, unless they change their mind.:D

11-20-2002, 12:27 PM
[i]

This isn't fun....where's the rain?[/COLOR] [/B]

What ??? asking for rain ??? Are you nuts ??
LOL . If you want rain , then move over to here ; we have plenty of that here !!!! Never visit Belgium without an umbrella ...:eek: :rolleyes:
It is about 6°C here now , and that is COLD !!!:eek:

kobear
11-20-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Um...it's going to be 92 degrees today!! What? It's rarely that hot here....where is fall? Winter?

This isn't fun....where's the rain?

You should be here in Virginia with me - on travel. People here think I'm nuts when I go out and dance in the rain - I'm loving it!! I'll be home in San Diego again Sat - hope it cools off by then!!!!
Kohala

NoahsMommy
11-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by lut
What ??? asking for rain ??? Are you nuts ??
LOL . If you want rain , then move over to here ; we have plenty of that here !!!! Never visit Belgium without an umbrella ...:eek: :rolleyes:
It is about 6°C here now , and that is COLD !!!:eek:
I'm from SUNNY California....I swear it's the sunniest place on earth! LOL :) Not that that's a bad thing...but I'm now ready for some actual seasonal weather... :D

neko1
11-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Fall is definately here!! The leaves are off the trees. I've already had to brush snow off my car a couple times too. I have this odd feeling we are going to have a horrible winter and I'm not looking forward to it.

NoahsMommy
11-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Yes, Southern California...we are about 30 minute from the beach and get that ocean breeze....and it's still hot. We actually have our Santa Ana winds right now, so there is SOME Fall... :) Not the kind I wanted though, I really don't like hot wind.

wolflady
11-20-2002, 03:34 PM
I think you'll really like the change of weather and seasons when you move up north...here with me! :D I really do like it, because it actually does get more "weather" and change of seasons than southern CA. Plus, I love that I can light my fireplace in the winter and it does get quite chilly!:) We even got snow last year which was unusual (even though it melted just as quickly)! :eek: :D

NoahsMommy
11-20-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
I think you'll really like the change of weather and seasons when you move up north...here with me! :D I really do like it, because it actually does get more "weather" and change of seasons than southern CA. Plus, I love that I can light my fireplace in the winter and it does get quite chilly!:) We even got snow last year which was unusual (even though it melted just as quickly)! :eek: :D
SNOW???? Oh, now I'm going to start packing when I get home! :)

jenluckenbach
11-20-2002, 06:45 PM
We have PLENTY of fall here.a couple of days ago I had on 3 sweaters, but today was a beautiful day. Our leaves are surprisingly spectacular after our summer drought. And a friend of mine who lives around a lot of mature oak trees, is up to her eyeballe in leaves. HA HA HA HA

Cataholic
11-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
And a friend of mine who lives around a lot of mature oak trees, is up to her eyeballe in leaves. HA HA HA HA

Maybe you could go help her rake the leaves, Jen? He he he

Crikit
11-20-2002, 10:28 PM
6C is cold? There are days in Calgary when we pray for that kind of weather. Actually we're lucky right now right in the middle of a chinook arch so we had a wonderful high of 16C today or something like that...they say it will last a couple of days like that and then it's back down to below zero for a couple and back above zero and there's a chance of flurries or snow but who knows with our weather.

That could be why we have the saying don't like the weather wait five minutes and will change. It's really true.

Nomilynn
11-21-2002, 02:20 AM
We broke records today all over the province it was so warm today!!!! It was weird because yesterday it POURED rain and it was cold and yucky. I was glad for the sun!!!! Especially because the rear window defogger doesn't work in my car right now, and when nightfall came I couldn't see out my back window. I had to drive home with the windows down - and I wasn't cold.. how amazing is that for November!! :eek: :eek: I'm getting my defogger fixed next week though! :D