PDA

View Full Version : PUPPY QUESTION

tokitaegirl
04-25-2001, 07:54 AM
Does anyone else's puppies eat SOCKS? No, seriously, I mean it! Its like the babe's OBSESSED with socks! Ever since we found him, he was pulling socks off our feet and happily collecting tham off the floor around the house! Anyone else have a dog like this????

------------------
JaD

RachelJ
04-25-2001, 08:20 AM
Hannah loves to remove my socks. I think it is the cutest thing. She'll remove one and then go after the other one. She does it by grabbing the tip of the toe and shaking it until it comes off. It's amazing that she never chomps down on a toe in the process, but she doesn't.

Dixie Belle
04-25-2001, 11:09 PM
My puppy never had a thing for socks, but she liked underware. I wish it had been socks.

Jasper's Mom
04-26-2001, 06:31 AM
Both of my dogs are always stealing socks from anywhere they can find them, and chewing in delight the smellier they are. We always scold them and take them away, after watching the life threatening and very expensive surgery episodes on Animal Plant. Intestinal blockages from panties, socks, pantyhose and other odd things. Be careful, they think they are yummy treats.

Westie Woman
05-16-2001, 11:38 AM
My cat steals socks every night, and meows until we come and see what she 'killed'. My older dog also pulls socks and scrunchies off, but never was obsessed w/ it.

Tanya1414
05-16-2001, 12:14 PM
My mini schnauzer LOVES my panty hose. I made the mistake once of giving him an old pair. Unfortunately, he doesn't know the difference between new and old ones. So now, when I get dressed, he has to stay out of the room!!!

sloth
06-07-2001, 06:17 PM
My dog dosent go for my socks he goes for my blanket in the middle of the night when i am sleeping. ;0)

*BaSim*
06-07-2001, 06:50 PM
Simba never played\chewed on sox or any undergarments. Except for when i give him ym old sox and a tie the ends together and use it for a tug o war toay he loves it!!

------------------
http://PetoftheDay.com/online/SimBa2.jpg

*.KayAnn.*&Simba*RuFf*

Eudora
06-28-2001, 10:17 AM
Hm.. that's interesting. I can't ahve a dog since my bro is allergic. :( But ny friend's dog loves to drink swimming pool water from their personal swimming pool out of the pool. If we give the water to her in her bowl, she won't drink it! Only out of the pool! Actually the chlorine is bad for her so they try to stop her. But once she was tyring to drink the water when i was there and she FELL INTO THE POOL! When I got her out she had this :o look on her face! SO cuuute!

Pam
06-30-2001, 06:41 AM
Yes Bella is a sock puppy too! She does wait until they are off our feet though! (Loved that note about Hannah!) She is also following in her predecessor's "paw steps" by grabbing any small towel (hand towel or dish towel) that is within her reach and then running away with it. As she runs away the tail is straight up and the gait is rather haughty as if to say (haha! pulled one over on you!) :D

DogFan77
07-07-2001, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tokitaegirl:
[QB]Does anyone else's puppies eat SOCKS? No, seriously, I mean it! Its like the babe's OBSESSED with socks! Ever since we found him, he was pulling socks off our feet and happily collecting tham off the floor around the house! Anyone else have a dog like this????

My dog used to do that when he was a puppy, but now he has grown out of that habbit. If you wait for at least a year your dog will out grow that stage.

:)

Eudora
07-16-2001, 08:54 AM
I dunnoe... with my friend's pup it is her underwear!! Now that is a real headache... :eek: and expensive too.

POOH267
07-16-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by DogFan77:
<STRONG>[QUOTE]Originally posted by tokitaegirl:
[QB]Does anyone else's puppies eat SOCKS? No, seriously, I mean it! Its like the babe's OBSESSED with socks! Ever since we found him, he was pulling socks off our feet and happily collecting tham off the floor around the house! Anyone else have a dog like this????

My dog used to do that when he was a puppy, but now he has grown out of that habbit. If you wait for at least a year your dog will out grow that stage.

:)</STRONG>

POOH267
07-16-2001, 01:08 PM
THIS IS GONNA SOUND GROCE...BUT I'VE HEARD THAT IT IS ACTUALLY YOUR BODY ODOR THAT ATTRACTS THE DOG TO THINGS LIKE YOUR SOCKS OR YOUR UNDERWEAR.....IT'S THEIR WAY OF BEING "CLOSE" TO YOU.....TRY THIS....SLEEP WITH A BLANKET THAT YOU PLAN TO GIVE TO YOUR PUPPY...BUT SLEEP WITH IT FIRST FOR ABOUT A WEEK TO GET YOUR SCENT ON IT...AND THEN GIVE IT TO HIM TO BE HIS VERY OWN AND SEE IF THE SOCK THING TAPERS OFF...IF NOT....HOPEFULLY HE'LL GROW OUT OF IT....AS HE GETS OLDER....GOOD LUCK!!!

Originally posted by DogFan77:
<STRONG>[QUOTE]Originally posted by tokitaegirl:

:)</STRONG>

:rolleyes: :eek:

MHMama
07-30-2001, 09:43 PM
Ricky used to do socks too, in fact I found several hidden in my son's closet where he had stashed them. I figured that was bad enough but now he likes to hide shoes. I still can't figure out why or how he manages to drag those shoes all over the house when he is so little.
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/Oe/ZG/P8/HD34335.jpg http://wsphotofews.excite.com/030/rw/nA/Uy/FF10875.jpg :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: MHMama ]

3-greys-and-a-mutt
07-31-2001, 07:13 AM
Please watch out! I've encountered two situations where dogs have been very sick from eating clothing.
A neighbor's dog ate a sock, and (luckily) passed it within a few days.
My aunt and uncle's lab ate a pair of children's underpants, and he was at death's door because of it! Over several weeks, he kept getting sicker and sicker, and wasn't eating - he was drinking alot, though, so they were instructed to feed him popsicles. The felt felt a mass in his abdomen, and scheduled the dog for exploratory surgery. Then, lo and behold, after a long struggle in the backyard, the dog passed a pair of my cousin's underpants - which noone even knew was missing!

Cinder & Smoke
08-01-2001, 01:18 PM
Smokey here :o ~

Dad wuz gonna leave us out of this discussion ~ till Mundee morning happened :eek: ~

Seems Cinder an me kinda leave Dad's clothes-skins alone mosta the time. Eber wunst innna while we'd flip a sock round the bunk room, but neber *chonked* on nuffin. Till Mundee.

Dad wokes up and toddles off towards the baffroom (no lookin glasses on). Stepz onna *soggy socky* layin inna middel of the bunk room floor. "WHAT's THISS???" echos round the house. Picks up the socky an notices the toebone end is missin :eek: - gotz TWO open ends :mad:!!

I'd already dived offa bigbed and am lookin out frum under wiffa big dinner plate sized eyeballs - Cinners is just commin to on top the bigbed - she don't knowe nuffin's wrong cept Dad keeps hollerin "WHAT's THISS??".

Dad putz on his lookin glasses and finds the busted socky's brudder layin ober by the dresser - that socky's missin the toebone end, too :rolleyes:. More hollerin.

Next thin I knowz is I'm gettin *biffed* on top my headbone wiffa soggy socky thingies and Dad's hollerin the *BAD dawg* wurdz!

Think I'l go out inna bigroom an pick up wunna our dawgie *chonker* toyz next time I feel the need to nibbel on sumpin.

/s/ SmokeMan, the Socky Eater :cool:

tatsxxx11
08-01-2001, 07:54 PM
Cinners and Smokey...NAWTEEDAWGS!!!!!Didn't yuz guys know that hooomins don't take kindly to chompin onna paw pad covers?? :D I went ate one when I was just a weenie pup and got kinda sick like. Talk about yer dinner plate eyeballs~ :eek: Mom jest about lost hers when she found it inna poop pile! Better yuz two chew on Dad's footies. Love, your pal Star, the ex-sock eater ;)

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

Pam
08-01-2001, 08:08 PM
Bella here! Smokey I'm sorry you got caught. These humans just don't understand that sock chewin' is a great pleasure to a pup. Some of them humans chews tobackie and stuff and some of them puts those long white things in their mouths with the smoke comin' out the end and none of that is good for them. You would think they would know that we just like the feel of somethin' in our mouffs just like they do. Maybe next time Smokey you should bury the evidence. Phred just might think he lost 'em. Wags to you and Cinder, Your Pal Bella Woof!

BPlovebug
08-06-2001, 10:54 AM
My 2 dogs like to pull my socks off and play with tem but they don't littaly eat them!!!LOLOLOL :D :D :D :D

Stenograsaurus
08-06-2001, 11:15 AM
My husky, Dakota, will eat my daughter's socks every chance he gets. I guess he likes hers because they're smaller. (She's 4.) He will swallow them hole. He's been doing this ever since she was a baby. Fortunately, we've never had any bad experiences with it. Everything "comes out okay in the end". I'm going to have to save up money for the inevitable surgery when one doesn't come through. God, I hope that never happens but I just can't stop him. I've seen him getting one and by the time I ran over to him, screaming no the whole time, and pried open his mouth, it's gone.

mkgwolf
08-13-2001, 09:11 PM
My 1 1/2 year old husky Kodi really likes socks too. He doesn't eat them or anything but just likes to steal things and run away with it. he knows hes not supposed to have them so he tries to take them when i'm not looking. He really only does this when he wants to play but thats almost all the time. Also wash clothes, stuffed animals, plastic things, anything soft but he usually drops it when you tell him too.