PDA

View Full Version : Calling all stargazers..

pomtzu
08-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Late tonight and early tomorrow a.m. is the Perseids Meteor Shower - at it's peak. It will be in the northeastern sky, and depending where you live, the best hours to view will vary. It says for here in DE, the best time is between 11 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. Don't know that I'll get to see any of it tho, since the forecast is for cloudy conditions overnight. :eek: You can check your area at www.SpaceDex.com, if you are interested.

Karen
08-11-2012, 04:45 PM
It always seems to be overcast here when that happens! And it will likely be raining here then, but thanks for letting us know!

moosmom
08-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah, it'll probably be overcast here too.:( But I'll try and check it out to see if MAYBE there'll be a glimpse.

chocolatepuppy
08-11-2012, 08:24 PM
If I see them it will be by midnight, then I'll be sleeping.;) Cloudy here anyways.:(

Jessika
08-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Crystal clear skies here but I've not seen anything yet....... :(

EDIT: And aww that site doesn't work, hoping it'll pick up here soon though

pomtzu
08-12-2012, 06:12 AM
I didn't get to see anything - darn clouds and rain. When I got up to let the pups out at 5 a.m. it was starting to clear, but it was getting too light to be able to see anything. Hopefully tonight.............

That SpaceDex site is tricky - you have to try it a couple of times - at least I did anyway - and eventually I got there.

Jessika
08-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Ended up venturing a drive around 1:30am to a darker spot (LOTS of light pollution here) and saw quite a few from where we parked :)

pomtzu
08-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Ended up venturing a drive around 1:30am to a darker spot (LOTS of light pollution here) and saw quite a few from where we parked :)

Cool! I'm jealous. The forecast for tonight is clear, so if I manage to stay awake, I'll see what I can see. I live in the country, so no streetlights or anything like that, and I can sit on my front porch and have a clear view of the northeastern sky.

Taz_Zoee
08-13-2012, 09:50 AM
We were camping and were close to a pond. There was a perfect little slope that we could lay on and stare at the sky. We saw a lot of them. My goal was to see two at once. Of course two minutes after I called it quits and went to shower the two people that remained said there were two at once. DARN IT!!
Then one of our campers got up around 4am to potty and she said she saw several small ones very close together. I got up at 5am but didn't want to stand around to see. I just wanted to go back to bed. LOL

Asiel
08-13-2012, 07:12 PM
It's been cloudy for the last three nights so I didn't see one thing...even if a few stragglers were around tonight it's overcast and cloudy so no hope for me.