PDA

View Full Version : volcanic eruption in NZ today...

carole
08-06-2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10825125.

Bit scarey, we have had them before, and i am about three hours drive away, but still one can never get complacent about it all.
it is about to rain in my city today, so it is hard to tell if it is clouds for that or ash, but it could well be ash,fingers crossed all will be well,keep us in your prayers many thanks.

sana
08-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh gosh! Lots of prayers for you guys! I hope everybody and everything stays safe! :eek:

carole
08-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks Sana, me too, none of these things are nice, i have really dear friends in Taupo which is really really close to the eruption, so i am hoping they are ok.

Karen
08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
You will all be in our prayers.

phesina
08-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Oh, Carole, prayers that all stays well for you and that there are no casualties or serious injuries or damage for anyone. We are sending you and your family and your critters all our good wishes.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

carole
08-06-2012, 05:10 PM
thanks all, from reports everything seems to be ok, no injuries or anything so that is all good, was in 1896 this mountain last erupted, so has been a while, but we have others Mt Ruapehu that is often rumbling away, and white island has also been spewing up ash.

Ash fall out is a real problem ,but does not seem to be affecting my city ,in fact even the ones close by are only saying there is darkish clouds and smell of sulphur, yes let us hope the mountain settles down for another hundred years or so, fingers crossed.

mrspunkysmom
08-06-2012, 06:51 PM
Praying for you and New Zealanders

carole
08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
THANKS so far all is ok from what i heard, just heard from my friend near the volcanoe and she said she did not even know about it until she heard it on the news, had her flight to auckland cancelled and had to drive instead though, so it looks like things are settling down.

here is a picture of it, looks rather beautiful really, pity it is scarey as well.

david p
08-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Oh, Sis, Pittsburgh and Concordia thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and anyone else affected by this volcano. I hope that everyone will be safe.

phesina
08-07-2012, 10:27 AM
What a stunning photograph... and scary indeed when you think of what it shows.

I hope and pray that you all remain safe there, Carole.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:!

carole
08-07-2012, 03:05 PM
yes pat the photo is quite stunning isn't it, so far so good, but you never can tell with this sort of thing, has been lying dormant for over a hundred years and took all the experts by surprise,lots of volcanic ash for those nearby , and as you know that is not without it's problems, some could smell the sulphur here, like our city rotorua,it smells like that all the time, but not here where i live,but we are not really affected as such thank goodness, hope everyone is safe nearby though, thanks for the kind words from everyone.

Kirsten
08-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed here that everyone will stay safe. That photo looks quite scary!

mrspunkysmom
08-07-2012, 04:00 PM
I pray it fizzles and releases energy slowly.