PDA

View Full Version : Nelson is gone

phesina
07-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Nelson, the beloved cat of my sister Mary Kay and her partner Helen, made his trip to the Rainbow Bridge today. He had cancer that he'd fought valiantly for months but today made it difficult and painful for him to breathe. This afternoon Mary Kay and Helen took him to the emergency vet to ease his suffering.

More than 16 years ago a tiny kitten, covered with maggots and injured by a paving stone he'd been found under, was brought to a vet to be put down. The vet thought she could save him. After he got better he went home with Mary Kay and Helen, where he has lived a most wonderful cat-life full of love and fun and good food, right up through today.

The Catmobile kitties will remember Nelson for his fine Sean Nos singing and square-dance calling on Catmobile trips. Today Nelson told me he wanted to thank all the Catmobilers and all the Pet Talkers for making him so welcome and sharing such wonderful times with him.

Rest in peace, dearest beloved Nelson. We love you so much, and we will join you, over the Bridge at the Summerland, Land of Hearts' Desire... One Fine Day. Never to be parted again. God bless, and love.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove::love:

(I have a couple of pictures of Nelson in my PT Album, but I don't know how to put them here in this message.)

Bengalz
07-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Rest in Peace sweet Nelson - you were dearly loved:love:.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Catty1
07-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Bless the vet who decided to save Nelson! Nelson had the best life ever with Mary Kay and Helen, and they put Nelson's well-being before their own broken hearts and let him go in peace.

HUGS, and Nelson awaits you at the Rainbow Bridge, where you will be reunited One Fine Day.:love:

pomtzu
07-29-2012, 03:09 PM
RIP Nelson, and healing peace to those who loved you.:love:

He was a handsome boy, Pat. Looks just like my very first kitty, Snuffy, from nearly 50 years ago.

Freedom
07-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Nelson, form one cat-life to another at RB, you are one special kitty.

My condolences to you, Pat, and to Mary Kay and Helen as well.

phesina
07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Thank you so much, Bengalz and Candace and Ellie and Sandie. Your kind, loving thoughts and wishes are deeply appreciated.

Felicia's Mom
07-29-2012, 08:01 PM
My condolences to all of you. Nelson is now pain free and waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Grace
07-29-2012, 08:04 PM
Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about Nelson. He was a very handsome chap -I'm certain the ladies at The Bridge are squabbling over which one of them will have first dibs :)

Cataholic
07-29-2012, 08:09 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Nelson's passing.

Karen
07-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Rest in peace, handsome boy. I am sure there are plenty of dances up at the Rainbow Bridge that could use your calling talents!

Our condolences to all the ladies who loved him!

kuhio98
07-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Pat ~ I'm so sorry for your loss. Please let Mary Kay and Helen know that our thoughts and prayers are with them.

If I've done this right, 2 photos of Nelson should appear below. Rest in peace, precious Nelson.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=51778&d=1315520299

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=51777&d=1315520126

krazyaboutkatz
07-30-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( RIP sweet Nelson.:(

issop
07-30-2012, 07:39 AM
nelson was really a nice kitty whom you shared your long life with.. thank you for rescuing him when you did pat.. he was very gratful to be with you....16 years is a long time for a cats which is equivlate to about 75-80 year old person.. play long and enjoy the rainbow bridge.. mr nelson... 20120730.0539

smokey the elder
07-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm so sorry about Nelson. That was a good save, 16 years ago!

catmandu
07-30-2012, 09:27 AM
you had a rough life at first Nelson, but you certainly were one Lucky Kitten to have found such a wonderful FurrEver Home with your Family who loved you so , and were so loved in return:love:
All of Our Awesome Angels have welcome Neklson into the fold with his Wings of Silver and Gold!!
Nelson will be looking for that special place where you will be reunited in love.
One Fine Day:love:

phesina
07-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Thank you, Lisa, for posting Nelson's pictures. (I need to find out how to do that. I can just do "attachments" from ones on my computer.)

And thank you and everyone else for the kind and loving thoughts and wishes that you've posted here. Mary Kay and Helen and I are deeply touched.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove::love:,
Pat, Helen, Mary Kay, and the cats

Catty1
07-30-2012, 12:24 PM
What a beautiful cat Nelson is in those pictures! He was very well cared for and obviously very loved.:love::love:

Barbara
07-30-2012, 01:24 PM
I am so sorry about Nelson's passing. Tell Mary Kay and Helen that there are many Pet Talk kitties at Rainbow Bridge to welcome him.

phesina
07-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Thank you, Candace and Barbara. Yes, Nelson was beautifully cared for and is greatly loved. And I know he is just delighted to meet all his new friends at the Bridge!

:love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
07-30-2012, 08:55 PM
For everyone who loved Nelson, I am sorry for your loss. He was a very handsome boy. I believe you will see him again one day. After a bad start it sure sounds as if he had a wonderful 16 years.

chocolatepuppy
07-31-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm sorry about Nelson.:( May he Rest In Peace.

phesina
07-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Thank you, Kay and chocolatepuppy. Yes, Nelson had a good long life, and I'm sure we'll see him again.

In fact, I can almost see the square dances going on by the Bridge right now!

Love :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::l ove::love:

mrspunkysmom
08-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Rest Peacefully Nelson :love:

phesina
08-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Thank you, Anne.