PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Rommey Pounded By British Press

lizbud
07-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Among other things, Mitt was labeled a "Wazzock" He sure put his foot in it over there. Poor Mitty.:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19015278

RICHARD
07-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Among other things, Mitt was labeled a "Wazzock" He sure put his foot in it over there. Poor Mitty.:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19015278

Beside Rep Wiener, what politician hasn't pulled a boner before?

At least Newt Romney goes outside the country to make a fool of himself.

Most politicians stay home and get the same effect.

After all, We do have 57 states, way more than Britain has?

pomtzu
07-27-2012, 01:32 PM
At least Newt Romney goes outside the country to make a fool of himself.

After all, We do have 57 states, way more than Britain has?

Is this a test to see how many folks are paying attention to what you say???? :p

Freedom
07-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Considering his prior experience, I was surprised Romney did this, lol. I suspect he was rather stunned himself!

Edwina's Secretary
07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Is this a test to see how many folks are paying attention to what you say???? :p

No...this is an obsession. You see, apparently President Obama is the only president in the history of the country to misspeak. He once said the "57 states." The shock...the horror!!! :eek::eek::eek: Perhaps you can read about it in a newspaper morgue - you know - the place where they store old newspapers.

By the way...anybody notice in the article...Mitt Romeny had a fund raiser in London???? Can you imagine...taking money from foriegners to use in a US election.:eek::eek::eek:

I'll wait a moment for the outrage from the usual suspects...:rolleyes:

Lady's Human
07-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Gov. Romney is an empty suit with no core values whatsoever.

He was for gun control (as gov in MA he signed very restrictive gun control measures) but now he's against it.

He was for Romneycare, now he wants to repeal it.

He balanced the budget in MA without raising taxes.....but damned near bankrupted towns (forcing them to raise taxes, but not state taxes) and doubled and tripled (and more) user and licensing fees.

He's against offshoring jobs, but did it himself for years.

He's only for one thing: Mitt Romney for President, and he'll pander to anyone to get there.

As to the offshore fund raising? Needs to be banned, regardless of who is doing it.

Edwina's Secretary
07-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Don't forget the subject that cannot be named (on here anyway...)

He was for it...he can't remember what he said, but whatever he said is what he thinks but...oh wait...he's against it!

Freedom
07-27-2012, 09:10 PM
There is a pic going around on FB, a formal dinner, the Queen leans in to Obama and says, "And you can tell Mr. Mittens, he has been voted OFF the islands!" He he heeeee

momcat
07-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Mittens:

Engage brain before using mouth.....

Seamus

RICHARD
07-28-2012, 09:53 AM

Of course, Political discourse always makes rational people, well, irrational people, more irrational?:D

RICHARD
07-28-2012, 09:58 AM
If MI-6 is so secret, why are they making 007 movies?

------------------------------

Why is everyone getting all bunched up pantywise when it comes to stupid remarks by stupid politicians?

Check out the current roster and let me know.

--------------------

All you all are ticked off that OUR Queen can't jump out of a helicopter.

Suck it up people.

Edwina's Secretary
07-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Why is everyone getting all bunched up pantywise when it comes to stupid remarks by stupid politicians?

I love the fact that the media made light of the comments by the prez at some get-together last night....

He was talking about assault rifles and said something like "AK-47s should stay in the hands of soldiers

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lizbud
07-29-2012, 11:05 AM
This article on Romney's seemingly clueless & insulting missteps at the Olympics is explained rather nicely here. A very interesting opinion.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2012/07/mitt_romney_s_insults_and_mistakes_while_at_the_lo ndon_olympics_aren_t_gaffes_as_much_as_a_fair_repr esentation_of_his_worldview_.single.html

Lady's Human
07-29-2012, 01:25 PM
And what the next diplomatic faux pas upon the Gov. Romney's agenda? Is he going to declare Taipei the capital of China?

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/29/in-israel-romney-to-issue-unmistakable-warning-to-iran/?hpt=hp_t2

Lady's Human
07-31-2012, 07:56 AM
Gov. Romney doesn't even need to chew on his own shoes, his press secretary does it for him!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/31/romney-aide-loses-cool-curses-at-press-in-poland/

I suppose it's too late for the GOP to draft Gov. Huntsman?

Edwina's Secretary
07-31-2012, 10:51 AM
He had a fund raiser in London and a fund raiser in Israel. Why no fund raiser in Poland? I would think it would tie in with his theme of the greatness of the Polish economy.

I just cannot understand why he is being given such a pass by the so-called liberal media - selling his campaign abroad.

How did he miss Serbia? A statement there about the superiority of Yugoslavia with a strong Serbia at the helm?

lizbud
07-31-2012, 06:40 PM
I just cannot understand why he is being given such a pass by the so-called liberal media - selling his campaign abroad.

How did he miss Serbia? A statement there about the superiority of Yugoslavia with a strong Serbia at the helm?

Given a pass by the media??? This is just one article of many that covered his circus tour. Romney even got a comments from Karl Rove
about what a sad thing to watch.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/mitt-romney-trip-embarrassing-disaster-obama-aide/story?id=16894680

Miss Z
08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
When one is mocked successfully by Boris Johnson, one knows one has problems. :D

kitten645
08-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh Miss Z! A perfect British answer. Bravo! Well done! LOL!