PDA

View Full Version : Colorado movie theater shooting: at least 12 dead

Randi
07-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I just saw this terrible news on CNN...:( :( :(

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2012/jul/20/denver-batman-premiere-shooting-live

gini
07-20-2012, 01:00 PM
This news made me sick to my stomach. Special prayers are offered for the souls that are gone and for all that are injured and their friends and families. Only God knows what is in the mind and heart of the young man who did this.

Karen
07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Our thought and prayers are with all of those affected. Colorado has seen more than its share of tragedy lately, and we will hold everyone there in our prayers.

Pembroke_Corgi
07-21-2012, 06:40 AM
This happened only a few miles from my house. I have been to that movie theater many times before and I can't tell you how shaken it makes me feel to know this happened in a place where I have never felt unsafe. It's hard to express how devastating something like this is when it happens in your own neighborhood to your own neighbors. I really feel heartbroken for the families who lost people they love due to this horrible act.

chocolatepuppy
07-21-2012, 09:36 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families in CO.:(

cassiesmom
07-21-2012, 09:47 AM
This whole situation is so sad. I heard on the news that this movie theater is not too far from Columbine High School, I think the reporter said 20 miles. One of the people killed is a U.S. Navy sailor from Illinois- it was announced on the news this morning that the Navy has given confirmation. So, so sad. We have had a lot of shootings in Chicago this summer so lots of news about people being injured or killed due to gun violence. Just tragic.

Grace
07-21-2012, 12:36 PM
I wonder . . . . .

Just listening to MSNBC doing an interview with the gal who lived downstairs of the creep. She said that at exactly 12 midnight, there was a burst of very load music coming from her upstairs neighbor's apartment. This was unusual, as they rarely heard any sound from up there. She went upstairs and knocked on the door. It was closed, but she had a sense it was unlocked.

She went back to her place and didn't know anything else until the police made everyone leave several hours later. IF she had opened the door, that would probably have set off an explosion. Then all the focus of police and fire and rescue would have been at that building. But there was no explosion, so there was immediate response at the theater.

Remember the guy in Norway? He set off some explosions in Oslo, and while everyone was focused on those, he was off on that island having free rein to shoot all the campers.

Alysser
07-21-2012, 12:54 PM
This is a horrible crime and I feel so bad for all the victims of this tragedy. :(

Louie and me
07-21-2012, 03:32 PM
We had an incident here in Toronto just a few days ago at a neighborhood block party. Somebody shot a guy who then pulled his own gun and sprayed bullets everywhere trying to get back at the original shooter. A 14 year old girl and a 20+ year old honor student were killed, 23 other people including babies were injured by bullets. So - one guy had evil intent and the other was "just trying to defend himself" and now two people are dead and twenty three others have bullet wounds. I just about weep over the senslessness of it all.

Karen
07-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Folks, this in in General, let's leave discussion of guns and gun control to a Dog House thread.

Karen
07-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Please, please, put any gun control debate in The Dog House. Leave this thread as a respectful remembrance of the victims and their families.

sparks19
07-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Wow. Serious respect for Christian Bale. He is in Aurora right now visiting with all the victims of the shooting. Good for him.

Thank you mr bale for stepping up and being a bright spot for those that have suffered at the hands of pure evil.

kitten645
07-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Kudos to Mr Bale. My heart goes out to those affected by this. I think that's pretty much everyone :(